Relic8 help smaller guilds this is getting ridiculous

Ok CG now that your new conquest is done and yes it’s more difficult. When are you going to open up relic 8 to smaller guilds who are not doing c-pit (250mil and lower). You locked out a big portion of the player base from ship meta and the new characters. This is getting a little ridiculous frankly! Give your player base a path for relic8 to play your game and want to spend to gear the toons please!!!!
Even if you give 1 relic8 mat in daily shipments it will take forever but it’s a path. With no path you are really breaking up guilds who want to work to beat c-pit and play together but so many high toons/ ships now need relic8 that a big part of the game is now becoming locked out from these players. Please give the smaller guilds a path!

Replies

• For real. CG needs to stop driving out all players except your heaviest spenders. We get it—they’re your best customers—but you need the rest of us too or they’ll have no one to play with.
  • Oh and yes you did open up conquest for relic 8 mats. That was a great move before when people who just made hard mode had a chance. With the latest conquest you are looking at 6mil plus roster to even hit the relic mats. That does not even count the ones who can’t even do hard mode they have zero path. Yes it’s something to work for but when you have so much of the game around relic8 then it’s just frustrating and then people quit. Please look at the smaller guilds and players.
  • People quitting and or people leaving guilds. Especially smaller guilds become obsolet. Allthough there are guilds that outperform other guilds with the same amount of GP in every aspect of the game, they are having a hard time to recruit new members.

Since the supply of guilds is way bigger than demand it has become impossible to recruit new members who are in line with the the average Guild GP. So with every bigger player leaving because they need these R8 mats, you won‘t get a comparable replacement. So smaller guilds shrink, which in turn leads to more players leaving again.

That is becoming a doom loop which is nearly impossible to break.

• It is just unbelievable how impossible it is to get R8 materials when you’re in a guild who does not do Cpit now. Before you had still the possibility to get to 4mil GP as fast as possible to get the materials (which is a big step and for which you need to be playing several years already). But with the new rework even that famls away and it is just ridiculous.
    Just be fair and make it accesible for everyone. The big guilds/players can stil get more but just don’t skip the players with lower rosters and even average rosters.
  • I think this becomes even more important with R9 looming on the horizon - I understand having R8 be somewhat exclusive when it was just a bonus, but now that it's in requirements all over the place, it's time to open it up more.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not to say things won't change more as time goes on, but even as they open things up and make them more accessible, endgame stuff is generally going to stay endgame.

They are always trying to push development, and even to some extent push guilds to not carry newer players or have big fish swimming in the small pond (generally speaking).

They want competitive guilds to feel like they are getting an advantage for their "work", and while younger guilds can be competitive, they still have some growing to do to get to end game stuff.

It really seems like r8, and I'm guessing r9 at this point are really geared towards progressing late mid game players. With Conquest and CRancor, average GP around the 5M mark should be getting there in both cases. At this point I don't see them opening it up much below that mark.

They path they are pushing is development. This is a long game, with many milestones along the way. This one seems to have been curated into place, but not something you have to pay to get to.
  • I get the progression and the end game they have to keep pushing that. They had a good progression for conquest when someone with 4mil gp could max the create now you are looking at 6mil it moves the goal post for a huge amount of gamers. All I am asking for is a path for smaller guilds pretty much everyone under 250 mil(I know there are guilds doing it under 250 but not many)which seems to be the magic number for beating c-pit. It does not have to be a big path but a path that they have a way to also progress and stay in there guilds they love. Sorry I have zero tolerance for people with a 1-3 mil gp sitting in a c-pit guild. That’s the way they want to to play and be carried fine but for everyone else who wants the challenge and to progress they now face the same bozos with the 1-3mil in tw, gac, and arenas. Sorry that is not progressing that is milking the system, and for the ones who actually want to play the game and progress get the short end of the stick. I guess what I am looking for is what cg did with hstr they added get2 it was not a lot and frankly probably does not help at all but it’s a path for smaller guilds who cannot do geo tbs to save/buy the ships or gear that get2 gets them. I also get if you want it you have to pay. What I am saying is give them a carrot 1 shard a day maybe that’s still a good month for 1 relic8. (I am not talking anything relic9) so if people want it faster they will pay. The big guild have so much relic8 already it won’t even phase them but it goes a long way for everyone else.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Torindale wrote: »
    I get the progression and the end game they have to keep pushing that. They had a good progression for conquest when someone with 4mil gp could max the create now you are looking at 6mil it moves the goal post for a huge amount of gamers. All I am asking for is a path for smaller guilds pretty much everyone under 250 mil(I know there are guilds doing it under 250 but not many)which seems to be the magic number for beating c-pit. It does not have to be a big path but a path that they have a way to also progress and stay in there guilds they love. Sorry I have zero tolerance for people with a 1-3 mil gp sitting in a c-pit guild. That’s the way they want to to play and be carried fine but for everyone else who wants the challenge and to progress they now face the same bozos with the 1-3mil in tw, gac, and arenas. Sorry that is not progressing that is milking the system, and for the ones who actually want to play the game and progress get the short end of the stick. I guess what I am looking for is what cg did with hstr they added get2 it was not a lot and frankly probably does not help at all but it’s a path for smaller guilds who cannot do geo tbs to save/buy the ships or gear that get2 gets them. I also get if you want it you have to pay. What I am saying is give them a carrot 1 shard a day maybe that’s still a good month for 1 relic8. (I am not talking anything relic9) so if people want it faster they will pay. The big guild have so much relic8 already it won’t even phase them but it goes a long way for everyone else.

Not that it's normal, but the lowest GP for max crate in Conquest I have seen posted was under 5m.

You dont need max crate to get r8 materials, so there is a way for players to get it without CRancor, and second crate is achievable below 6M GP. Honestly GP is less of a consideration that the teams and crystals someone has. Not that everyone will have everything "just right", by any means.

That is a path, and the GP for CRancor will keep going down as players learn and build the right teams to make it happen.

I am not trying to say they shouldn't, I am just pointing out that they seem to have worked very focused on the plan we are seeing that has this line in roughly the same place on those events and that may be here to stay. Also, this line isnt exact or written in stone, so there are edge cases. All in all this seems to be the general layout they want.

The game is a long walk, this is not likely to change.
  • The biggest problem is after spending 8-12 months farming and gearing all the teams to get the feats to be able to get to tier chests there is a good chance CG will decide to again do changes and completely nullify that past year work like they just did with the nerf. You can say spend more all you want but where is the guarantee that we won’t just be screwed over again to force us to spend money AGAIN?