Why Geo's for Galactic Chase?

Did I miss reading something somewhere that explains why Geo's of all things are the current galactic chase?

It could certain help out the lower GP rosters with getting their Wat team ready for sure.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe the general idea is that this will be happening more, and this was just the first run. Yes it seems to be geared towards newer players, but nothing specific to why.
  • Sounds good to me. Even if you've got them all, the extra shards can be used to buy gear, which is always a bottleneck. Free gear I get to pick is always welcomed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Look on the bright side, it could have been Clone Wars Chewbacca.
  • Why NOT Geonosians?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Its aimed for new players but Im happy with free shard currency. After so many unfriendly decisions thats a nice change - not im going to spend again change but I felt good with it

The only downside I see is that if someone is farming DS GL tickets they wont be able to farm tickets and get free shards so thats never a good thing to make people choose
  • Shard shop currency is always welcome, to buy much needed gear. And newer players can prepare their rosters to get Wat. Everybody wins.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Why not Geos? Even if you already have them finished, you can still get shard shop currency.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • It’s should obviously be bad batch
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    2smooth wrote: »
    It’s should obviously be bad batch

My assumption is that all monthly chases in the future will be accelerated toons
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Why NOT Geonosians?

The better question is, why are they not dropping in 2's? They are accelerated characters after all.
  • More galactic chases like this to help lower roster people out is certainly a good move. I was just curious why of all squads that Geo's were the ones picked.

Though I guess it could help some people get ready for the Wat mission this DS Geo coming up and maybe that's why they picked the geos.

Either way, I do agree more shard shop currency is fantastic for those of us who do not need the geo shards.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Something my guildmates were talking about -
    Maybe they did Geos as an incentive for more people to upgrade their Malevolence fleet, courtesy of the next Galactic Chase. This saturates fleet arena shards with meta fleets, which is a big incentive for people to shoot for the new Executor.
    Just a thought my guild had that I thought was interesting. But to be perfectly honest, it's probably just a move to help lower level players get some good teams.
  • Good thought but it was decided to be Geos before the results of the poll making Malevolence the next chase focus so that wasn't the reasoning. So either something is coming up that will require Geos or Seps soon or it just ended up being them randomly chosen
  • Because the Geo shards don't impact the longer-term players that spend money on the game so it won't impact their income.
  • Jed_Eye wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Why NOT Geonosians?

The better question is, why are they not dropping in 2's? They are accelerated characters after all.

I think because it’s not a normal farm and doesn’t cost currency. Since this is flat out bonus on top of your normal farm.

Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE double shards! But I think that may be the reasoning.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • the confirmed the geo galactic chase about 3 days before the malevolence and that was a vote
  • I don't think this or other upcoming Galactic Chases will necessarily be directly tied to upcoming content (not to say it won't ever be, just saying in general). As many of you have pointed out, it helps newer rosters and elder players get more shards to convert.
  • I don't think this or other upcoming Galactic Chases will necessarily be directly tied to upcoming content (not to say it won't ever be, just saying in general). As many of you have pointed out, it helps newer rosters and elder players get more shards to convert.

So this is acutally something to slightly reduce gear crunch? Why don't you promote it then, that there is a change that is to player's benefit? People tend to only see the bad stuff, you know?
  • GeneralTartarus
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Honestly, I think it's great. But shards aren't the problem.

Why not have more frequent double drops? For example, each weekend is a different set of nodes: i.e. one weekend light side, one weekend dark side, fleet, cantina, mods, etc. The gear crunch is the major issue at the moment. I don't understand why it needs to just be limited to GL releases?
    Ahch-To is recruiting! Say hi, and find yourself a new home with us: https://discord.gg/KTeUgyTeZD
  • If you have been playing g for a few years, none of these bonus drops mean anything beyond shards to exchange.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    2smooth wrote: »
    It’s should obviously be bad batch

My assumption is that all monthly chases in the future will be accelerated toons

No risk taken in this assumption ;)
  • Something my guildmates were talking about -
    Maybe they did Geos as an incentive for more people to upgrade their Malevolence fleet, courtesy of the next Galactic Chase. This saturates fleet arena shards with meta fleets, which is a big incentive for people to shoot for the new Executor.
    Just a thought my guild had that I thought was interesting. But to be perfectly honest, it's probably just a move to help lower level players get some good teams.

Except that only helps higher end players in high end guilds with access to R8 mats.