Is the Proving Grounds modifier working correctly?

At the start of battle in the current Kamino: Clone Trooper Galactic Challenge, my units all have greatly reduced health and protection, but the enemy units seem to be at full strength. No matter what I do with my first turn, they usually one-shot several of my characters as soon as they go. Even with my squad weakened by 80%, that should not be possible with them at 20% offense.

Replies

• They are reduced, but reducing from a 'roided up +500% starting stat makes them look like normal.

This has been the same for every GC with Proving Grounds.
  • Watching carefully at the very beginning of the battle, I can see that the enemies' health and protection bars seem relatively normal, and then the are all suddenly increased dramatically before the battle begins. I don't see any mechanism for that to happen. You can see it clearly on tier 2 - their stats nearly double. It almost seems as if the Proving Ground modifier is working in reverse for them.
  • The mechanism is probably Hunter’s lead giving them 35% more HP and Protection plus Wrecker giving himself 80% more of each. Either way, proving grounds is never as big of a hinderance to the enemy squad as it is to ours thanks to the crazy bonuses enemies get in general.
  • I think it does the proving grounds reduction, but then the Leader bonuses are based on their normal stats, not the reduced stats.

So a stat of 1000 gets reduced to 200. But hunter lead gives 350 on top of the 200, so they are starting out way ahead of your team.
  • If you take beskar mando as your scoundrel leader, you'll start on very similar looking stats.