Conquest duplicate disks in same node

Prev1
Having completed sector 1 and just starting sector 2 (hard), I have already had four Jawa nodes that had duplicate disks in the same node. This drastically reduces to options and amplifies bad rng on disk availability. Can this be changed for next conquest? There’s no point to having 3 options if 2 of them are often the same.

Replies

• Options
    i've had it 2x so far in sector 1. TWO TIMES!!!woyavjpyic2a.png
    0bbwhc8pdm5o.png

I have mentioned it every single conquest. every single conquest they ignore it. Must be WAI or they're especially incompetent.
  • Options
    As everyone here has mentioned, every conquest this has been, infuriatingly so, mentioned to CG. They don't care. They won't even acknowledge it, no matter how many times we mention it.

It is literally the dumbest part of the whole of conquest (and that takes some doing).
  • Options
    This was last conquest:
    frtsqlpuqgk9.jpg
    And I think I already had that disk.
  • Options
    This was last conquest:
    frtsqlpuqgk9.jpg
    And I think I already had that disk.

You wouldn't have had the disk already, because it says that you own zero. Maybe you saw it earlier and just didn't pick it up?
  • Options
    Even though the last Conquest felt like a slog, I suspect this one will feel better.

That being said, this is the single most annoying part of it and has been since the beginning. I can understand seeing the same disk on different nodes (often beneficial). There's no point in having the same disk multiple times on a node, it's supposed to be a choice.

It would also be nice to lessen the RNG on end of boss disk nodes, really disheartening to see 3 common one dot disks. I've gone a whole Conquest without seeing a four dot and 1 three dot disk. Have the end of boss disk nodes guarantee at least one three or four dot disk. The final disk node in sector five should straight up be a choice between 3 four dot disks.
  • Options
    It's just not fun to have the same disc offered twice on the same node, and isn't hard to fix.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    It's just not fun to have the same disc offered twice on the same node, and isn't hard to fix.

Its an annoying fix imo but I think an easier solution is to make sure you pull one of each color (grey, green, blue, purple)

So even if you do get the same data disc, the color would be different at least (and the amount of bonus you get from the disc)
  • Options
    Then it would be like winning the jackpot when you get 3 of a kind. Guaranteed purple :)
  • Options
    Sector 2 is continuing the theme. 2u6z80hxxr6k.png
  • Options
    qtdi0fslcbcd.png
    Jackpot! Oh wait …
  • Options
    In the last conquest i had a tripple disk at same node 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    t529y8ga05yo.png
    just happen to me again in Sector 2...

seriously, CG.. This is embarrassing..
  • Options
    Yet another example to show CG's priorities. Rather than increase fun, they make sure the game mode isn't "too free".
  • Beeblebrox
    424 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yeah I think we're all agreed on the fact that having the same disk show up multiple times across 2 Scavenger nodes at the same point in a sector is not just annoying and severely limiting but frankly utterly ridiculous! I've seen people have 6 "choices" of disk where 4 of them are actually the same disk, any remotely competent programmer at CG should be able to restrict each disk from showing no more than ONCE at the same point of a sector with about 5-minutes of minor code alterations - and should have ensured this in the first place - this has been being mentioned and complained about by players since the original Conquest "Exhibitions" which were supposedly being used to iron out issues and respond to feedback.
    Maybe @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI could tell us why they are unwilling or unable to make such a quick and easy change? It's certainly not because the staff are too busy "testing" things properly!!
  • Options
    I thankfully haven't run into 4 out of 6 of same disk yet. But since my initial 4 nodes with duplicate disks in sector 1 and start of sector 2, I've had another 3 nodes like this in sector 2 & 3.

I'm not sure how complex the fix would be, but it's definitely a big frustration.
  • Options
    Sector 2 is continuing the theme. 2u6z80hxxr6k.png

and the VERY NEXT node I can pick from, I get more Vitality: r4tkn0zpap4i.png

This is just laughably bad now.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebmes wrote: »

Its an annoying fix imo but I think an easier solution is to make sure you pull one of each color (grey, green, blue, purple)

So even if you do get the same data disc, the color would be different at least (and the amount of bonus you get from the disc)

This is not a solution because it does not solve the issue of duplicate disks. There is no reason to pick the disk of lower rarity - a.k.a. it's still a waste of a stockpile slot(s).
  • Options
    On both nodes too. This is frankly the worst double rates I've had in all of conquest. And each time it happens, I become more disengaged from the mode. jl0jkbwhcj2s.png
    eucps93bl0cm.png

• Options
    But you are already sector 2 and spend crystals, so it worked for them...
  • Options
    fikh1fls5nor.png

I need advice on which one to pick.
  • Options
    Karozg wrote: »
    fikh1fls5nor.png

I need advice on which one to pick.

Nice. At least that disc is somewhat usable.
  • Options
    jjmbvcpaapyw.png
  • Options
    I'll take this feedback to the devs.
  • Options
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    But you are already sector 2 and spend crystals, so it worked for them...

joke's on them, I don't buy crystals.
  • Options
    The entire randomisation of discs is horrible, get a bunch of better ones that fit your playstyle and teams, they will carry you a long way, get stuff that doesnt means you are in for a miserable time
  • Options

This is feedback they’ve already had for the last few conquests as it’s been an issue since conquest 1…..
  • Options

Thank you! Please take as much of the conquest feedback to them as you can. I really appreciate your voice here.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Ok so another solution to the data disc problem @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

Duplication aside I imagine it would be easier to code it so we can choose from 5 data discs rather than 3 data discs. If its harder to code to ensure 3 different options. make it so that we get 5 options?

Sure that would open up the node to a potential 5 identical data disc node but its also as equally possible we get 5 different options.

You gotta do something though guys because engagement in this mode is falling.

I'm not doing refreshes and I'm still at the beginning of sector 2 and I'm fine not caring about progressing. I go in do a couple of battles and forget about it because the mode just doesn't engage me anymore. I hope one day in the future you make changes that will have me engage in the mode again.