340 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    lol
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    Just had that happened and was shocked and came here to see what da f? Lol
  • Options
    One bug among so many others in this conquest…
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I would assume that this is a bug that has to do with the spaghetti code nonsense to do with reflecting damage in the GR nodes, and the insta kill from savage doing an arbitrarily large amount of damage rather and just not displaying it rather than defeating like an annihilate, etc since he's a legacy unit and may have never been updated to work like nihilis/CAT, and YET ANOTHER layer of poor coding is overwriting the GR reflect that says it can't defeat units this way
  • Options
    I would assume that this is a bug that has to do with the spaghetti code nonsense to do with reflecting damage in the GR nodes, and the insta kill from savage doing an arbitrarily large amount of damage rather and just not displaying it rather than defeating like an annihilate, etc since he's a legacy unit and may have never been updated to work like nihilis/CAT, and YET ANOTHER layer of poor coding is overwriting the GR reflect that says it can't defeat units this way

It’s not coded as insta-kill, it says “deal massive damage” in his ability description. Which is obviously the problem, but it was never meant to act like Annihilate does in regards to damage. Although I could see that being the intention back in the day since no toon could ever have that much health at 50%. They probably should update it, or at the very least update the Conquest mod to not affect Savage’s ability.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Options

It’s not coded as insta-kill, it says “deal massive damage” in his ability description. Which is obviously the problem, but it was never meant to act like Annihilate does in regards to damage. Although I could see that being the intention back in the day since no toon could ever have that much health at 50%. They probably should update it, or at the very least update the Conquest mod to not affect Savage’s ability.

This, and it states it can defeat enemies. There is nothing wrong with this from the way it is written or coded.

Not sure about the intention. I would guess they would say this is WAI, and just a "bad strategy".
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This, and it states it can defeat enemies. There is nothing wrong with this from the way it is written or coded.

Not sure about the intention. I would guess they would say this is WAI, and just a "bad strategy".

What do you mean it can defeat enemies? Have you actually read the whole sentence?

While I am not sure an english teacher would approve the sentence itself, it prety much states the exact opposite.
  • Options
    Lol where did he go ?
  • Options

That ish is wild lol. GG CG.
  • Options
    I don't see a bug. I see a unit dealing massive damage to another unit that reflects damage. Everything seems to be working as intended here.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It says reflected damage can't defeat enemies. It is worded terribly, but I challenge you to find another video example where reflected damage defeats the attacking unit, where it is not 'massive damage'.

For example use a JKA to aoe the whole team and deal something like 1,000,000 damage total. He will not die from it. He will be left with a sliver of red.

It's a bug.
  • Options
    @SnakesOnAPlane what will the next “Worlds First” be? I bet I can get Stormy to sign on and make a cameo. Do they even have any new raids in the pipe?
  • Disruptor92
    842 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    World's first Savage self-defeat!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

What do you mean it can defeat enemies? Have you actually read the whole sentence?

While I am not sure an english teacher would approve the sentence itself, it prety much states the exact opposite.

Sorry, I misread the ability.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    delete
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    I no longer blame the devs for stuff like this; I blame the higher-ups. It’s become apparent that they are more concerned with meeting release dates than pushing out a quality product. With this amount of bugs, the dev team needs help. How about re-investing some of that revenue into expanding the dev team?

Most companies would take a step back and realize this is not a prudent path to continue down: prioritizing releasing buggy content instead of taking the necessary time to fix it. Combine that with the recent community sentiment that feedback isn’t being acknowledged, and the perceived increased push to generate revenue, and it makes for a worrisome combination.

I love this game too much. Please do right by it and either expand the dev/QA team, or wait until updates are properly ready to be released.

Add another 2-week sprint if you have to, but pushing out buggy content, combined with an increased emphasis on monetization, is a terrible and potentially detrimental decision.
  • Options
    Can't defeat enemies is pretty close to can defeat enemies. After all there's only a 't difference it's basically the same thing, no?
  • Options
    Can't defeat enemies is pretty close to can defeat enemies. After all there's only a 't difference it's basically the same thing, no?

Yes the “t” is silent so very much the same
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    I no longer blame the devs for stuff like this; I blame the higher-ups. It’s become apparent that they are more concerned with meeting release dates than pushing out a quality product. With this amount of bugs, the dev team needs help. How about re-investing some of that revenue into expanding the dev team?

Most companies would take a step back and realize this is not a prudent path to continue down: prioritizing releasing buggy content instead of taking the necessary time to fix it. Combine that with the recent community sentiment that feedback isn’t being acknowledged, and the perceived increased push to generate revenue, and it makes for a worrisome combination.

I love this game too much. Please do right by it and either expand the dev/QA team, or wait until updates are properly ready to be released.

Add another 2-week sprint if you have to, but pushing out buggy content, combined with an increased emphasis on monetization, is a terrible and potentially detrimental decision.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious at this point that the dev team is some combination of overworked, understaffed, or underexperienced (due to turnover). Like the bugs in Geo DSTB look like someone new got assigned to fix the Executor issue, had no idea how the TB was originally designed, and in fixing the one bug they caused a whole bunch of new ones.

Something like the deathmark "fix" is just mind-boggling. There was clearly no QA at all, as attempting once would have pretty clearly shown that the bug wasn't actually fixed.

Something else I noticed - didn't the platoons that have bonuses for the enemy used to start at III and count down as they are filled? I could swear they are backwards now.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

Yeah, it is pretty obvious at this point that the dev team is some combination of overworked, understaffed, or underexperienced (due to turnover). Like the bugs in Geo DSTB look like someone new got assigned to fix the Executor issue, had no idea how the TB was originally designed, and in fixing the one bug they caused a whole bunch of new ones.

Something like the deathmark "fix" is just mind-boggling. There was clearly no QA at all, as attempting once would have pretty clearly shown that the bug wasn't actually fixed.

Something else I noticed - didn't the platoons that have bonuses for the enemy used to start at III and count down as they are filled? I could swear they are backwards now.

It was like it on Hoth, and it actually made more sense, that you are disassembling the platoons, but on geoTB this was never the case.
  • Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »

It was like it on Hoth, and it actually made more sense, that you are disassembling the platoons, but on geoTB this was never the case.

Huh...yes, I was mentally thinking of the AT-AT and was confused that the AT-TE doesn't work the same way. Very bad UI choice then and something that should be consistent across both TBs.
  • Options
    It says reflected damage can't defeat enemies. It is worded terribly, but I challenge you to find another video example where reflected damage defeats the attacking unit, where it is not 'massive damage'.

For example use a JKA to aoe the whole team and deal something like 1,000,000 damage total. He will not die from it. He will be left with a sliver of red.

It's a bug.

Mando’s Disintegrate will leave him at 1 as well.
  • Options
    Some platoons power up an ability for your side, and some power down an ability for your enemies.
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Some platoons power up an ability for your side, and some power down an ability for your enemies.

Yes, I understand that, but in Hoth the enemy abilities visually start with the III icon and move to gray as you fill them, while in Geo, the enemy abilities start at gray when at full power and move to III as you fill them.

The latter leads to some visual incongruity because when it says I, it means the enemy ability is at level 2 and vice versa.

In any case, it seems as if the UI was terrible and inconsistent the whole time and I just didn't notice until now.