Conquest 8&9

Replies

• Natgmn wrote: »
    They did just do an update with some fixes and that's good start. At least they are doing something and c8 might be a little better. I'm glad they fixed what they did today

They had 2 weeks to fix those bugs so it’s a good thing they did. They need to do a lot more though to improve the quality of the game mode though. Now let’s see if there are any fresh ones on the next roll out.
  • I think itll come just have to wait for the overall changes till 10 unfortunately
  • With these fixes today, I'll give Conquest 8 a shot. We'll see how it goes. I still think the extra slow energy refresh needs to be fixed if they're increasing the feats.
  • It’s going to be interesting to see how many unlock Maul after 3 conquests, CAT was around 3% of the player base. Since these changes were done to make conquest more “engaging” we should see a higher percentage of Maul unlocks or CG didn’t hit that goal.

Of course we know that their goal was to lower that percentage. So, unless enough of the player base leaves to make up for all of us who no longer can get max crate, they will have succeeded in reducing the %.
  • I wanna do it now, sucks we have to wait until Monday..
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Help_me wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the spin job on how "the level of player engagement was even better than we could have anticipated"...

On a serious note, if they spent so much time rebuilding the game on a new platform to make it easier for them to create and adjust content, then you'd think they'd be willing to work a little and make the next conquest less of a steaming pile

They are keeping an eye on the situation, feedback and the data to determine how things will proceed. As we have seen in the past, they do try not to be too reactionary. This is another reason why we are unlikely to see any major changes from the planned set of 3.

Cool, so burnout from such a chore incoming. This last conquest was a failure. It wasn’t fun. I dreaded getting on trying to do the feats. Way too much of a grind and time commitment. Way too repetitive.

Please place your feedback in the appropriate place. All we can do is relay this sentiment and hope Doja can work his magic.

I agree about it not being fun, and hopefully this set is just a data point they use to not go this far in later sets.... only time will tell.

Doja work his magic? Some of the worst decisions since the Sith Raid rewards fiasco have come under Doja. Please do tell of this Doja magic?
    CRancor changes for one. We no longer have to coordinate a bunch of people across timezones.

They do listen, they just don't always do what we want and they rarely do it when we want, which to be fair is usually today if not sooner.

The problem this time is the severity of the impact these changes are having and the fact that they are running 3 in quick succession which compounds the problem.

They are likely waiting until these 3 Conquests are complete before making changes so unfortunately things are going to get worse before they get better.

The Crancor changes likely wasn't Doja. It was likely the Kraken guild leaders who were complaining about the coordination but if you need to anoint that win to Doja so be it. Pretty sure he had little to do with it. So you provided 1 instance over all this time and this elicits comments such as Doja work his magic. Outstanding.

Doja was not around for the HSTR reward changes. That was the brain child of TopCash and other devs.

He and crumb also were able to make it so tusken raider was a LV req over KAM.
    Source? Not being my usual contrarian self, just wanted some verification that this is true. (And more than Tusken raider being a requirement whilst KAM isn’t)
  • Bug fixes are a start, so thanks for that. An “Aftermath of Conquest 7” Dev post would be greatly appreciated, though, as this makes it seem like this is all the changes that they want for Conquest.

Wasn’t Padme also bugged with her Stun?
  • I was really hoping that after the update Conquest 8th would be.... different. Mostly I was looking that you would not need to invest that much on it to get the red crate.

At least Relic 9 was not introduced today.
  • I was really hoping that after the update Conquest 8th would be.... different. Mostly I was looking that you would not need to invest that much on it to get the red crate.

At least Relic 9 was not introduced today.

SHHHHHHHH Don't remind them!!!!!
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    I won't hold my breath on any changes to Cash/Chore/Grindquest 8 because of the "data" the Devs need to make any changes.

*rolls eyes

When in reality, if one has eyes and can see the various Feedback threads, threads about the issues with the Feats and frankly how much of hot mess this was on JUST this Forum, (not to mention Discord, Twitch and YouTube streams and of course the wretched hive of scum and villainy of the flaming threads on Reddit) then the "Data" is there and 8 should be postponed until it can adjusted for the Rewards and the various Feats to meet the cost of working this event ("playing" this game is now work, thanks.)

fully admit I was wrong.

some Changes or some "Fixes" were made for Conquest 8..

Thank you..
  • Thanks, once again, for the Mk. IV stun guns.

They really put the less in pointless.
  • @Kyno Can we get which factions will be needed for the next conquest? More likely to gear them, if we know ahead of time.
  • CG, credit due for fixing alot of bugs in Conquest. I'd like to talk about your rewards though. my alt did not need mk 4 stun guns though. Please take them out of the boxes. d3f4fpxpn3kk.png
    z1eho4v0nm6e.png
  • I wonder how the community engaged with conquest 7. Wasnt that the reason for making the **** changes they made?

I for one was not engaged, did not engage and won't engage if it is the same as conquest 7. ;) I'll just play a few hours and that will be me maybe get crate 2 or 3 or maybe none. If it takes me forever to get Maul so be it, but not willing to spend hours and hours on a game mode that has become far from enjoyable now.

I do already have LV at r8 (and JMK / CAT also at r8), so if he needs Maul to be viable then he will warm the bench for now. At the moment he is in desperate need of a buff or something, as he does hit like a wet noodle.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the spin job on how "the level of player engagement was even better than we could have anticipated"...

On a serious note, if they spent so much time rebuilding the game on a new platform to make it easier for them to create and adjust content, then you'd think they'd be willing to work a little and make the next conquest less of a steaming pile

They are keeping an eye on the situation, feedback and the data to determine how things will proceed. As we have seen in the past, they do try not to be too reactionary. This is another reason why we are unlikely to see any major changes from the planned set of 3.

Cool, so burnout from such a chore incoming. This last conquest was a failure. It wasn’t fun. I dreaded getting on trying to do the feats. Way too much of a grind and time commitment. Way too repetitive.

Please place your feedback in the appropriate place. All we can do is relay this sentiment and hope Doja can work his magic.

I agree about it not being fun, and hopefully this set is just a data point they use to not go this far in later sets.... only time will tell.

Doja work his magic? Some of the worst decisions since the Sith Raid rewards fiasco have come under Doja. Please do tell of this Doja magic?
    CRancor changes for one. We no longer have to coordinate a bunch of people across timezones.

They do listen, they just don't always do what we want and they rarely do it when we want, which to be fair is usually today if not sooner.

The problem this time is the severity of the impact these changes are having and the fact that they are running 3 in quick succession which compounds the problem.

They are likely waiting until these 3 Conquests are complete before making changes so unfortunately things are going to get worse before they get better.

The Crancor changes likely wasn't Doja. It was likely the Kraken guild leaders who were complaining about the coordination but if you need to anoint that win to Doja so be it. Pretty sure he had little to do with it. So you provided 1 instance over all this time and this elicits comments such as Doja work his magic. Outstanding.

Doja was not around for the HSTR reward changes. That was the brain child of TopCash and other devs.

He and crumb also were able to make it so tusken raider was a LV req over KAM.
    Source? Not being my usual contrarian self, just wanted some verification that this is true. (And more than Tusken raider being a requirement whilst KAM isn’t)

On crumbs podcast after the RA, his twitch stream, someone asked and said that it was his idea for Tusken Raider instead of someone like KAM.
  • We just had the 7th(!) leaver since the new conquest mode. And thats in a top guild. Great job, really.
  • I think we are just a small, loud minority. Most of the people are happy with these changes I guess.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Natgmn wrote: »
    They did just do an update with some fixes and that's good start. At least they are doing something and c8 might be a little better. I'm glad they fixed what they did today

They had 2 weeks to fix those bugs so it’s a good thing they did. They need to do a lot more though to improve the quality of the game mode though. Now let’s see if there are any fresh ones on the next roll out.

Fix those bugs they knew from the start ?
  • How could DR be working as intended AND have a bug fixed?
    This isn't the type of action/reaction that wins favor.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Asifab wrote: »
    Kyno Is there any reason that we've not seen any real post from someone at CG about all the concerns with the way conquest currently is?

I am worried about all the people that are going to quit the game because they refuse to give some kind of statement about the current situation.

I imagine that doja or crumb would have to post the statement from who ever gets to make that kind of decision, but I think it would really go a long way to keep players around if they do in fact truly plan to take a long hard look at their latest decisions via conquest.

I imagine that saying, "we are aware of the sentiment, but have no plans to make changes at this time" would be seen as just stoking the fires. Players are going to make the choices they are going to make.

Or they could just make changes to make the player experience better instead of spewing out another round of this grindy, overly time consuming and bugged out game mode? Just an idea though. Then again, why would the devs do something the players want?

Who doesnt love free stuff.

There are some interesting conversations going on, but not about this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Under Doja? I think you dont understand the shape of or his position on the hill, and which way things roll.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Since Doja has been hired, we have gotten a lot more communication and interaction. Doja did lead the charge for changes to Crancor and is leading the charge for much needed QoL changes in the game, that we haven’t gotten since 2019. He and crumb also were able to make it so tusken raider was a LV req over KAM.

There’s plenty of anger and resentment owed to CG but it’s not fair to lay it at the feet of Doja or even Crumb. The ones calling the shots are No Show Mark and TopCash. Both of them are the final say in the decisions for the game and are grossly out of touch with the playerbase. I guarantee you if Doja was lead producer there would be far more positive changes afoot.

I get your sentiment though, but it needs to be directed at those who are truly to blame, and Doja is not one of them.

I just don't see doja doing anything and anyone paying attention could surmise his addition has had a negative impact on the game. Also I would've much preferred KAM he has been r8 since February. But you folks who want to annoint this guy some miracle worker go ahead. Those of us who understand business will see him for what he is.

Anyone thinking that is literally not paying attention.

Can you explain the business structure you see where the person promoted to the public relations position of Community Manager, is the person making high level decisions about the game, I may have missed that class in business school.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I wanna do it now, sucks we have to wait until Monday..

Future man will get to do it sooner.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    Kyno Can we get which factions will be needed for the next conquest? More likely to gear them, if we know ahead of time.

No changes to to the layout for the next 2. It will be run in sets of 3 each time they do make changes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    I think we are just a small, loud minority. Most of the people are happy with these changes I guess.

Not sure the sentiment I saw was happy, but more than expected relief that it wasnt as bad as many thought it would be.....
  • Kyno wrote: »

Isn't Conquest a global launch time? Or is it local "midnight" reset?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Isn't Conquest a global launch time? Or is it local "midnight" reset?

It is a global launch time. Thanks for ruining the joke.
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    I think we are just a small, loud minority. Most of the people are happy with these changes I guess.
    e8dfsxf5x7h9.png

The people content with this sort of gameplay are a minority. CG thought that players would hemorrhage crystals and that would necessitate more whaling. It turns out a lot of players are moving away from trying to do what CG wants in the game, and that often means CG hemorrhaging competitive players.

I'm sure some data guy will be able to put together some numbers that "show" that this conquest change is making money (the people who came up with these changes won't want to admit a mistake).

This is a pretty fair video about it following conquest 8 news:
    https://youtu.be/JgO0Hqfn_as
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno Can we get which factions will be needed for the next conquest? More likely to gear them, if we know ahead of time.

No changes to to the layout for the next 2. It will be run in sets of 3 each time they do make changes.

Some of the feats where changed after the relaunch. Can you confirm if the next two will match what we just played or if it will be like the original Conquest 7 that was taken down?