Grand arena matchmaking

2Next

Replies

• Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Not sure about your opponents not being able to kill a DR team, i suppose that the overall GP anyways doesnt tell anything at all about a roster. Lower divisions earlier tend to be usually a lot easier (mods, low amount of pure g13).
    However top3 for GAC are to 95%+? pure GAC rosters - i.e. those have no KAM R7+ clones, no other unneeded relic for TBs and are just maden slim regarding any unneeded skill/omega/zeta wherever possible.
    And in the end TB/Kam players play against artificial tuned down GAC rosters. Its just another paper zombie way of tuning your roster downwards to gain benefit. Thats the reality. You talk often about a good roster management, but in the end its more of tuning down the most efficient way. This type of game basically is a collectors game and you should upgrade, but GAC punishes exactly this behaviour.

Choosing who you upgrade is not tuning downwards, it’s a choice. If i manage to beat a r7 drevan with a r2 drevan, it allows me to use my relics elsewhere. It’s not a paper zombie thing because i would have an easier time in mirror if i had a r7 team instead. There is nothing wrong with trying to be efficient with the resources at your disposal.
    Clearly you’re more interested in the tactical aspect of gac, so you want that players are matched against similar rosters (btw, mods would be even more important then). I respect that, to each his own, but it’s not only what gac is about with the rules as written; the current system match players who had access to about the same resources, so it’s fair. There is a strategical aspect via roster management that you don’t enjoy; other players do and tweaking the current system is delicate because it could destroy this aspect.
  • Options
    Here an example of my poor opponent. Just know that at the current GAC, JMK was not unlocked.
    He had no Chance but his GP values are better than mine:
    582.jpeg
  • Options
    6m GP, problems with a GET2 fleet (which are beatable by hux, mm, empire and rebels too)...okay well you know thats div 3 or below what you are talking about here.
    Division 3 specifically and yes, I still encounter opponents with sub-par fleets. A lot of players do not take fleets seriously.
    All you have is a probably a slim roster, which outclasses your opponents roster by a huge margin. That would be a simple missmatch. But feel free to post your gac matches to show the good matchmaking and prove me wrong in your particular case.

PS: I never told i do have issues, however i see very many players are being matched very poorly. A big difference.
    Have you even seen the prerequisites for a GL? It's impossible to have a slim roster when you have GLs! :D

Here is my last match

1d6aer2v6ger.jpeg

And here is the outcome

da65laikfj4e.png

PS You failed to answer my question...
    And your argument of managing rosters is just putting the whole MM in hands of the players. Thats kind of very odd in the end.
    Why?

• Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    So why should GLs get special treatment but not the squads which block them?

Because they essentially changed the rules of GAC in mid-stream.

Before when people complained about GL inequality it was pointed out that there were plenty of non-GL counters. People managed their rosters so that they could use a non-GL counter while continuing to build GLs.

Then they nerfed many characters and so severely limited the number of counters to GLs. You cannot go back in time and rebuild your roster. The only thing you could do is move some refunded R8 materials from a couple of characters over to different ones.

This is a simple situation with a simple fix.

A more complicated solution that would go along with all the lizard-brains who say "improve your roster" is refunding all your gear and levels so you could actually rebuild your roster knowing all the rules that are in place right now.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    6m GP, problems with a GET2 fleet (which are beatable by hux, mm, empire and rebels too)...okay well you know thats div 3 or below what you are talking about here.
    Division 3 specifically and yes, I still encounter opponents with sub-par fleets. A lot of players do not take fleets seriously.
    All you have is a probably a slim roster, which outclasses your opponents roster by a huge margin. That would be a simple missmatch. But feel free to post your gac matches to show the good matchmaking and prove me wrong in your particular case.

PS: I never told i do have issues, however i see very many players are being matched very poorly. A big difference.
    Have you even seen the prerequisites for a GL? It's impossible to have a slim roster when you have GLs! :D

Here is my last match

1d6aer2v6ger.jpeg

And here is the outcome

da65laikfj4e.png

PS You failed to answer my question...
    And your argument of managing rosters is just putting the whole MM in hands of the players. Thats kind of very odd in the end.
    Why?
    Which question did you had?

A matchmaking should be done by the organisation like FIA and not by the participants.

You hide your swgoh profile to get another advantage versus your opponent as it appears. This isnt possible for all persons on the world. Next to this your opponent had from start 0 chance, you could have blocked him entirely max. 1 sector if you would have wanted to. Gz? I suppose...
    Post edited by XKurareX on