Is something going to be done about Executor?

12345679Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    The answer to this thread is yes.
    They are going to add more bugs

Geo bounty hunters confirmed!!!!!

4-LOM and Zuckuss confirmed!!!!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    The answer to this thread is yes.
    They are going to add more bugs

Geo bounty hunters confirmed!!!!!

4-LOM and Zuckuss confirmed!!!!

5rqofy.jpg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    A huge thing they could do (as you know, being game developers) would be to add a visible counter system to parts of the game like Executor battles. Half the time you don't know how close you are to a target lock payout or breach payout for Death Star. When these debuffs get applied, I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard for me to tell what happened a lot of the time. You are hitting ships that likely may already be TL'ed or breached a lot of the time and it's hard to know if you reapplied or got resisted. People would have a MUCH easier time winning these battles if there was a simple counter. It's critical to know where your counts are at in these battles.

A counter like this could also be something reused for other areas of the game like GC, Conquest etc. Would be cool if it was customizable where the player could select what they want counted too. I'm sure this could help devs and testers... assuming no bugs in the counter lol.

In cases like this, does it really matter? Are you avoiding a skill that would breach or have any real control over changing the count because you know it?

Not that I think we shouldn't have one, but in the game you really have to think, if you can do X more times, you probably should, and if you cant knowing doesnt change that. There are few scenarios where you have enough control to make a choice based on that information, that you couldnt make blind.

But we should still have one.

Absolutely. Those counts (both enemies and yours) are of huge importance from start to finish not only for the TL and breach payout but for RC's speed boost skill that gets triggered. These battles can go many different ways and knowing the count would 100% help you make a better decision on attack. Knowing absolutely could inform a decision.

In arena, nope, not at all. You cant change things in that game mode.

The only thing the information presents in that scenario is, you can tell if you are going to lose earlier, than you can now.

It is important, you absolutely need to maximize your breach. Doing anything else doesnt help, but you can do that just as much blind as you can with the information, and seeing the number doesnt effect the RNG of it landing or that second hit from XB.

This is simply not true and things can vary obviously depending on gear/relic level of pilots. There are so many situations where knowing the count would help. If you've got 5 breaches landed (and know it) in the 1st round and Xanadu Blood is last man up, what do you do? Take the guaranteed breach for RC speed payout by using his special assist or go for his basic and a chance to land 1 or 2 breaches... or land no breaches. If you take the guaranteed breach, RC's speed boost payout is engaged and a ship can take another turn before the enemy cap ships take their 2nd turn. This could mean a mark on the enemy RC and it's game over. What if you were at 4 breaches instead of 5 and your RC is about to get slapped?

There are also situations people can be in where a TL payout can turn the entire course of the battle... maybe you are getting owned and your TL payout hits and suddenly the resulting breaches on the board put you into a coin flip on the Death Star.

These situations might not happen all the time but the extra wins due to a little bit of information provided by the developer would make this meta more palatable. With this meta, making as much use of every battle in arena is critical instead of forfeiting after the "bad start" which I can tell you a lot of my shard mates do. It's only going to get worse as more people get this ship maxed.

• HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    One of the biggest problems with what's going on revolves around Xanadu Blood. I spent a couple weeks tracking my battles and his double tap wasnt triggered anywhere near 65% of the time. When you get worked to start off the battle this is a big reason why.

It's not the largest of sample sizes but I would encourage everyone to track this. My shardmates all complain about their XB not double tapping and the enemy getting double taps at a wide disparity. Getting the mark off the Exec AoE on the enemy RC is another source of frustration.
  • UNIT - Updated Executor's Special ability, "We Only Need to Keep Them From Escaping," so it will now grant “Taunt” only to Bounty Hunter Tanks upon reaching the appropriate upgrade tier.

Something was done about the Executor!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2021
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    UNIT - Updated Executor's Special ability, "We Only Need to Keep Them From Escaping," so it will now grant “Taunt” only to Bounty Hunter Tanks upon reaching the appropriate upgrade tier.

Something was done about the Executor!

I will now close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.