R9 (speculation)

2Next

Replies

• I thought they said on some podcast they wouldn’t do any raids since it was too costly
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sha1218 wrote: »
    We need more immediate ways to obtain signal data with all the relic requirements now. The game has outgrown the current availability provided by cantina alone (or the occasional assault battle and conquest).

I’d even appreciate CG putting more signal data packs in the store and not just in the weekly ones.

Putting them in packs is not an acceptable solution. They need to address the gear/relic economy and come off their “natural solutions” stance they’re taking because naturally, the needs have far outgrown that sort of pace. Direct action is needed, weeks ago

100% correct..
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    1. Probably before the end of the year

2. New stuff obtainable through a new raid, and droid’s brain obtainable through scav jawa using the golden stun/datapad/medpack

But who knows

The chance of a new raid coming is the same as the Mace Windu rework; unlikely, despite the community asking for it.

I don’t see so unlikely a new challenge AAT raid or a new level of challenge rancor raid.

Making an existing raid harder isn’t a new raid. I mean an actual new raid, which CG will probably never do.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • A new raid with R9 pieces would be best.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sha1218 wrote: »
    We need more immediate ways to obtain signal data with all the relic requirements now. The game has outgrown the current availability provided by cantina alone (or the occasional assault battle and conquest).

I’d even appreciate CG putting more signal data packs in the store and not just in the weekly ones.

Putting them in packs is not an acceptable solution. They need to address the gear/relic economy and come off their “natural solutions” stance they’re taking because naturally, the needs have far outgrown that sort of pace. Direct action is needed, weeks ago

I believe Doja has some news you may find interesting, but I cant say for sure, without actual details.

you are the WORST!! lol ;)

give us our TEA!!
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    1. Hopefully after the next round of GLs or other release so that there won't be any r9 requirements. Who am I kidding?

2. Hopefully an entirely new material and only that material to relieve the difficulty of getting to r8. Who am I kidding? More of everything to get to r8, and a new signal data that will be in a new cantina node that you can only fight with 5 r8 toons. Not simmable. To encourage "engagement".

3. The only info I've seen about r9 is - "R9 is going to make a big difference for tanks" or words to that effect. My speculation is that it can't be just a mastery and mastery related increase like all other relic levels have been.

If it was another step the same, then tanks would improve just as much as attackers, so no net change and no big difference for tanks.

Maybe it will have a background boost to protection, like happens with gear levels starting at 7? Maybe health? With the removal of most defence bypass, maybe defence? But if there is a targeted boost to tanks, surely there is some big boost for everyone?

Maybe r9 will be the gate for 7 dot mods, and that's where the boosts to defence will actually come from.

Lol, I don't doubt they would do this at all.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    CG, destroyer of guilds.
    Stronger Players will now leave their old guilds to get access to R9.

It will become more difficult for every guild below 300 Million GM to hold their members together besides of this sh...

It is getting even worse with every new update ...

• papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    This along with Conquest basically force people to bloat. I dont understand whats the benefit of breaking smaller guilds. Nvm I do.. people dont want to leave guild so probably CG hope that they will buy those materials
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    R7->R8 on a tank @ +3k hp and +3k prot
    R8->R9 on a tank @ +13k hp and +20k prot
    2x +9k on a non-tank

Ha-ha-ha

250 rare gear pieces for scrap required to get 20 keypads

Ha-ha-ha

On top of 20 impulse detectors and a lot of signal data

Ha-ha-ha

What a sad joke.
  • Even funnier is how many people will do piett just for that one speed boost lol
  • if5qphnr9smd.jpg
    gfx7ixpfyvb1.jpg
    They are the only two examples I have. I haven't got to put a r8 of my own choosing yet. So I don't have an example of what it does for an attacker.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Even funnier is how many people will do piett just for that one speed boost lol

It gets +2
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    if5qphnr9smd.jpg
    gfx7ixpfyvb1.jpg
    They are the only two examples I have. I haven't got to put a r8 of my own choosing yet. So I don't have an example of what it does for an attacker.

jvo3551yghrv.png
  • if5qphnr9smd.jpg
    gfx7ixpfyvb1.jpg

Here is my example with my R8 attacker SLKR

0636fii9v6ij.jpg
  • Looks like negligible improvement to any non-tank. Why would you put all of the r9 resources into anything other than a tank?

I'll go ahead and lock-in a prediction that the first r9 requirement for something will not be a tank.

So, are the HP bonuses actually bound to mastery at all? Or is it just a secondary bonus like what comes to protection with full gear levels? What effect will mastery manipulation have on HP?
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Looks like negligible improvement to any non-tank. Why would you put all of the r9 resources into anything other than a tank?

I'll go ahead and lock-in a prediction that the first r9 requirement for something will not be a tank.

So, are the HP bonuses actually bound to mastery at all? Or is it just a secondary bonus like what comes to protection with full gear levels? What effect will mastery manipulation have on HP?

It's a little confusing since they regrouped things in the updated UI, but the increases are straight increases to h+p. There is an increase of +10 Mastery. So if Mastery includes health or protection, it goes up in addition according to that linear scale; and likewise Mastery increases behave the same way, except that you are starting from a higher base. Don't forget also that the GL unique gives 10% health and protection per amplifier level. So JML's actual increases will be (12,450+10,300)*1.9 = 23,655+19,570 + 10% of his r8 stats, plus his Mastery increase*1.9, plus 20% of all that under his lead, then the Mastery increase again because of his special buff. So maybe approaching 90k added survivability.

Damage with his granted ability will only go up by 6,000 plus 1xthe new Mastery though, since it's off of base protection. [Or maybe not, if the GL unique factoring thing is not a bug?]
  • GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    CG, destroyer of guilds.

It will become more difficult for every guild below 300 Million GM to hold their members together besides of this sh...

Many have quit when R8 coming, now R9 is coming, not sure how many will quit this time. Not to mention 6-8 month down the road they will tell u R10 is coming.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    1r2fx25wnbfx.jpeg
    Looks like negligible improvement to any non-tank. Why would you put all of the r9 resources into anything other than a tank?

Not me but whoever it is must have been drunk or is the guild clown lol
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    1r2fx25wnbfx.jpeg

Not me but whoever it is must have been drunk or is the guild clown lol

I hope that's a photoshop.
  • 150 dollars for 1x r9. You are crazy CG. That has nothing to do with making money on the aggressive way, like you always do. No that’s just scamming.
  • Tuareg111 wrote: »
    150 dollars for 1x r9. You are crazy CG. That has nothing to do with making money on the aggressive way, like you always do. No that’s just scamming.

But if $150 buys you peace and quiet for a couple of months that’s just $2.50 a day. Or 1 coffee. Game will bring you more entertainment than a coffee lol
    But man I love coffee ❤️
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    crzydroid wrote: »

It's a little confusing since they regrouped things in the updated UI, but the increases are straight increases to h+p. There is an increase of +10 Mastery. So if Mastery includes health or protection, it goes up in addition according to that linear scale; and likewise Mastery increases behave the same way, except that you are starting from a higher base. Don't forget also that the GL unique gives 10% health and protection per amplifier level. So JML's actual increases will be (12,450+10,300)*1.9 = 23,655+19,570 + 10% of his r8 stats, plus his Mastery increase*1.9, plus 20% of all that under his lead, then the Mastery increase again because of his special buff. So maybe approaching 90k added survivability.

Damage with his granted ability will only go up by 6,000 plus 1xthe new Mastery though, since it's off of base protection. [Or maybe not, if the GL unique factoring thing is not a bug?]

In the past relics only increased 4 stats (other stats increased of those based on STA and unit type)
    STR, TAC, AGI and Mastery are the stats that get a boost up to R8

for R9 in addtion to the mastery stat increase of +10 they also added increases to the health and protection for all units (tank and non tank) tanks just got more
    JML:
    gains 2300 protection from the + 10 mastery (230 protection per mastery point)
    gains a flat 18,000k protection for R8
    the flat health gain for R8 is 12k health
    these flat gains will not increase with abilities or discs that increase mastery only the 2300 protection and what ever the health gain from +10 mastery was
    so JML buff of 100% mastery will only add 70 * 230 = 16K protection at R9 (R8 it was 13.8K protection add)

a STR Attacker gains on health and protection are a lot less
    6k flat protection and 4k flat health (also gets a health gain from increase in STR due to relic level increase)

I think this is why they regrouped things in the UI, they would have had to add a new section showing the flat gains for health and protection at R9
  • A new raid with R9 pieces would be best.
    IL168 wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    CG, destroyer of guilds.

Many have quit when R8 coming, now R9 is coming, not sure how many will quit this time. Not to mention 6-8 month down the road they will tell u R10 is coming.

I don't see the need for R9. A small fraction of the player base has access to R8 as it is. There simply wasn't a need. R8 hasn't been out long enough.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    A new raid with R9 pieces would be best.
    IL168 wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    CG, destroyer of guilds.

I don't see the need for R9. A small fraction of the player base has access to R8 as it is. There simply wasn't a need. R8 hasn't been out long enough.

They needed for the next GL grind