Show Relic Mat Quantity

Devs,
Please add the quantity of each relic mat owned above the node in Cantina.

64736snipgk1.jpg

Replies

• 19gy2xqg9mb4.jpeg
    x0vj8lwnekfp.jpeg
    It takes virtually zero effort to get this info from that very screen.
  • Goldane
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    That's incorrect. I want an easy glance so I know which to hit with Cantina energy so I don't have to click each one to pull it up. You're response is ridiculous. When it could be easier/smarter/slicker/nicer shouldn't it be done?

btw, I just knew someone was going to say exactly this. Excellence doesn't settle for the lackluster.
  • Goldane wrote: »
    That's incorrect. I want an easy glance so I know which to hit with Cantina energy so I don't have to click each one to pull it up. You're response is ridiculous. When it could be easier/smarter/slicker/nicer shouldn't it be done?

btw, I just knew someone was going to say exactly this. Excellence doesn't settle for the lackluster.
    Good luck in your quest.

Personally I’d rather the devs spend time fixing bugs or developing new content rather than saving me the horrendous imposition of moving my thumb.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    If they add a Qty counter on top of nodes, then we would also see MAX on every character shard node too

Would be annoying
  • I just said the relic mats. I love data...give me more
  • What would the display show on a node that drops shards for 2 toons or a ship and a toon? Both? One of them? An alternating view of both?
  • Just move it up a hair...

y7qv8vuoam9r.png

• Goldane
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    You can't honestly tell me you wouldn't rather on a single glance know which of the three you need to drop energy on.
    You can't honestly tell me you wouldn't rather on a single glance know which of the three you need to drop energy on.
    I can, and I have done.
  • Goldane
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Sure....I saw the post. Sometimes folks just like to nit pick. If you had your choice to enable the view or not you would absolutely enable the view. I don't believe that you wouldn't but I understand you need to stick by your criticism for it to remain valid lol
    Sure....I saw the post. Sometimes folks just like to nit pick. If you had your choice to enable the view or not you would absolutely enable the view. I don't believe that you wouldn't but I understand you need to stick by your criticism for it to remain valid lol
    Please don’t tell me what I would or wouldn’t do. Debates aren’t going to be resolved by you telling people what they think.

This is a public forum, where you can and should expect your views to be agreed or disagreed with. You even stated earlier that you “knew” someone would respond in the way I have, yet you’ve not come up with a meaningful counter argument.

People farm nodes for different reasons. As the interface stands, it is incredibly easy to find out how much we currently have of anything a node drops. I don’t think the benefit in the change you are suggesting would be worth the dev time, especially when the devs seem to struggle with releasing game modes / characters / ships that operate as they are intended to operate. I’d rather the gameplay was prioritised over an infinitesimal time saver.

But, I understand you need to stick by your suggestion for it to remain valid.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Goldane wrote: »

I mean, don't you already know? If you're working on a character, go in and see how many you need.
  • I've farmed everything else in Cantina so every drop of energy goes to farming relic mats. My suggestion is to simply add the counts to the node screen so I don't have to check all three each time I want to farm it.

People who have farmed all of Cantina do not farm it for different reasons, only relic mats.

They have folks working on renewal as well as new content. They mention it in their updates constantly. Are you suggesting CG doesn't have that capability?

I've farmed everything else in Cantina so every drop of energy goes to farming relic mats. My suggestion is to simply add the counts to the node screen so I don't have to check all three each time I want to farm it.

People who have farmed all of Cantina do not farm it for different reasons, only relic mats.

They have folks working on renewal as well as new content. They mention it in their updates constantly. Are you suggesting CG doesn't have that capability?
    That is absolutely what I’m suggesting, yes.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I mean, don't you already know? If you're working on a character, go in and see how many you need.

Sure, I have an idea where I stand, but I'm working toward saving for a new unlock. I'm banking them and need to reach specific goals. I guess I'm just a bit puzzled by the lack of interest in making this data even easier to see/digest.
    I've farmed everything else in Cantina so every drop of energy goes to farming relic mats. My suggestion is to simply add the counts to the node screen so I don't have to check all three each time I want to farm it.

That is absolutely what I’m suggesting, yes.

I made a simple suggestion....I'm not about to call CG out on their lack of ability to enhance current content simultaneous to developing new. I'm assuming they can/are.

Either way, this is done. Suggestion is out there and I cannot be the only one who wants it.
  • My guess is this would require more engineering work than one would think. I'll add this to the list of QoL asks I'm working for, but it'll be pretty low just based on resources-to-overall good it accomplishes. I'd rather use those resources for QoL asks that can effect greater good for a wider portion of the player base.

Having said that, I understand why someone would want this handy widget and it's not a bad idea, and I appreciate you sharing feedback and suggestions.
  • I'd way rather have a feat counter or ship squads than this.
  • rocket1420 wrote: »
    I'd way rather have a feat counter or ship squads than this.

This sounds like a great suggestion for a separate thread...
  • My guess is this would require more engineering work than one would think. I'll add this to the list of QoL asks I'm working for, but it'll be pretty low just based on resources-to-overall good it accomplishes. I'd rather use those resources for QoL asks that can effect greater good for a wider portion of the player base.

Having said that, I understand why someone would want this handy widget and it's not a bad idea, and I appreciate you sharing feedback and suggestions.

Understood. Thanks for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it!
    My guess is this would require more engineering work than one would think. I'll add this to the list of QoL asks I'm working for, but it'll be pretty low just based on resources-to-overall good it accomplishes. I'd rather use those resources for QoL asks that can effect greater good for a wider portion of the player base.

For sure. I wanted to be upfront about it, but also let you know the idea itself isn't bad and I can see how it would be helpful for ya.
    My guess is this would require more engineering work than one would think. I'll add this to the list of QoL asks I'm working for, but it'll be pretty low just based on resources-to-overall good it accomplishes. I'd rather use those resources for QoL asks that can effect greater good for a wider portion of the player base.

For sure. I wanted to be upfront about it, but also let you know the idea itself isn't bad and I can see how it would be helpful for ya.

"this is never happening"

lol (I'm kidding, I know it's a stretch)
  • rocket1420 wrote: »
    I'd way rather have a feat counter or ship squads than this.

Exactly ship fleet squads selections would be one the first things id implement. In fleet arena with 3 diff teams to battle now an havin to use 3 different teams to battle them it would be easier if we had a quik selection. Sometimes by time u change a team out to counter the team in front of you then someone else has already grabbed u back an engaged u or the person u want to battle has already engaged themselves so having quik selections would be so helpful