Is something going to be done about Executor?

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

The cleanse bug is back. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

You only cleanse if you apply Breach.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

I did. I used a special ability on the enemy with razor crest. It inflicted breach because RC’s unique makes it so that it can’t be resisted regardless. The debuffs on my RC didn’t dispell
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

I did. I used a special ability on the enemy with razor crest. It inflicted breach because RC’s unique makes it so that it can’t be resisted regardless. The debuffs on my RC didn’t dispell

RC's Breach is resistable. I assume you targeted their RC, and you can see that it does not have Breach. If you targeted their HT, it already had Breach so could go either way.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

Can you give some background to those pics?

Who did your Bando target, what move did they use etc?

The 4m38s time stamp shows only enemy HT with breach, which is still the only enemy ship with breach in the 4m32s time stamp.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

The 4m38s time stamp shows only enemy HT with breach, which is still the only enemy ship with breach in the 4m32s time stamp.

Doesn't really matter. They all have Ten Up still, which means they resisted the Breach, which means no cleanse.
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

Doesn't really matter. They all have Ten Up still, which means they resisted the Breach, which means no cleanse.
    Yeah, between me starting to type my reply and actually posting it, you and Ravens had verified it was a kit misunderstanding rather than a bug.
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

“Whenever another bounty Hunter ally uses breach…unresistable”

So then one of two things is wrong. Either RC is dispelling it’s own buffs when it shouldn’t, or it’s not dispelling for offense. Something isn’t working right
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

So then one of two things is wrong. Either RC is dispelling it’s own buffs when it shouldn’t, or it’s not dispelling for offense. Something isn’t working right

Keyword is "another." That excludes himself. His special applies breach, not his unique. That's why his is resistable.
    64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

jm1i73oblmea.jpeg
    ud4vo1nabpx5.jpeg

There’s only one thing wrong, and that’s your kit knowledge.

Dispelling debuffs is part of Executor’s kit, so if RC applies breach it will dispel. But your’s didn’t apply breach, so it didn’t dispel.

RC’s kit shows that when an ally uses a special the breach is irresistible.
  • Can we have a look at the taunt being applied when healing a ship with the executor? I can think of no reason why you’d ever want to apply taunt when you’re healing someone. It’s the direct opposite of the goal you are trying to achieve by healing?

That’s like making an umbrella with toilet paper.
  • Can we have a look at the taunt being applied when healing a ship with the executor? I can think of no reason why you’d ever want to apply taunt when you’re healing someone. It’s the direct opposite of the goal you are trying to achieve by healing?

That’s like making an umbrella with toilet paper.

This has been brought up multiple times, and is certainly a 'paper zombie' issue where players who maxed the skill at the release/unlock/star up are being punished for maxing a unit, vs those who kept it at lvl 5 where you could just heal/cleanse your damaged RC vs dooming it to be swarmed by giving it taunt (certainly not worth the additional healing and foresight for the massive cost of forcing your squishy attacker to taunt).

@Kyno has stated that the devs are 'collecting data' on this, which I think is a polite way of saying it will be ignored and never fixed, because fixing a paper zombie issue for which they've already made their sales (those who have 7* Exec payed or used hoarded crystals for it), and this issue is costing players additional fleet arena refreshes "engagement" and crystals, again benefiting CG's bottom line. The data would say that patching this paper zombie issue would not sell additional crystals and would instead save players crystals for their skill determining the outcome in premiere fleet arena, rather than a coin flip.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I can only say what I know, they have been discussing this situation and are evaluating it and the options they have.
  • Any more signs of the bug @Ravens1113 ?
  • i feel like the answer to OP's question is a big fat no.
  • Any more signs of the bug @Ravens1113 ?

Same thing I’ve been dealing with 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Any more signs of the bug @Ravens1113 ?

Same thing I’ve been dealing with 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Just wondered - you’d gone quiet after it was explained.
  • I’m so glad you’re concerned about my experience in the game. You’re so kind
    I’m so glad you’re concerned about my experience in the game. You’re so kind
    That’s what the forums are all about - helping.

Maybe you could go back and delete your tags for Crumb and Doja though, since you were mistaken?

Maybe you could go back and delete your tags for Crumb and Doja though, since you were mistaken?

Sure, I’ll do that when you admit you were wrong about when R9 was gonna be released :)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I can only say what I know, they have been discussing this situation and are evaluating it and the options they have.

This might sound daft, but couldn't they just add an additional line to the coding for this ability?

If role=='tank'
    {
    Add buff 'Taunt'
    }
    Else

Or at least something similar based on how they are coding.

Sure, I’ll do that when you admit you were wrong about when R9 was gonna be released :)

What does that have to do with you wrongfully tagging everyone and their mother at CG? You came with a problem, it was explained to you in a clear and non confrontational way why you were incorrect about your bug post. So now instead of thanking the folks that took time to explain this to you, you act in an immature way and try to deflect.

This is definitely the weirdest nonsense Ive seen in awhile, youd fit right in my ES classes Mr. Ravens.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

This might sound daft, but couldn't they just add an additional line to the coding for this ability?

If role=='tank'
    {
    Add buff 'Taunt'
    }
    Else

Or at least something similar based on how they are coding.

Yes they have discussed this situation and are evaluating it and other options they have.
  • Anyone notice a change in fleet arena fights? I, as well as others in my arena shard, have noticed it is much more difficult to climb the past two days.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Anyone notice a change in fleet arena fights? I, as well as others in my arena shard, have noticed it is much more difficult to climb the past two days.

Personally I have had an easier climb for a little while. No changes to my teams, but I feel like I have been on the good side of RNG.

2 crazy fights - 1, winning after losing my capital ship.
    2 - winning before ultimate

Both in the same day last week.
  • A huge thing they could do (as you know, being game developers) would be to add a visible counter system to parts of the game like Executor battles. Half the time you don't know how close you are to a target lock payout or breach payout for Death Star. When these debuffs get applied, I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard for me to tell what happened a lot of the time. You are hitting ships that likely may already be TL'ed or breached a lot of the time and it's hard to know if you reapplied or got resisted. People would have a MUCH easier time winning these battles if there was a simple counter. It's critical to know where your counts are at in these battles.

A counter like this could also be something reused for other areas of the game like GC, Conquest etc. Would be cool if it was customizable where the player could select what they want counted too. I'm sure this could help devs and testers... assuming no bugs in the counter lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    A huge thing they could do (as you know, being game developers) would be to add a visible counter system to parts of the game like Executor battles. Half the time you don't know how close you are to a target lock payout or breach payout for Death Star. When these debuffs get applied, I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard for me to tell what happened a lot of the time. You are hitting ships that likely may already be TL'ed or breached a lot of the time and it's hard to know if you reapplied or got resisted. People would have a MUCH easier time winning these battles if there was a simple counter. It's critical to know where your counts are at in these battles.

A counter like this could also be something reused for other areas of the game like GC, Conquest etc. Would be cool if it was customizable where the player could select what they want counted too. I'm sure this could help devs and testers... assuming no bugs in the counter lol.

In cases like this, does it really matter? Are you avoiding a skill that would breach or have any real control over changing the count because you know it?

Not that I think we shouldn't have one, but in the game you really have to think, if you can do X more times, you probably should, and if you cant knowing doesnt change that. There are few scenarios where you have enough control to make a choice based on that information, that you couldnt make blind.

But we should still have one.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    A huge thing they could do (as you know, being game developers) would be to add a visible counter system to parts of the game like Executor battles. Half the time you don't know how close you are to a target lock payout or breach payout for Death Star. When these debuffs get applied, I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard for me to tell what happened a lot of the time. You are hitting ships that likely may already be TL'ed or breached a lot of the time and it's hard to know if you reapplied or got resisted. People would have a MUCH easier time winning these battles if there was a simple counter. It's critical to know where your counts are at in these battles.

In cases like this, does it really matter? Are you avoiding a skill that would breach or have any real control over changing the count because you know it?

Not that I think we shouldn't have one, but in the game you really have to think, if you can do X more times, you probably should, and if you cant knowing doesnt change that. There are few scenarios where you have enough control to make a choice based on that information, that you couldnt make blind.

Absolutely. Those counts (both enemies and yours) are of huge importance from start to finish not only for the TL and breach payout but for RC's speed boost skill that gets triggered. These battles can go many different ways and knowing the count would 100% help you make a better decision on attack. Knowing absolutely could inform a decision.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Absolutely. Those counts (both enemies and yours) are of huge importance from start to finish not only for the TL and breach payout but for RC's speed boost skill that gets triggered. These battles can go many different ways and knowing the count would 100% help you make a better decision on attack. Knowing absolutely could inform a decision.

In arena, nope, not at all. You cant change things in that game mode.

The only thing the information presents in that scenario is, you can tell if you are going to lose earlier, than you can now.

It is important, you absolutely need to maximize your breach. Doing anything else doesnt help, but you can do that just as much blind as you can with the information, and seeing the number doesnt effect the RNG of it landing or that second hit from XB.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    The answer to this thread is yes.
    They are going to add more bugs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    The answer to this thread is yes.
    They are going to add more bugs

Geo bounty hunters confirmed!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.