Why is Dooku's shard drop-rate so terrible?

I know drops in this game can vary wildly - sometimes you can do a mission for 1 piece of grey gear 5 times in a row and not get a single one. However, Dooku's shard drop rate is absolutely ridiculous. Every other character's shard drop rate is perfectly fine, except Dooku's. I've gone multiple days in a row a few different times without getting a single one of his shards, and there's a post on Reddit about this where people state that they've sometimes gone an entire week without getting one shard. What is the reason/meaning for this? Is this a bug? Can you please fix this so it doesn't take a literal year to give him a few stars?

Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/3xtyel/its_impossible_to_farm_dooku/

Replies

• Drop rates are all over the place. Ive been farming Anakin. I got 1 shard for 12 drops over the last two days. Its very frustrating. If I had to guess Id say they reduced drop rates recently.
  • I feel your pain... Took me forever to get him to 4*... Working on 5 now so I figure another month!
  • If I get 1 shard from the 6 attempts each day, I'm usually happy.
  • I also suspect the rates drop the closer you are to starring up...I've noticed this with other toons
  • @Crymsonkyng , Ive been suspicious of that very thing.
  • I got Dooku to 25 shards with not much frustration. The last 5 shards? Close to 60 attempts
  • There you have it.Another player averaging 1 shard for every 12 tries.
  • I'm pulling Dooku shards about 25% of the time. Hardmode is a joke. Every single character should be farmable from arena, gw, cantina shipments, or cantina levels. People who spend money on this game will always have a huge advantage anyway in leveling.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    @CG_AaronNemoyten has previously stated that drop rates are lower for higher level gear, which stands to reason that hero shards may not have the same drop rates, and I'm fairly certain this is the case, as it took me no time at all to 7★ Talia.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Tell me about it, dooku is my favorite char and I thought grtting 50 would be so easy..... Sitting at 42 and I've been non stop grinding him since day one in November. Oh but I got bobba 4* in bronze today, so that's nice
  • Keaven wrote: »
    shards may not have the same drop rates, and I'm fairly certain this is the case, as it took me no time at all to 7★ Talia.

This seems likely. Kylo shards are stupid easy too get, as well as JC
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Pretty sure it's just RNG.

I don't notice much variation in any of the shards I farm. Sure I get dry spells but it averages out to about 25-30% drop rate.
  • At equal stars, I still think Dooku is the best character in this entire game.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    At equal stars, I still think Dooku is the best character in this entire game.
    I think this is funny I'm in the top 5 on my server number 1 a lot and he is not even on my 2nd team..