Conquest 8&9

Replies

• Hey guys I am not sure If i am the first to point this out, but something just occured to me during this DSTB.
    So you know that if you kill with expose dmg you are (supposedly) not credited for the kill in conquest?

Well, as a matter of fact you probably use Geonosians quite a lot in DSTB, and there are 2 characters to grant exposes. Aaaaand every now and then it just happens that Poggle kills with expose dmg. So as it happens Separatist Motives does trigger in cases like this, and I just double checked the wording, it's only triggered on a direct kill.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Think back to prior conquest 1, like before it existed. Was things better then?

That was before the nerfs, so I'd say yes, better back then.

If the question is whether I like Conquest 8 more than nothing and CAT, RC, and Maul are Marquee/Legendary/Journey/Epic Confrontation characters. Then I am glad for Conquest, even in its current form.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    2 conquests into the changes to get more player "engagement" and here is my feedback
    The fun doesn't last for my entire time spent getting to max rewards:
    Yes there is still some fun, challenge in figuring out ways to work multiple feats at once, however they are soooooo repeative that the ratio of time with the fun/challenge to not leans further to not.

Keeping me "engaged" for the length of the event
    Your changes added 1 more day of "engagement" if you want to call entering a battle and hitting auto "engagement". I don't mind refreshing for crystals (i never did more than 3 refreshes in a day). Before i was doing the refreshes because it was fun, now I did the refreshes just to get it over and done with.
    So if the plan was for more engagement for the length of the event you have failed, if the plan was to force more refreshes to get max crate you have succeeded.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »

yes. no nerfs. no obscene reqs for a meh GL. no Executor. Life was good back then.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    RoBane1738 wrote: »

No. The first Conquest were very fun, I think players really liked this edition.

If you think that after reading the forums, seeing videos, and discord then I'd suggest you get better glasses, Kyno. I haven't seen anyone say they liked conquest. even ppl getting the max box aren't calling conquest fun and are outright saying it IS NOT fun.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »
    I lost hope for any positive change for the rest of this conquest season but I still expect maul shards as compensationS (delays, feats bugged).

They are not likely to make changes within the Conquest set. So any changes that may come will be in Con 10.

There is no discussion of compensation at this time, but maybe they are just not talking about it.

This is pretty simple. CG says no changes are coming until conquest 10 but they just made changes during this conquest. Please please please please please have someone explain the reasoning behind that (apparent) hypocrisy.

This is the root of peoples frustration - changes without communication. This could easily be put to bed with any official communication about their intentions (as mentioned like 10000 times throughout these threads). This is not hard which is what is infuriating players. The simplicity of the solution points to apathy on CG's part and apathy is not a great way to tell a community you value their feedback and want to retain them as consumers.

I agree that they should communicate better and have all changes announced.

I dont think that this is some magic bullet that will alleviate all frustration, and internal processes with communication dont necessarily mean apathy. The people making these changes are not the ones communicating.

(Side note)
    Doja has gone through great lengths to expand the communication he is able to do to help engage the community more, unfortunately this is also used as a negative against them when they take on communication but to not touch on more hot button topics. This type of action, which has to be approved by higher ups, is not a sign of apathy, I personally feel it is quite the opposite.

Kyno - you keep dodging, and rather artfully if I may say so, the fact people keep pointing out that CG *was* able to make changes between Conquest 7 and 8. Except they did it to make the grind worse. They could have opted to look at a way to swap the feats around to ever so slightly alleviate the grind, but they went in the opposite direction.

Given that the crux of a lot of your statements revolve around CG not being able to do anything until Conquest 10, would you care to share your thoughts on the C8 changes?

1 - I am not entirely sure this was a choice, vs a mistake. The ones that moved only slightly upset the balance, you can still do many feats in a normal sequence. If they were going out of their way to do this, it doesnt seem like an effective way to do that.

This is exactly why I think that Doja (or whoever it is that isn't giving him approval to say something on this matter) should be called out. Was it intentional? Was it a mistake? Who knows, I can't read minds. If they don't say anything then people are obviously going to speculate, and the longer they take to acknowledge this issue the more it seems like they're just trying to sweep it under the rug.

If it was unintentional, just own it. It's not like this is ruining some perfect track record that the QA department has had to date. I fail to see how this would be any different than any other bug that they've acknowledged. And if it was intentional, they should also just own it. But then that would expose the disingenuity of their excuses on why positive changes aren't coming to Conquest until Conquest 10, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to hear nothing from them.
    I lost hope for any positive change for the rest of this conquest season but I still expect maul shards as compensationS (delays, feats bugged).

They are not likely to make changes within the Conquest set. So any changes that may come will be in Con 10.

There is no discussion of compensation at this time, but maybe they are just not talking about it.

This is pretty simple. CG says no changes are coming until conquest 10 but they just made changes during this conquest. Please please please please please have someone explain the reasoning behind that (apparent) hypocrisy.

This is the root of peoples frustration - changes without communication. This could easily be put to bed with any official communication about their intentions (as mentioned like 10000 times throughout these threads). This is not hard which is what is infuriating players. The simplicity of the solution points to apathy on CG's part and apathy is not a great way to tell a community you value their feedback and want to retain them as consumers.

I dont think that this is some magic bullet that will alleviate all frustration, and internal processes with communication dont necessarily mean apathy. The people making these changes are not the ones communicating.

(Side note)
    Doja has gone through great lengths to expand the communication he is able to do to help engage the community more, unfortunately this is also used as a negative against them when they take on communication but to not touch on more hot button topics. This type of action, which has to be approved by higher ups, is not a sign of apathy, I personally feel it is quite the opposite.

Kyno - you keep dodging, and rather artfully if I may say so, the fact people keep pointing out that CG *was* able to make changes between Conquest 7 and 8. Except they did it to make the grind worse. They could have opted to look at a way to swap the feats around to ever so slightly alleviate the grind, but they went in the opposite direction.

Given that the crux of a lot of your statements revolve around CG not being able to do anything until Conquest 10, would you care to share your thoughts on the C8 changes?

2 - no one said they were not able to. They stated they were not planning to, as they would run them in sets of 3.

I have never said they can't, or even that they wouldnt. Just that the stated plan was to run them in sets of 3 without changes. Yes they made minor changes. I would love to dog up the math on effective cost of this change. My guess is it was not really that much in the overall battle count (and crystal cost), but I could be wrong.

I am just sharing the information that has been stated and explained to us as "the plan" for the way Conquest will run. So while we are providing feedback, and they are listening, we are not likely to see changes based on that within a set, that doesn't seem to be part of the plan at this time.

I agree they should make a statement about it. I disagree that it would matter if they said it was unintentional, as the speculation would be they are just lying. But either way I agree they should state changes always.

(Side note)

1 - I am not entirely sure this was a choice, vs a mistake. The ones that moved only slightly upset the balance, you can still do many feats in a normal sequence. If they were going out of their way to do this, it doesnt seem like an effective way to do that.

(Side note)

2 - no one said they were not able to. They stated they were not planning to, as they would run them in sets of 3.

I have never said they can't, or even that they wouldnt. Just that the stated plan was to run them in sets of 3 without changes. Yes they made minor changes. I would love to dog up the math on effective cost of this change. My guess is it was not really that much in the overall battle count (and crystal cost), but I could be wrong.

I am just sharing the information that has been stated and explained to us as "the plan" for the way Conquest will run. So while we are providing feedback, and they are listening, we are not likely to see changes based on that within a set, that doesn't seem to be part of the plan at this time.

To be perfectly honest I don't think that the feat switches are that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things considering how grindy Conquest already is. But it's the fact that they DID make those switches that I find to be unacceptable, considering what they say about making the changes that most players have been asking for. Unless it was an unintentional change (which again, who the hell can know if that's the case without hearing anything from CG), this just shows that they're able to change their plan mid-Conquest, no matter how small those changes were. If they can do this, they could've just as easily moved a few feats around to make completion even slightly easier. But they didn't, which says a lot more about them than any empty statements about how they're "listening to our feedback" ever will.

I usual try to avoid things like "x is unacceptable" when dealing with first world problems, but I agree they should not have made changes.

I have no issue with them sticking to the plan and not making changes to make it easier, because that was the stated plan. Just like new character releases, they should be too quick to react without a fair amount of data/evidence. All too often we see an initial reaction that seems to be incorrect after things play out for a bit longer. They stated a plan, and it seems reasonable to follow it.

Players will always take issue with things and I'm sure a lot of things feel empty, as the development timeline is never as fast as players would like. But they do listen and they do work on changes based on feedback.

Except the changes made to conquest were not based on feedback.

They actually didn’t stick to the plan if that plan was to not make changes. They went against it by making conquest more of a grind between S7 and S8. That’s not right and proves they can make changes to make conquest better for the players.

They have plenty of our feedback Kyno and a whole bunch of it is falling on deaf ears beyond Crumb and Doja.

If it's not intended, yes they did not stick to the plan.

Again, they stated they were not going to make changes, our feedback will be used for the next set. They were never going to make changes within the set, as they stated. Its not about the amount of our feedback. No one said they can't.

And yet it’s been 8 days since C8 launched with zero said about this. This isn’t a good look whether intentional or not. There’s 2 possible scenarios.

1.) They intentionally moved the feats around because they didn’t like us knocking out multiple feats and once. So they rearranged feats and didn’t tell anybody and now won’t own up to it.

2.) It was unintentional with the recoding of the DR deathmark feat (which still is broken) and they’re refusing to acknowledge the problem or fix it.

Either way, it’s a bad look, especially if it was intentional when the firm stance of “we won’t make changes until C10” was pushed.

Whether intentional or not, their silence and refusal to acknowledge this problem is unacceptable. (Yes I mean that word and it definitely applies here)
  • Jesse36 wrote: »
    I spent a ton of crystals on the last conquest just to see how far I could get even though I knew I was maxed at box 6. This time it’s so unfun I honestly don’t even care

I'm in the same boat. I can get the max crate. But after the tedium of doing it in 7, I have no motivation for it.
  • Kalino wrote: »
    I dont really get how people can say its hard?

I got red chest on hard mode last time and will get it this time.

Got 4 milion GP and 0 GL.

Everything is just a joke and stupid easy. The hardest feats are the once where you have to apply enouth debuffs since everything die so fast. Or do people just pick bad discs?

This time around I picked up 3x caustic emission, critical debuff, Thermal Exhaust, Ability Exhaust and weak point.

Since the discs apply 10 debuffs each turn and Ability Exhaust apply ability block every 10 debuff all enemies are permanently ability blocked. And with weak point giving 4 % offence for every debuff and the enemies having like 55 debuff each turn from the discs that gives over 200 % increased offence for every attack, Yoda is hiting for 3 milion after a few attacks.

Sure its abit grindy, but definatly not hard.

My gear11 Nest is basically soloing fights in sector 5 to get smuggler feat, when gear 11 charthers can solo relic 7 teams I dont really feel like hard is the right word for the fights.

Interesting to know.

I myself took the opposite approach and loaded up on buff cards and stacking offence to similar results.

Hopefully try out this one next time about!
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Hey guys I am not sure If i am the first to point this out, but something just occured to me during this DSTB.
    So you know that if you kill with expose dmg you are (supposedly) not credited for the kill in conquest?

Well, as a matter of fact you probably use Geonosians quite a lot in DSTB, and there are 2 characters to grant exposes. Aaaaand every now and then it just happens that Poggle kills with expose dmg. So as it happens Separatist Motives does trigger in cases like this, and I just double checked the wording, it's only triggered on a direct kill.

Kills with expose damage counted towards feats for me. I'm pretty sure it counts as kills unless they die due to dots/plague.
  • Seriously, I need a break from conquest. It isn't fun. I will get maul but the process is miserable. Not having a full break between them compounds the grind. No more crunching them together if they are going to be this grindy.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Pls
    Post edited by jonnysiniwal on
  • khelzac wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Hey guys I am not sure If i am the first to point this out, but something just occured to me during this DSTB.

Kills with expose damage counted towards feats for me. I'm pretty sure it counts as kills unless they die due to dots/plague.

That's not how they said it works, unless they changed it since the announcement. They even specifically used killing an enemy with Expose damage as an example of how it wouldn't count for kill feats

You've got to look really carefully to know if this is true. If the red/yellow/blue damage is enough to get the kill, then the white damage from the expose will not come up, and you'll get the kill counted, as it was the character attack damage that did the kill.

If the white damage number pops up, then the expose has applied damage, after the character damage, so no kill count.

If you are dealing true damage with your character, then their damage will show as white as well, making it even harder to tell. You'd have to know which number to look for, or I guess if 2 numbers show.

With the occasional graphic glitch not showing damage numbers at all, or only some, it can be very tough to distinguish if you got the kill count or not.
  • I’ve noticed sometimes that the first expose number pops up even if the damage is enough to kill.

Does anyone have a good strategy for the 700% TM removal on Sid’s boss node? I don’t think I’ll need it but it would be good to have in case I can’t get Smugglers to work.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI please help!! I have gone through several tickets with EA help and they just aren't understanding how to fix this. I have bought every maul shard from wandering scavengers and gotten max crate both conquests (with 2nd rewards still to come). I am at 125/330 maul shards and everyone else who has maxed out is at 130/330. The only explanation is that in the first conquest, maul didn't show up in one of the scavengers where he was supposed to (I double checked all the scavengers in the present one and I got all the shards). Is there any way to credit me the missing 5? Maul is my favorite character and will be devastated if I don't get the on time unlock.

Thanks...
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’ve noticed sometimes that the first expose number pops up even if the damage is enough to kill.

Does anyone have a good strategy for the 700% TM removal on Sid’s boss node? I don’t think I’ll need it but it would be good to have in case I can’t get Smugglers to work.

Grievous Droids works well.
  • Zouss57
    44 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Vador See Gideon wat Malak
  • Kalino wrote: »
    I dont really get how people can say its hard?

I got red chest on hard mode last time and will get it this time.

Got 4 milion GP and 0 GL.

Everything is just a joke and stupid easy. The hardest feats are the once where you have to apply enouth debuffs since everything die so fast. Or do people just pick bad discs?

This time around I picked up 3x caustic emission, critical debuff, Thermal Exhaust, Ability Exhaust and weak point.

Since the discs apply 10 debuffs each turn and Ability Exhaust apply ability block every 10 debuff all enemies are permanently ability blocked. And with weak point giving 4 % offence for every debuff and the enemies having like 55 debuff each turn from the discs that gives over 200 % increased offence for every attack, Yoda is hiting for 3 milion after a few attacks.

Sure its abit grindy, but definatly not hard.

My gear11 Nest is basically soloing fights in sector 5 to get smuggler feat, when gear 11 charthers can solo relic 7 teams I dont really feel like hard is the right word for the fights.

Can I ask which team to beat JMK? It is super hard for me.
  • ne_alenska wrote: »
    ]

Can I ask which team to beat JMK? It is super hard for me.

The only squad that has succeeded for me is GAS 501st. You need Defensive Formation and Opportunistic Support. Weak point and Caustic emissions can also help. There are some videos out there.
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Guys, I don't know if this was mentioned before, but why do relic materials go less when getting a better crate? Just check it out in Hard. H1 crate gives 20-20 fragmented/incomplete signals, then from H3 crate 10-15-15, then from H5 crate 10-10-10... I mean, don't even try to explain this "business policy" to me because I don't buy it :D What's the logic...?
    Post edited by Valeran on
  • Done. Screw Grindquest. :p

6dmguopznosj.png

You've got to look really carefully to know if this is true. If the red/yellow/blue damage is enough to get the kill, then the white damage from the expose will not come up, and you'll get the kill counted, as it was the character attack damage that did the kill.

If the white damage number pops up, then the expose has applied damage, after the character damage, so no kill count.

If you are dealing true damage with your character, then their damage will show as white as well, making it even harder to tell. You'd have to know which number to look for, or I guess if 2 numbers show.

With the occasional graphic glitch not showing damage numbers at all, or only some, it can be very tough to distinguish if you got the kill count or not.

Pretty sure G8 toons aren't one shotting stuff from 80%+ hp without expose damage being a factor. At least that was my experience, never had any kills not count because expose damage or whatever.
  • Suggestion to help with "engagement", whatever it means to the business people. I am in easy mode due to GP and just finished tonight with 0 refreshes. Why not let those of us with <4M GP continue on to hard mode if we can max out our crate? Even if they didn't improve the crate we get, maybe just give us progress boxes or if nothing else just the currency for winning battles. It would still be nearly impossible to unlock the characters when the top players do, but at least we could make a little more progress towards it. And it would keep us playing and spending crystals.
  • I have a wife, two young daughters and a job I’m completely used to being told what to do and exactly how to do it all the time but four weeks of this conquest is too much for me.
    I can play and still enjoy being told exactly who to relic and to what level but there needs to be some freedom in a game mode to be able to enjoy it and not just being told which characters to use where for an hour or more every single day.
  • got t4 crate on the 30th.. stopping because I just. don't. care. anymore

my "engagement" is the same as it was before the changes in Chore/Grind/Cashquest and now I am gated from achieving any Areos for the time being where I used to get T6 crate (take 4 months to get the 20 Areos but for "endgame" characters I didn't mind) but alas, you had to ruin a very good mode

LESS REWARDS for the same effort is BAD GAME DESIGN and I hate it..

Change it back, please..
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I guess i lied, I am still "engaged" in conquest
    unknown.png?width=786&height=445
    They need to add more quests to keep me engaged till the end
    khelzac wrote: »

Pretty sure G8 toons aren't one shotting stuff from 80%+ hp without expose damage being a factor. At least that was my experience, never had any kills not count because expose damage or whatever.

I take it you have messed around with any of the ramping offense disks? Like Weakpoints? I can definitely get some g8 toons rolling, as long as I can keep them alive.
  • scuba wrote: »
    I guess i lied, I am still "engaged" in conquest
    unknown.png?width=786&height=445
    They need to add more quests to keep me engaged till the end

Or just semi-auto Galactic War. That gets you 12 a day.

Well, I got my Red Crate. Mostly due to accidentally falling into a strategy that worked while trying and failing to build my old Ruthless one. Deathmark’s still bugged, Conquest is still grindy, but I’m set on getting myself a Maul.
    khelzac wrote: »

I take it you have messed around with any of the ramping offense disks? Like Weakpoints? I can definitely get some g8 toons rolling, as long as I can keep them alive.

I do. But even with weak point, G8 toons can't have that amount of damage output on first couple turns they take imo.
  • MAGMA
    27 posts Member
    ce jeu est entrain de devenir de plus en plus pourris a jouer !