Ships in events….a little too much too early for newer players…

CainCaledon
3 posts Member
edited September 2021
So normally I can clear tier 6 in the 3 day events (5 is my recommended level) but now with the ships coming in at 4 I’m completely stuck and getting my rear handed to me. For newer players like myself this really slows progression in what is already a VERY slowly progressing game. If you want to keep ships at least hold off until tier 6 or 7 so the rest of us can get some much needed ship shards.
Post edited by CainCaledon on

Replies

• With ships being the hardest and longest grind in the game, I agree they should not add ships to the later tiers.

Maybe add them to the lower tiers.
  • Here is a thought. How about more ship only events? We have so few as it is now.

Ship Assault Battles (for similar rewards as the other ABs)
    Ship Credit Heist (for ship credits)
    Ship Galactic Bounties (ship shards as rewards)
    and so on....
  • More ships stuff please.
  • It would be nice it they had added a additional challenge with ships
    Now the just made the existing challenges harder for early to mid level players.

For some reason CG just want to make the game more and more grinding an less and less fun.
    I cannot believe this is a formula for success
    I rather think this game will start to die if they don’t listen to their users.
  • If you don't like it, don't play it. With TB and conquest going on, there is enough stuff to do. I skip GC every time there is too much to do.
  • How about a once a month ship GC on Thursday. One day for the ship fans that doesn’t ruin the rewards for newer players. The reward wouldn’t even have to be great.
    3v3 FTW
  • What's the difference between having ships once a month, and when they have a faction that you don't have geared up or unlocked?

I've got over 6M gp and sometimes I get lower rewards because of the faction involved. I don't demand that they only run that faction alongside another faction that I do have.

They spread requirements around the place to force players to invest more across their rosters.

I'm glad to see somewhere to actually use ships.
  • What's the difference between having ships once a month, and when they have a faction that you don't have geared up or unlocked?

I've got over 6M gp and sometimes I get lower rewards because of the faction involved. I don't demand that they only run that faction alongside another faction that I do have.

They spread requirements around the place to force players to invest more across their rosters.

I'm glad to see somewhere to actually use ships.

Well I didn’t say anything about factions, but regardless of the faction being used I can still usually get through tier 6. My point was put the ships a bit later in the tiers so the mid to newer players like myself can get the shards we need to rank our toons up. We’d still be blocked from getting some of the higher rewards but at least we could still get the shards.
  • If you don't like it, don't play it. With TB and conquest going on, there is enough stuff to do. I skip GC every time there is too much to do.
    If you don't like it, don't play it. With TB and conquest going on, there is enough stuff to do. I skip GC every time there is too much to do.

Never said I didn’t like it or there was too much to do, but there always has to be that “one guy.” 🤦‍♂️
    If you don't like it, don't play it. With TB and conquest going on, there is enough stuff to do. I skip GC every time there is too much to do.

Never said I didn’t like it or there was too much to do, but there always has to be that “one guy.” 🤦‍♂️

“Just stop” is hardly a ringing endorsement is it? The thread title points toward you not liking it.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

When your thread is titled ‘ships in events. Just…stop’, it hints that you obviously don’t like ship events and wish that no more will be made.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »

When your thread is titled ‘ships in events. Just…stop’, it hints that you obviously don’t like ship events and wish that no more will be made.

Which I explained in my very first comment. 🤷‍♂️