Gear boxes in Conquest crates

Prev1
CaesarAM
250 posts Member
edited September 2021
Is there an explanation for why crate 5 has more gear boxes in it that crate 7? I assume there’s a good reason since I haven’t really seen this brought up as a complaint. But very curious as to the reason.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Because you're earning more character shards in the latter boxes, which are the true "prize" in Conquest.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Because you're earning more character shards in the latter boxes, which are the true "prize" in Conquest.

If that’s seriously the answer, then this might be single dumbest thing out of all the dumb things about conquest.
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Because you're earning more character shards in the latter boxes, which are the true "prize" in Conquest.

If that’s seriously the answer, then this might be single dumbest thing out of all the dumb things about conquest.

It's close, but actually it's because the higher tier boxes give more relic and mod materials. For some reason, CG thinks that if you can get the max crate you don't need gear anymore.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    CaesarAM wrote: »

It's close, but actually it's because the higher tier boxes give more relic and mod materials. For some reason, CG thinks that if you can get the max crate you don't need gear anymore.

Still ridiculous. Why would we be made to choose between the types of rewards we want? There’s zero sense to why higher boxes wouldn’t just accumulate more stuff over lower boxes. Not trade stuff out. Why create scenarios where it might be rational for people to aim for lower rewards?
    StarSon wrote: »

Still ridiculous. Why would we be made to choose between the types of rewards we want? There’s zero sense to why higher boxes wouldn’t just accumulate more stuff over lower boxes. Not trade stuff out. Why create scenarios where it might be rational for people to aim for lower rewards?

Because CG hates us.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Because CG cant let you have additional 30 gear pieces each month. Now go buy them

For me this is the biggest offender - you get better box but in doing so you sacrifice some rewards for progress (eg G9-G12 path). Is it really a lot to have 3 more boxes? I guess they think we would never spend money if we got those additional injectors
  • papaofmom wrote: »
    Because CG cant let you have additional 30 gear pieces each month. Now go buy them

For me this is the biggest offender - you get better box but in doing so you sacrifice some rewards for progress (eg G9-G12 path). Is it really a lot to have 3 more boxes? I guess they think we would never spend money if we got those additional injectors

The worst part to me is they give us more of the r8 piece, probably part of the justification for lowering gear rewards, but I have ample amount of that piece and it’s useless without…..the g12 pieces I need to salvage!
  • At the end of the day, CG doesn't want to help solve the gear crunch issue. So they figure if your able to get either of the last 2 crates then your roster doesn't need help gear wise unless you pay for it.

I thought it was one of the dumbest things from the very start of conquest, however you've got to pick and choose your battles with CG.....granted it's not like the community ever wins a battle with them anyhow.

Every single decision they make about the game the number one concern for them is, how will it effect the bottom line. Will it make us more money this way or less.

Obviously if the answer is less they decide against it.
  • Their thinking for rewards in conquest and all other game modes is very backwards. They’re incredibly stingy with their rewards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Because they are trying to avoid a runaway scenario where people getting the higher boxes can not only relic faster but also get toons to relic faster.

Yes trading out stuff actually makes sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Because CG hates us.

Last I checked they loved you, but I didnt ask about other names specifically.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Because they are trying to avoid a runaway scenario where people getting the higher boxes can not only relic faster but also get toons to relic faster.

Respectfully disagree. It’s similar to when people were running lower tiers of challenges because the blue gear there was more useful than the purple gear at the max level. Then they changed it to make all the rewards cumulative. So there is a precedent for this, and it was answered in a way that is different than what they are doing now.
    Kyno wrote: »

Respectfully disagree. It’s similar to when people were running lower tiers of challenges because the blue gear there was more useful than the purple gear at the max level. Then they changed it to make all the rewards cumulative. So there is a precedent for this, and it was answered in a way that is different than what they are doing now.

I still run t3 of the contraband cargo event because the rewards are better than t4.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I still run t3 of the contraband cargo event because the rewards are better than t4.

Same.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You do recognize that this is different than that, correct?

Or do you see people aiming for lower reward boxes in Conquest?

Yes I recognize it’s not exactly the same. Challenges don’t include shards or relic mats and are a much smaller and less complicated reward set.

But you do recognize they have set up a system…as they have in the past…where I can be rational to NOT aim for max rewards? And as a previous poster noted, there is another event, Contraband Cargo, where that is precisely what many do, aim for rewards that aren’t the highest tier. In Challenges, they recognized the problem with this and changed it. While this is a far more complex reward set, I think the basic philosophy is at work in both cases.

Furthermore, if they want to press people to engage fully for the full event, as they have stated as a goal, why in the world do anything at all to incentivize anyone to stop before the max reward? That’s completely inconsistent. I don’t know if anyone is doing that or would, but I do know plenty of people are perfectly content to just reach box 4 or 5 and leave it at that. Can’t speak to all the reasons for doing so, but I did give it consideration.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021

Yes I recognize it’s not exactly the same. Challenges don’t include shards or relic mats and are a much smaller and less complicated reward set.

But you do recognize they have set up a system…as they have in the past…where I can be rational to NOT aim for max rewards? And as a previous poster noted, there is another event, Contraband Cargo, where that is precisely what many do, aim for rewards that aren’t the highest tier. In Challenges, they recognized the problem with this and changed it. While this is a far more complex reward set, I think the basic philosophy is at work in both cases.

Furthermore, if they want to press people to engage fully for the full event, as they have stated as a goal, why in the world do anything at all to incentivize anyone to stop before the max reward? That’s completely inconsistent. I don’t know if anyone is doing that or would, but I do know plenty of people are perfectly content to just reach box 4 or 5 and leave it at that. Can’t speak to all the reasons for doing so, but I did give it consideration.

No they have not, because in the current system the goal of the higher boxes is to reward exclusive things and characters that have a very different impact on a players roster.

But that is not the case here, in fact I have not heard a single player say that the lower boxes are in any way worth more or should be targeted for any reason, even the people who dislike the difference in rewards. That should tell us something about this setup.

Have you seen anyone target lower than the max crate they can get for this reason? (Not liking the current Conquest format doesn't count)
    But that is not the case here, in fact I have not heard a single player say that the lower boxes are in any way worth more or should be targeted for any reason, even the people who dislike the difference in rewards.

This is demonstrably false. There have been pages and pages of people saying that the lower boxes are worth more and should be targeted for the gear. And I know you've seen them because you were in those threads.

No they have not, because in the current system the goal of the higher boxes is to reward exclusive things and characters that have a very different impact on a players roster.

But that is not the case here, in fact I have not heard a single player say that the lower boxes are in any way worth more or should be targeted for any reason, even the people who dislike the difference in rewards. That should tell us something about this setup.

Have you seen anyone target lower than the max crate they can get for this reason? (Not liking the current Conquest format doesn't count)

Nice try but what you said is just laughably false. It took me about 20 seconds to find this thread from March where people were saying that lower reward boxes are better and that they were thus targeting the lower boxes. Lo and behold, who was right there arguing with them? You!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/242534/difference-between-conquest-max-crate-and-t6/p1

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    But that is not the case here, in fact I have not heard a single player say that the lower boxes are in any way worth more or should be targeted for any reason, even the people who dislike the difference in rewards.

This is demonstrably false. There have been pages and pages of people saying that the lower boxes are worth more and should be targeted for the gear. And I know you've seen them because you were in those threads.

I actually didn't see them.

So are you going for a lower tier box because it will pay out better?

How are they measured as better? Is it because those players will not have DV?

I will go back and look and see the breakdown of this information, because I have not seen any actual breakdown of value leading to that conclusion. Maybe it's like the GAC attacking first argument that is based on feelings and not actual data or information.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Nice try but what you said is just laughably false. It took me about 20 seconds to find this thread from March where people were saying that lower reward boxes are better and that they were thus targeting the lower boxes. Lo and behold, who was right there arguing with them? You!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/242534/difference-between-conquest-max-crate-and-t6/p1

Yes there is a debate, but please show any actual evidence it is better to get a lower crate. As always people can and will choose things based on feelings and what they want, but thay doesnt mean it is in any way better to get yhe lower crate.

Yes there is a debate, but please show any actual evidence it is better to get a lower crate. As always people can and will choose things based on feelings and what they want, but thay doesnt mean it is in any way better to get yhe lower crate.

Ah, good ole Kyno. Proven wrong with actual evidence so he has to change the parameters.

Now you're moving the goalposts. You claimed that you hadn't seen ANYONE say that the lower boxes are worth more, and so that tells us something about this current setup. Turns out that was completely and utterly untrue, because you not only had seen it, you had even replied to and argued with people who said it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021

Ah, good ole Kyno. Proven wrong with actual evidence so he has to change the parameters.

Where am I changing anything?

Because I asked for actual evidence that the box rewards more/better? Isnt that proof, and should be easily provided since I have been proven wrong?

Because I asked for actual evidence that the box rewards more/better? Isnt that proof, and should be easily provided since I have been proven wrong?

You did NOT ask for evidence.

You asked where anyone said the lower boxes were worth more. You were shown where plenty of players said they were, and that they would target the lower boxes for the better gear rewards.

If you wanted evidence that someone claimed the lower boxes were worth more crystals, you could have asked that instead. But whether someone said that or not is irrelevant, because it's easily disproved when you convert the individual rewards to crystal value.

in fact I have not heard a single player say that the lower boxes are in any way worth more or should be targeted for any reason, even the people who dislike the difference in rewards

Yes there is a debate

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Well, this is interesting. Seems like Kyno has been caught changing the parameters of the discussion.

But anyways, I came to say that it definitely doesn’t seem right that lower boxes should be worth more, especially since CG has said that lower investment should not equal doing better than those who invested more.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Well, this is interesting. Seems like Kyno has been caught changing the parameters of the discussion.

But anyways, I came to say that it definitely doesn’t seem right that lower boxes should be worth more, especially since CG has said that lower investment should not equal doing better than those who invested more.

To be fair, he always does this.

Also to be fair, they aren't *actually* worth more. If you break the rewards down to crystal values, the max crate offers move "worth." The problem is, taking away rewards as you progress is dumb, and no one likes it. There's really no reason not to just give 30 mk4 carbs instead of 15.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

To be fair, he always does this.

Also to be fair, they aren't *actually* worth more. If you break the rewards down to crystal values, the max crate offers move "worth." The problem is, taking away rewards as you progress is dumb, and no one likes it. There's really no reason not to just give 30 mk4 carbs instead of 15.

I agree with both of your points. It would be nice if you could get the rewards from the previous crates as well (like they do with GCs).
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Why my rewards are calculated wrongly, as I've completed all my stages on easy tire, with around 600+ key cards, but I received my rewards saying I earned only 363 key cards, with 20 Mail & 10 Ashoka shards. I've managed to obtained all the crates for easy tire except the red one. Should the rewards being calculated base on all the crates you've obtained?