Fix the GAC auto deploys.

Prev1
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited September 2021
This is getting ridiculous now. Ever since the nerfs to our rosters against GL’s there needs to be something done about auto deploys in GAC. Facing 4 GL’s on defense when you only have 3 is insane. Why am I being punished and my progress for the season hindered (towards kyber or higher rankings at end of season) because someone else didn’t bother to set their defenses.

Something needs to be done. Make it so that it’s an automatic loss for the person that doesn’t set their defense and give max points for the round and the other person gets 0. This is the 3rd time this GAC season that my opponent has auto deployed and I can’t full clear because I’m facing no less than 3 GL’s on defense and a cluster of high relic toons.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Because it wouldn’t be fair to the player who didn’t take the time to set a defense to have their best players used?

Just wanted to add, this logic being used is garbage.
  • Because it wouldn’t be fair to the player who didn’t take the time to set a defense to have their best players used?

So you think it’s fair that someone who sets a defense with every intent to participate should have their overall progress hindered because their opponent decided to not set their defenses? No, sorry, if you don’t set a defense at all it should be an automatic loss.

Mind you, this doesn’t apply to people who set a defense in round 1 then auto deploy that same defense the rest of the week. I’m talking about people who join and can’t take the time or bother to set a defense.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Because it wouldn’t be fair to the player who didn’t take the time to set a defense to have their best players used?

So you think it’s fair that someone who sets a defense with every intent to participate should have their overall progress hindered because their opponent decided to not set their defenses? No, sorry, if you don’t set a defense at all it should be an automatic loss.

Mind you, this doesn’t apply to people who set a defense in round 1 then auto deploy that same defense the rest of the week. I’m talking about people who join and can’t take the time or bother to set a defense.

I actually agree with you. It’s garbage, it should not deploy their top players.

It should also be set to not to auto deploy galactic legends.
  • How about auto-set from the bottom of their roster but they don't get any banners for setting a defence?
  • lol, babies
    #JediFactionRework2018

I actually agree with you. It’s garbage, it should not deploy their top players.

It should also be set to not to auto deploy galactic legends.

Ahh, seemed like you thought it wouldn’t be fair for the person not setting defense.
  • lol, babies

Because we think that people shouldn’t be punished for going against people that can’t be bothered setting defenses? Uh huh…
  • i think a hybrid of setting there lowest characters, with disabling there top say 25 characters would be good (for top divisions)
    the opponent gets easy teams and the enemy still loses some top characters and and GLs

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I dont know exact details, but I believe there have been some discussions around defensive setups, and GAC MM in general.
  • Alternating character picks from the top and bottom of the player's roster, as I have suggested previously, would still leave all GLs on defense but with horribly sub-optimal squads and half of them not in the lead slot.

Omitting GLs from auto-deploy might sound tempting but the problem is that each one can potentially solo a squad on offense.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Alternating character picks from the top and bottom of the player's roster, as I have suggested previously, would still leave all GLs on defense but with horribly sub-optimal squads and half of them not in the lead slot.

Omitting GLs from auto-deploy might sound tempting but the problem is that each one can potentially solo a squad on offense.

That’s why if you auto deploy a defense and don’t even set one to begin with, you should automatically get a 0, your roster locked for the round and the opponent gets max banners. If both don’t set a defense then it’s the same thing and the current tie breaker rules apply. That’s the fairest thing
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Alternating character picks from the top and bottom of the player's roster, as I have suggested previously, would still leave all GLs on defense but with horribly sub-optimal squads and half of them not in the lead slot.

That’s why if you auto deploy a defense and don’t even set one to begin with, you should automatically get a 0, your roster locked for the round and the opponent gets max banners. If both don’t set a defense then it’s the same thing and the current tie breaker rules apply. That’s the fairest thing

Maybe toss in an option for GAC feats as well. Have the algorithm look at rosters, calculate the maximum progress towards each feat, and add it there. That’d solve the only problem I can see with this
  • When they forget to set defense they use everything they have. As long as you set a halfway decent defense they shouldn't be able to attack. Just win a battle or 2 and it should be an easy win.

That’s not the point. You may get the win but you’re also missing out on anywhere from 1400-1500 offensive points from clearing zones and winning battles which, if happening even just a few times in a GAC season, will cost you Kyber ranking
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous now. Ever since the nerfs to our rosters against GL’s there needs to be something done about auto deploys in GAC. Facing 4 GL’s on defense when you only have 3 is insane.

You do realisme that this could happen even with a manual set defense, right? It's not caused by auto deployment. Your problem is being one GL short
  • Waqui wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous now. Ever since the nerfs to our rosters against GL’s there needs to be something done about auto deploys in GAC. Facing 4 GL’s on defense when you only have 3 is insane.

You do realisme that this could happen even with a manual set defense, right? It's not caused by auto deployment. Your problem is being one GL short

Very rarely will someone put all their GLs on defense in one zone and then the rest of their top toons to fill out the bottom zone
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Waqui wrote: »

Very rarely will someone put all their GLs on defense in one zone and then the rest of their top toons to fill out the bottom zone

You do realise, that this could happen even with a manually set defense, right?:
    [...] Facing 4 GL’s on defense when you only have 3 is insane.

In fact it could be a good strategy for your opponent to ensure a win. Your problem is being one GL short. It's not auto deployment.

You do realise, that this could happen even with a manually set defense, right?:

In fact it could be a good strategy for your opponent to ensure a win. Your problem is being one GL short. It's not auto deployment.

Nobody that has any kind of hope on offense, with a comparable roster to yourself will place every single meta toon they have on defense. They will not place all of them on defense and then also place teams like 501st, DR, and all 55 of their top toons.

I get you like to argue for the sake of arguing but the current auto deploy system is a problem and many agree that it needs to change.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Nobody that has any kind of hope on offense, with a comparable roster to yourself will place every single meta toon they have on defense.

We're not discussing every single META toon. We're discussing GLs. According to yourself placing the 4 GL teams is enough to stop you and win.
    I get you like to argue for the sake of arguing but the current auto deploy system is a problem and many agree that it needs to change.

I get that your insight in strategy is lacking.

Nobody that has any kind of hope on offense, with a comparable roster to yourself will place every single meta toon they have on defense.

We're not discussing every single META toon. We're discussing GLs. According to yourself placing the 4 GL teams is enough to stop you and win.

Really? Read the OP again.

“ and I can’t full clear because I’m facing no less than 3 GL’s on defense and a cluster of high relic toons.”

That means that because of the nerfs to non GL counters, having to face 4 GL’s and their highest relic toons prevents full clears, thus impeding progress towards kyber.

The win for the round is still there, but it’s impeding progress towards feats, overall GAC score and season reward progression.

Like I said, I get you like to argue about anything to be abrasive but at least read the OP in full and don’t cherry pick a portion to make a straw man argument
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2021

“ and I can’t full clear because I’m facing no less than 3 GL’s on defense and a cluster of high relic toons.”

That means that because of the nerfs to non GL counters, having to face 4 GL’s and their highest relic toons prevents full clears, thus impeding progress towards kyber.

The win for the round is still there, but it’s impeding progress towards feats, overall GAC score and season reward progression.

Like I said, I get you like to argue about anything to be abrasive but at least read the OP in full and don’t cherry pick a portion to make a straw man argument

You do realise, that you could face 4 GLs with your 3 even with a manually set defense, right? In fact it could be a good strategy for your opponent to ensure a win. Your problem is being one GL short. That's what prevents you from clearing. It's not auto deployment.

You do realise, that you could face 4 GLs with your 3 even with a manually set defense, right? In fact it could be a good strategy for your opponent to ensure a win. Your problem is being one GL short. That's what prevents you from clearing. It's not auto deployment.

1.) This isn’t a discussion about GAC strategy. If it were I’d happily tell you that setting all 4 of yours is a bad strategy too because then how will you clear my defense if I have a GL in a zone?

2.) Again, like always, you miss the point. The current auto deployment will set all GL’s on defense, and then the next 50+ top toons on their roster. Nobody will do that. If you think setting every single top toon you have on defense is a good strategy then I’ll be happy to play you in GAC and take the win. Which isn’t the issue, because the issue is the advantage auto deployment gives people who can’t be bothered to set a defense.

Thanks for coming to me Ted Talk :smile:
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    You should get another gl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

1.) This isn’t a discussion about GAC strategy. If it were I’d happily tell you that setting all 4 of yours is a bad strategy too because then how will you clear my defense if I have a GL in a zone?

I know strategy isn't your strong side which is why you fail to see that it isn't autodeployment that prevents you from clearing and reaching Kyber league.

Setting all 4 GLs on defense is a winning strategy against you.
    2.) Again, like always, you miss the point. The current auto deployment will set all GL’s on defense, and then the next 50+ top toons on their roster. Nobody will do that.

You also complain about the 4 GLs being set on defense when you only have 3 GLs yourself.
    If you think setting every single top toon you have on defense is a good strategy then I’ll be happy to play you in GAC and take the win.

We're not discussing "every single top toon" being set on defense. We're discussing your complaint about 4 GLs being set on defense when you only have 3 yourself.
    Which isn’t the issue, because the issue is the advantage auto deployment gives people who can’t be bothered to set a defense.

So, now auto deployment is an advantage? Perhaps you would like to elaborate?

I know strategy isn't your strong side which is why you fail to see that it isn't autodeployment that prevents you from clearing and reaching Kyber league.

2.) Again, like always, you miss the point. The current auto deployment will set all GL’s on defense, and then the next 50+ top toons on their roster. Nobody will do that.

You also complain about the 4 GLs being set on defense when you only have 3 GLs yourself.
    If you think setting every single top toon you have on defense is a good strategy then I’ll be happy to play you in GAC and take the win.

We're not discussing "every single top toon" being set on defense. We're discussing your complaint about 4 GLs being set on defense when you only have 3 yourself.
    Which isn’t the issue, because the issue is the advantage auto deployment gives people who can’t be bothered to set a defense.

Lmao oh my oh my.

1.) Saying that auto deployments that prevent full clears after the non GL nerfs hinder progress to Kyber, doesn’t mean that I can’t do it, or haven’t done it since the nerfs. But at the rate people are losing interest in the game and I’m facing more auto deployments than ever before, it can become a problem.

2.) If you have 4 GL’s and I have 3, and you set all 4, you better hope I dont set one because then you won’t clear the zone with them in it on my defense. If you don’t have Executor or RNG stops you from beating mine, then that’s a big L for you. So no, that’s not always a winning strategy based on the tons of other factors the human element plays to the game of GAC. So like I said, I’d love to play you in GAC so your strategy gets sunk quite easily :)

3.) Again, you may want to read my OP where I said them having all their GL’s (let’s say 4) on defense AND their next top 51 toons placed on defense is the issue. So I’m sorry that you aren’t understanding the basis of the conversation or the post. If you want to continue to straw man one excerpt of my post then I just simply won’t reply anymore and you can move on to another post to try and argue for the sake of it.

4.) Yes, theres an advantage to a certain point depending on mine or those who actually set a defenses’ placements. Overall it’s an unfair disadvantage to the person actually taking the time to set a defense.

5.) If you think GAC is fine as is, then that’s on you. Myself and many others know that the system as is needs changes. If you don’t, then god bless.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

I should. Can I borrow your credit card? I’m just gonna buy a few vaults for those relic materials and core gear I need. Whatcha think? JMK or SEE? Not bothering with LV
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Lmao oh my oh my.

1.) Saying that auto deployments that prevent full clears after the non GL nerfs hinder progress to Kyber, doesn’t mean that I can’t do it, or haven’t done it since the nerfs. But at the rate people are losing interest in the game and I’m facing more auto deployments than ever before, it can become a problem.

2.) If you have 4 GL’s and I have 3, and you set all 4, you better hope I dont set one because then you won’t clear the zone with them in it on my defense. If you don’t have Executor or RNG stops you from beating mine, then that’s a big L for you. So no, that’s not always a winning strategy based on the tons of other factors the human element plays to the game of GAC. So like I said, I’d love to play you in GAC so your strategy gets sunk quite easily :)

3.) Again, you may want to read my OP where I said them having all their GL’s (let’s say 4) on defense AND their next top 51 toons placed on defense is the issue. So I’m sorry that you aren’t understanding the basis of the conversation or the post. If you want to continue to straw man one excerpt of my post then I just simply won’t reply anymore and you can move on to another post to try and argue for the sake of it.

4.) Yes, theres an advantage to a certain point depending on mine or those who actually set a defenses’ placements. Overall it’s an unfair disadvantage to the person actually taking the time to set a defense.

5.) If you think GAC is fine as is, then that’s on you. Myself and many others know that the system as is needs changes. If you don’t, then god bless.

1. If it could become a problem you could consider adjusting your strategy accordingly f.ex. get another GL if you fall short or improve your offense.

2. Setting all 4 apparently is a winning strategy against you.

3. I read your OP, where you wrote:
    Facing 4 GL’s on defense when you only have 3 is insane.

4. If autodeploying is an advantage why do you set a manual defense yourself?

Lmao oh my oh my.

1. If it could become a problem you could consider adjusting your strategy accordingly f.ex. get another GL if you fall short or improve your offense.

2. Setting all 4 apparently is a winning strategy against you.

3. I read your OP, where you wrote:
    Facing 4 GL’s on defense when you only have 3 is insane.

4. If autodeploying is an advantage why do you set a manual defense yourself?

1.) “get another GL”. Sure lemme just spend a few hundred dollars or get one a few months later. Yet again you’re still missing the point.

2.) Being unable to full clear because of 55 top roster toons, including GL’s, does not mean I lost. Again? Missing the point.

3.) You read the OP and continue to only quote one part of it, while also excluding the “ and I can’t full clear because I’m facing no less than 3 GL’s on defense and a cluster of high relic toons”: So, like you have been this whole time, are missing the point and sounding ridiculous in the process.

4.) Not my cup of tea. Sorry.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

I should. Can I borrow your credit card? I’m just gonna buy a few vaults for those relic materials and core gear I need. Whatcha think? JMK or SEE? Not bothering with LV

You could have also avoided the bloat that matches you with 4 GL’s when you have 3.

Imo, a good solution to this issue would be if cg weighted wins more.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

You could have also avoided the bloat that matches you with 4 GL’s when you have 3.

Imo, a good solution to this issue would be if cg weighted wins more.

I mean, I have SLKR, Rey and JML. The only ones for SEE are tied into Slkr and the ones for JMK tied into Executor. It’s a pick your poison thing.

That could work honestly with some tweaks