Platoons

Wrathe
197 posts Member
edited September 2021
Platoons just really are a bad player experience. Everyone is trying to do their best, they want to 4/4 waves, but oops, you have to give away Rex, or C-3P0 or some other vital piece of a team that there's really no working around it. You were selected to suck.

It's one thing to force a character check to ensure proper roster depth for a guild. You can do that and still allow the unit to be fought w/, IMO. That would be a much better play experience.

Heck, you could even calculate the depth requirements automatically then and no longer require people to actively platoon characters at all. That would let guilds start working on CM's faster vs. sitting around and waiting for people to fill their spots.

The harsh measure to ensure proper preparation is the gear requirements to actually DO the mission, hehe. Just a thought.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Joebo720
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Platoons are a bit of a bummer, especially if you are one of the people with lower geared toons. Echobase is odd too, it would pick my R5 3PO no zeta over a G12 z3PO.

If the CM's weren't so silly, it wouldn't be a big deal. But assuming everyone is sitting on at least (3) Jedi Teams and (3) other LS teams that can go 4/4 is not realistic.

Though you can ask for others in your guild that don't need a certain toon to place in your place.
  • Platoons are actually quite a good way of building cooperation in your guild - and the added bonus abilities they give your teams offsets the resource costs when it comes to getting stars. If you’re struggling with them, you might find something like EchoStation helps (if you have a guild discord) - it coordinates platoon assignments. Try not to think of them as an individual chore but as a collective effort and you should see some benefits
  • Platoons are even worse for the person who goes out and buys the latest and greatest characters or ships and then has to donate that thing and never gets to try it out. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Platoons make our guild complete way more mission waves than we could without the buffs, debuffs they provide.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Platoons are even worse for the person who goes out and buys the latest and greatest characters or ships and then has to donate that thing and never gets to try it out. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Care to show any new thing that someone cant use right now?
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Platoons are even worse for the person who goes out and buys the latest and greatest characters or ships and then has to donate that thing and never gets to try it out. 🤦🏻‍♂️

There's 12 Lord Vaders in the platoons right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Crayons wrote: »
    Platoons make our guild complete way more mission waves than we could without the buffs, debuffs they provide.

I'm not suggesting the buffs / debuffs going away, just that you're actually able to use the unit in combat still.

I've not seen the issue of new characters being in Platoons for a long, long time. I don't know if that was a creative decision, or just that we've not had a new TB piece of content for it to include new characters yet. Hopefully time will tell on that soon (new TB content? Please?)
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Well that's not a problem; it's a Light Side TB.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Well that's not a problem; it's a Light Side TB.

No wonder my SLKR was so bad!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH