What happened to all GLs will be equal?

Prosser
159 posts Member
edited September 10
So with the recent buffs to JMK, and Ai changes to GL battles, SEE is left out in the cold? JMK and CAT can walk all over SEE now, so how are they equal?

Nevermind the fact that SEE also gets the short end of the stick being the only GL that can't be in a team with his faction to actually be viable. You know, SITH Eternal Emporer that is in a squad with at most one other sith (SeT)?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Prosser wrote: »
    So with the recent buffs to JMK, and Ai changes to GL battles, SEE is left out in the cold? JMK and CAT can walk all over SEE now, so how are they equal?

    Nevermind the fact that SEE also gets the short end of the stick being the only GL that can't be in a team with his faction to actually be viable. You know, SITH Eternal Emporer that is in a squad with at most one other sith (SeT)?

    Rey’s optimal team is Jedi, not Resistance. But other than that I second this.
  • All GLs are equal but some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
  • TVF
    30949 posts Member
    Good. Why should a new GL be equal to an old GL?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • To be fair, JMK walked all over SEE before the changes too. At least on offense.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    To be fair, JMK walked all over SEE before the changes too. At least on offense.

    That doesn’t exactly make it better, because CG certainly thinks JMK wasn’t beating SEE hard enough.
  • Lord Vader is not that good so far. Looks like he needs Maul to kill anything. His damage is horrible. He’s tanky though. The RG touch up was amazing. I’ll give them that but they missed the mark with LV
  • SemiGod
    2160 posts Member
    edited September 10
    Prosser wrote: »
    So with the recent buffs to JMK, and Ai changes to GL battles, SEE is left out in the cold? JMK and CAT can walk all over SEE now, so how are they equal?

    Nevermind the fact that SEE also gets the short end of the stick being the only GL that can't be in a team with his faction to actually be viable. You know, SITH Eternal Emporer that is in a squad with at most one other sith (SeT)?

    They never said JMK when paired with CAT would be equal to other GLs ;)
  • My favourite part is that they've devalued all the old GLs into worthless in Arena. They talk about 'protecting the investment in gls' then make it so old GLs can't reliably counter the new ones.
  • captainp77 wrote: »
    Lord Vader is not that good so far. Looks like he needs Maul to kill anything. His damage is horrible. He’s tanky though. The RG touch up was amazing. I’ll give them that but they missed the mark with LV

    Just wait til Maul is there... if JMK/Cat is anything to go by... LV will be disgusting with Maul.
  • captainp77 wrote: »
    Lord Vader is not that good so far. Looks like he needs Maul to kill anything. His damage is horrible. He’s tanky though. The RG touch up was amazing. I’ll give them that but they missed the mark with LV

    How can you say they missed the mark with him until Maul is available? I hate this type of feedback, because it leads CG to make unbalanced decisions, like buffing him now, only to find he wrecks absolutely everything once Maul comes out. That's not healthy for the game.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    My favourite part is that they've devalued all the old GLs into worthless in Arena. They talk about 'protecting the investment in gls' then make it so old GLs can't reliably counter the new ones.

    It’s a meta driven game. There is no point unlocking new characters if the old ones are still the meta. Old GLs didnt lose their value in Raids, TB, TW/GAC or Conquest.
  • TVF
    30949 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    My favourite part is that they've devalued all the old GLs into worthless in Arena. They talk about 'protecting the investment in gls' then make it so old GLs can't reliably counter the new ones.

    It’s a meta driven game. There is no point unlocking new characters if the old ones are still the meta. Old GLs didnt lose their value in Raids, TB, TW/GAC or Conquest.

    This. RPS was bad, but the worst thing about it was that it encouraged people to think they had a right to the top of arena in perpetuity just because they have any GL.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They never said equal.
    They said similar power level.
  • We all know it is a meta driven game.

    Most of us realize we don't have the finances to have every meta, and keep playing because metas, while meta, were counterable.

    These changes aren't made to improve the game in any way, shape, or form. They were made to shut down counters that aren't the expensive new meta. Period. Full stop.

    Their game, their rules. Rules that will continue to be altered, at will, to stop any more counters to whatever the expensive flavor of the day might be.

    Like every other hobby that gets too expensive to enjoy, some of us will just go be poor somewhere else.
  • TVF
    30949 posts Member
    They never said equal.
    They said similar power level.

    JMK was said to be "on par"
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    1275 posts Member
    edited September 10
    Riktoven2 wrote: »

    These changes aren't made to improve the game in any way, shape, or form. They were made to shut down counters that aren't the expensive new meta. Period. Full stop.

    Why would you unlock an expensive new meta if you can use a cheap meta instead ?
    Although, Gac. There is no point relic’ing meh characters that will count in your roster as much as good characters if you don’t gain an advantage out of it.

  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Riktoven2 wrote: »

    These changes aren't made to improve the game in any way, shape, or form. They were made to shut down counters that aren't the expensive new meta. Period. Full stop.

    Why would you unlock an expensive new meta if you can use a cheap meta instead ?
    Although, Gac. There is no point relic’ing meh characters that will count in your roster as much as good characters if you don’t gain an advantage out of it.

    Why would I play a strategy game where there is no strategy outside of spending as much money as possible?

    Every tweak like this to appease a whale or shareholder is reducing g the game to tic-tac-toe, or Global Thermonuclear War, where the only winning move is not to play.
  • Riktoven2 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Riktoven2 wrote: »

    These changes aren't made to improve the game in any way, shape, or form. They were made to shut down counters that aren't the expensive new meta. Period. Full stop.

    Why would you unlock an expensive new meta if you can use a cheap meta instead ?
    Although, Gac. There is no point relic’ing meh characters that will count in your roster as much as good characters if you don’t gain an advantage out of it.

    Why would I play a strategy game where there is no strategy outside of spending as much money as possible?
    In arena, spending will help to stay on top, no argument there.
    In gac, money is useless.
Sign In or Register to comment.