Conquest 8&9

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Wait has the stamina refresh rate always been 1% per half hour? For a total of 48% over one day? I looked back and couldn’t find anything where they said the refresh rate when conquest was launched

Yeah, 5 hours = 10% stamina refresh since inception

Ooof. That needs to change with how repetitive these feats are and the premium for energy now. This is ridiculous
    I rather think that is the reason why they added those win 14 with faction x feats.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wait has the stamina refresh rate always been 1% per half hour? For a total of 48% over one day? I looked back and couldn’t find anything where they said the refresh rate when conquest was launched

Yeah, 5 hours = 10% stamina refresh since inception

Ooof. That needs to change with how repetitive these feats are and the premium for energy now. This is ridiculous

Maybe we should consider ourselves lucky that they didn't lower the rate by 33% to match the increase of energy needed per battle. It used to take 3 hours to build up enough energy for one battle and now it takes 4 hours. So we got 6% stamina back in those 3 hours, but now we could be waiting 4 hours for a battle and get an extra 2% stamina back. That would fit in the theme of Conquest 8 - "you though Conquest 7 was a grind, we heard you and increased the grind."

Just found the one thing from this thread they will act on.
  • One way to alleviate all the repetitiveness without really getting rid of it would be move sector 1-3 kill with x or win with x to global feats. I get you want some gatekeeper feats that at least force some crystal refreshes (why I didn’t include sector 4/5) but 1-3 feats of these types are just boring, easily planned for with limited battles needed or skipped.

Replace get frenzy or similar type feats we could do double duty on with something similar but doesn’t allow us to double dip.

This would at least allow us to spread the pain around. We’d still need to run a similar amount of fights to complete them all with only a marginal at most reduction
  • I think they should move all feats to global, except the boss specific. The randomness of teams to select from can really bone you with the sector specific feats. Making them global would at least dampen that effect a bit.
    The random effect of this game mode should make it fresh and fun, not exclude you from important content by chance.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Asifab wrote: »
    Kyno Is there any reason that we've not seen any real post from someone at CG about all the concerns with the way conquest currently is?

I am worried about all the people that are going to quit the game because they refuse to give some kind of statement about the current situation.

I imagine that doja or crumb would have to post the statement from who ever gets to make that kind of decision, but I think it would really go a long way to keep players around if they do in fact truly plan to take a long hard look at their latest decisions via conquest.

I imagine that saying, "we are aware of the sentiment, but have no plans to make changes at this time" would be seen as just stoking the fires. Players are going to make the choices they are going to make.

Or they could just make changes to make the player experience better instead of spewing out another round of this grindy, overly time consuming and bugged out game mode? Just an idea though. Then again, why would the devs do something the players want?

Who doesnt love free stuff.

There are some interesting conversations going on, but not about this.

What free stuff? There was zero compensation for the shutdown due to all the bugs when Con7 was first released. The only thing given back is what players spent so it was just like a hard reset. Zero compensation for the shutdown in general.

I’m just confused in general by your comment? Are you saying that the devs refusing to make any changes until Con10 is acceptable? We should just suck lemons because of their stated cadence and do this overly grindy, un fun and insanely time consuming game mode? Also please refrain from that “want vs. need” nonsense because many players NEED to do conquest to unlock Maul to actually make LV worth their investment or for some to keep their R8 material income going.

The devs should’ve taken an extra week to tweak the feats or tweak energy refresh rate or stamina refresh rate. Plenty they could’ve made minor tweaks on to make their monetization goal a reality but also make the grind and time commitment less burdensome on the players

Most comments about not running this version are to revert to Con6 style, which was basically free if you played it that way. Yes I know you were not directly saying that, but most of the desirable changes players are talking about reduce the expenditure, which was seemingly a goal they are going for.

When did I say anything was or was not acceptable? Or anything about lemons?

Please dont try to make something a need by extending someone's choice to go for LV. I didnt open that door, so maybe you shouldn't if you dont want to discuss that further.

We both agree they could have made changes to increase the enjoyment of this mode. I am also disheartened by the fact they do not seem to want to change this set of 3. I hope they will look at future changes to this game mode.

Their have been discussions about other changes to help "offset" the changes made here, similar to what we have already seen, but only time will tell what makes the cut and what doesn't. I would use the term "QoL" but that horse has seen better days, and I am not in the know enough to start any rumors like that.

Whether they chose to go for LV is their own. Knowing whales it was their 6th GL so it was a guarantee they would spend on him. Hundreds if not over a thousand dollars to do so. So that’s how whales are hurt. Many F2P aren’t in guilds strong enough so their only R8 income was conquest. That’s how they are hurt. So yea, there’s a need when CG intentionally designs LV to need maul and when the only income for R8 mats (which R8 is apparently the norm for reqs now) is Crancor and Conquest.

Con6 was not free. Was it getting them the money they wanted? I’m sure it wasn’t. So of course Mark and TopCash forced changes to monetize it, but like usual since they have a gross disconnect with their player base, went too far. Now we have to deal with it for a couple more months. Yay.

There’s plenty they can do with an extra week off to make the experience more enjoyable but also get them their money so this billion dollar game can keep the lights on (obvious sarcasm). They’re just refusing to do it and it’s costing them players and money. Good. Maybe then they’ll finally wake up and listen to Doja and Crumb when they bring them our feedback and ideas.

You’re also right that QoL has seen better days. Back in 2019 I believe. 2 years with no QoL changes for the game is unacceptable. At this rate it’ll be 3 years if Doja’s comments are any indication. 🤷🏻‍♂️ #bringbackCarrie.

If you want to discuss that it's fine with me, no you do not need anything in game, you want it, this is a game not a necessity in any way. If you choose to get LV, and his best team includes Maul, you want him. Its plain and simple, we should just stop doing this.

I reached max crate in all but one of the first 6 (I didnt have time due to a personal issue to manage my stuff correctly and didnt want to invest) conquest without refreshing, as did many many others. That is free.

You seem to have a better gauge on the pulse of their business than I, maybe direct message them to tell them how to do it. They are not refusing to do anything, unless you wish to share a post where they said that.

Unacceptable, got it.

I don't understand this mindset that "the devs run the business and know what they're doing so they don't owe us anything." Duh. Obviously. We're their consumers. Their job is to give us incentive to keep playing, spending, and supporting their game. If people get fed up with the way a studio is running a game, they leave (which is happening right now). The question for CG is how much of their playerbase they want to burn in order to keep people spending. We'll see if the tradeoff is worth it in the long run lol
  • The more grindier they make Conquest, the more they're driving whales & krakens away from the game and quite possibly, making the F2P players richer.

The whole point of spending money on this game is to perform a time skip. Since spending on energy refreshes do not result to that, the whales & krakens end up paying OTHER PLAYERS to do Conquest for them instead.

I've had some whales in my guild that have quit despite being excited to get LV but seeing how doing Conquest is like doing a part time job where I'm expected to do pay my employers instead to do the job kills it for them.

I laugh at how this is backfiring on them so badly. Way to go on spending hours on a feature in the for people to NOT play it. This stealthy change tells me all I need to know about them so far.

Pride & accomplishments. Yeah, I think I'll lose my dignity & sanity first to be bothered to get T7 crate.

I think in CG's mind, whales will whale on crystals for refreshes, and also whale on relicing squads needed to complete the faction/related feats comfortably. In other words, CG gets to press a few buttons, tweak a few things and pretend it's for "fun", and they get the steady profit of a GL every over the run of a conquest set.

But yeah, in reality they're way off on this. You're totally right. They as usual missed out on some big-picture stuff that their analysts are having trouble taking into account (and maybe it's safer not to take it into account so you don't have to admit errors--better to pretend it's just a few people quitting and that at least the short-term profits are worth it, and if it hits a critical point and the player base craters, well, "the game had a good run, it's not anybody's fault").
  • Two more weeks of
    i0p929vn84kf.jpg
    Yay?
  • EVENT - Deathmark from Darth Revan's leader ability "Lord of the Sith" now counts towards the Sector 5 Feat "Marked for Death".

Just reached sector 5, was only able to try DR once, now out of energy but appears still not to be counting/working.

• Padriach wrote: »
    EVENT - Deathmark from Darth Revan's leader ability "Lord of the Sith" now counts towards the Sector 5 Feat "Marked for Death".

Just reached sector 5, was only able to try DR once, now out of energy but appears still not to be counting/working.

I love this so much. *Applauds in Shia LeBueuf*
  • This does not make me want to spend...

oztifpc6esm8.jpg
    EVENT - Deathmark from Darth Revan's leader ability "Lord of the Sith" now counts towards the Sector 5 Feat "Marked for Death".

wow....

unable to achieve the Feat as it has been stated with DR???

Why am I not surprised...

I just ran into this now myself. Absolutely infuriating that I can't complete this feat. This is crucial to me being even slightly able to reach the final crate, which I must get in order to unlock CAT.

Do they not test these things before even posting that they fixed it????
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please stay on topic: Conquest 8.

Yep. Doesn't work again !
  • Same thing. Love the fix isn't fixed.

Yep

8cytb55q3fzk.png
    ta3vy35aqyrz.png
  • Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    This does not make me want to spend...

oztifpc6esm8.jpg

The support III disc is amazing for a lot of squads, coupled with the Prot one makes assist squads unkillable basically
  • Only way to get them to care is don't participate and don't spend. Otherwise you're just shouting into the wind.

I will play through Conquest once, and not upgrade anything that would get me further. Not doing refreshes, not doing dumb 10/14/20 feats.

No interest in this mode anymore.
  • nottenst
    685 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Calbion wrote: »
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »

oztifpc6esm8.jpg

The support III disc is amazing for a lot of squads, coupled with the Prot one makes assist squads unkillable basically

The point there may have been that he already had both that Support III disk and the Turn Meter disc. He wants to see a variety.
  • CG why haven’t we received any communication from you regarding the community feedback on the new conquest 2.0 - operation max engagement? You’ve had plenty of time by now to run this by the big honcho to get the go ahead to at least say this is a raving success by your standard. But the complete and utter silent treatment is not cool.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    Calbion wrote: »
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »

oztifpc6esm8.jpg

The point there may have been that he already had both that Support III disk and the Turn Meter disc. He wants to see a variety.

Variety would be if 2 or 3 of those discs were the same. If you went about excluding previously collected discs you wouldn’t then be able to stack multiples as people often do with some of the discs.
  • Ok. C8 is even worse in many ways then C7. A lot of the feats cant be done simultaneously anymore. Easier feats have been moved to Sector 5 for additional frustration. They still havent fixed major bugs like DRs Deathmark. Choice of datadisks is extremely poorly.

I wonder if C7 and C8 are part of an experiment on how much the average player can endure, before he leaves the game for good.

Lets face the facts:
    The past few weeks have been a gigantic slap-in-the-face-fest for the players. We have had:

- Rework of conquest, leading to the death of a once fun mode
    - The Executor meta, which is absolutely awful, buggy and far too heavy dependent on RNG, I still hate myself for spending 200$ for this piece of junk.
    - The ridiculously high prerequisites for LV and Executor
    - The nerfs of beloved characters like DV, GAS and JKL, making them more or less obsolete in many ways
    - The threat of implementing R9 into the game soon (Piett anyone?)

On the plus side we do at least have:
    - simmable Assault Battles, a feature long overdue

My guild (360M GP), and I know were not the only ones, have suffered the loss of a great number of players during the past 3 weeks. We have had a total of 10 longtime players end their SWGoH careers.

I dont know why CG is thinking, that the aforementioned stuff is motivating or good for the game.

There were hundreds of negative comments on C7. Instead of addressing them in any way, they make C8 even worse and less fun. Is there any stronger way to tell your community, that you dont care about them in any way? Its sad to see where this once great game is currently headed.

If this game hadn’t the SW license, it’d be dead by now.
  • CG the ticket recharge for conquest still recharges tickets when conquest isn't active, I don't think you should give F2P the added benefit of starting each new conquest with a full set of tickets.
  • Dear CG,

As a player of this game and many others I appreciate the time you put into the game and some ideas may slip your minds that is one point for a forum after all, along with many other things. I come to you today for a idea to improve not only conquest but the massive RNG factor within it that a lot of the time frustrates and annoys players, and that is simply allow data disk to be upgraded towards the end of conquest most players are sat there with 20+ disk not doing anything a lot of them the same disk and rarity. Allow players who get unlucky with there disk to be able to combine lets say two greys that are the same to become a green and then two greens that are the same to become a blue. And finally for purples have a list of blue required to make the purple for example if you want the purple that interacts with health values of enemy's you need to combine all the blues that do the same to get it. To me this tweak to the system would make the game mode funnier, more balanced for those that are unlucky and would go in my opinion go a long way in game development and progress. I'm sure some people will not like this idea and they will say deal with it or that I am raging that I cant do conquest I am not I completed conquest 7 with max crate and I shall be getting max crate this conquest also. To those that like this idea please share and talk about it to get the attention of the developers so they can at least acknowledge and maybe put it in the game for conquest 10 when they do there next phase.
  • Dear CG,

As a player of this game and many others I appreciate the time you put into the game and some ideas may slip your minds that is one point for a forum after all, along with many other things. I come to you today for a idea to improve not only conquest but the massive RNG factor within it that a lot of the time frustrates and annoys players, and that is simply allow data disk to be upgraded towards the end of conquest most players are sat there with 20+ disk not doing anything a lot of them the same disk and rarity. Allow players who get unlucky with there disk to be able to combine lets say two greys that are the same to become a green and then two greens that are the same to become a blue. And finally for purples have a list of blue required to make the purple for example if you want the purple that interacts with health values of enemy's you need to combine all the blues that do the same to get it. To me this tweak to the system would make the game mode funnier, more balanced for those that are unlucky and would go in my opinion go a long way in game development and progress. I'm sure some people will not like this idea and they will say deal with it or that I am raging that I cant do conquest I am not I completed conquest 7 with max crate and I shall be getting max crate this conquest also. To those that like this idea please share and talk about it to get the attention of the developers so they can at least acknowledge and maybe put it in the game for conquest 10 when they do there next phase.

I think this "Crafting" mechanic is interesting and could be expanded further. You could also craft consumables from unused gear pieces or data disks.
  • nottenst
    685 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    One bit of good news, while players have found that DR Death mark still doesn't count for feats in Sector 5, at least SLKR stunning does count in Sector 3.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Are the devs aware/going to do anything about DR’s deathmark still not working toward the sector 5 feat?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Are the devs aware/going to do anything about DR’s deathmark still not working toward the sector 5 feat?

Did you report or add to a report of this issues at Answers HQ?