I dont think they play their own game as a gamer

Harakein
64 posts Member
edited September 2021
When looking at the last development steps, I think, that the devs do not play their own game as a player.

They lost the needed point of view, a game is made for having fun and this 'main feature' was steamrolled by the last so called updates and improvements. A dev has his development kit (or whatever) and for tests an unlimited amount auf crystals or other methods to play whatever he want, no grind needed, no real play needed. So there might be the illusion, that the updates would be great and it would be no problem to nerf some toons or buff others. A dev never played/grinded for months to get a GL (or whatever). The actual conquest shows this problem also.

Playing their own game would really improve the development, just my 2 cents.

BTW: I don't expect any dev reading this, sadlywise.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    47y87yctp2np.png
  • Options
    But also this assumes that developers get to make whatever game they want, but developers probably don't run the company or decide what the priorities of development are (hint: not just "fun")
  • Options
    Or, they spend their time isolated in little teams developing one aspect of the game and have no cross-over or bigger picture. My part or 'cog' of SWGOH works - why should I care about the next teams cog? Ultimately, we all know CG is a business and needs to make money but you have to have a product someone wants, to earn that money. It doesn't seem like they want players to play and have fun anymore - instead we get all the nerfs, insane challenges and quests - they really (as you have said) should play the game like we do. Your 2cents worth is very worthwhile because you signed up to their terms and conditions of use - why shouldn't you or have have a say. Ultimately - we can decide not to pay and accept the grinds or pay and thus accept that the 'petulant child gets what it wants by sulking' or leave. The choice is always ours.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, a game is also designed for moneymaking, no problem at that point.

But, if a game looses it's fun because of development decisions, a good devs should see this and also should 'protect' the idea of having fun with a game.