Enough with the pop-ups! [MERGE]

CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited September 2021
For crying out loud, 7 annoying in game ads in a row! I get it, you want me to spend money so you can keep nerfing toons, but blasting me with terrible packs every single time I open the game is not the way to convince me.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As an FYI, this point has been raised to the team. I dont expect the first time pop up for each pack to go away, but they do seem to repeat way more in one day than they should.

Not sure what will come of this.
  • Axxel
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Hi there,

its ok .. i take personalized advert... but not for every package twice or tripple a day ...

some days i klick around 10+ adverts away .. thats a way too much ! ... and if i use my other handy too thats double again ...

plz do it less !!!

thx

• Jedi_Rework
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    CG really.... what is up with the pop-ups? Everytime I go to the main screen I get multiple pop-ups to buy a pack. Hey, if I want to buy a pack I will. I have even gone to the legal tab in settings and turned off the ELA pop-up thing. Please stop commercializing the in-game experience. I mean don't get us started on your "microtransactions"
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • "Spare some change..?"
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • 100% agree with this. Generally once I finish fleet arena I don't even log in again during the evening for my free energy as I don't want to have to navigate through 3-5 pop ups for 4 sims and 0-1 desirable gear. This is not encouraging engagement.

Once pop up per pack (ever) is enough, we don't need them every time we log into the game, especially if we've already declined them a half dozen or more times.
  • Am I allowed to have a whinge about the annoying popups during gameplay or does that fall under anti game freedom of speech laws? If I’m allowed then YEAH very annoying.
  • People are angry because of CG's disrespectful behaviour. Since communication doesn't work, a lot of people stopped giving them money. Instead of saying sorry and offering a make good, they just increased the number of ads. This is not the way. If we don't want to spent money, making us even more angry with these plethora of ads won't let us change our mind.

By the way, personalized advertisment ist activated, so why am I confronted with the Razor crest bundle a bunch of times each day? The ship is at 7 stars for over a month in my roster.
  • Can the SWGO-Popups please stop trying to get me to buy stuff that is already 7*? At least code to target those that might actually need the shards. This is just annoying.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    I’ve gotten pop ups wanting me to buy the HDB, despite myself already being at level 85. I’d rather see the dozen Executor bundles rather than ones offering me shards I already have.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • UltimaChaser
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Please turn off the pop ups for the packs… or give me an option to turn it off…. every time i change a screen a new pack pops up. It’s deterring me from wanting to open the game.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I’m fine with a pop-up telling me when a new pack is available—what annoys me to no end is seeing the same Razor Crest deal pop-up every day!

I have it at 7*! I won’t buy the pack!

Maybe add some logic that checks if the character(s) in the packs are 7* or not. I’m not against paying for deals, but no way am I going to spend $10 to get Shard Shop currency 🙃
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The game does seem to have more popups than a shady website lately. And definitely don't login on a different device -- it'll start all over again. A bit of moderation would be nice here.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Yes please please please stop with this madness!! It has gotten out of hands, we get like 10 pop ups a day now, what the hell???
    People in my guild are all complaining, this is making them want to stop the game altogether.
    Please reduce the amount of ads!!!!
  • What cg doesn’t seem to realize is that the more they even TRY to push me into spending money I don’t have by throwing these pop ups in my face relentlessly, the more angry I get and less and less likely I’ll EVER spend money on the game at all. Their psychology will only backfire on them.