Moff Gideon Control the Situation Zeta clarification please.

Agent_P_82
96 posts Member
edited September 2021
I'm curious as to the 50% increased offense for Attackers. Does that just mean they gain an offense buff or does it increase whatever offense the attacker currently has by 50%? Scenario is: Piett uses Imperial Ambition which gives Lord Vader the offense up buff; followed by Moff Gideon using Control the situation; which gives 50% increased offense.
In theory, or taken in literal terms, that should be 100% offense for Lord Vader. When in application, it seems like he is just gaining an offense up buff from Gideon which just replaces and doesn't stack on top of Piett's buff like is stated.
Hopefully this makes sense. Can anyone clarify this for me? Could just be my perception that LV isn't doing damage that would be expected with 100% offense. Thanks.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7299 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It should stack with Offense Up.

That being said, he wouldn't necessarily do double damage with 100% Offense. If he has other sources of offense on the team, he might be going from +75% (random example) to +175%, which would be 2.75/1.75 = 1.57 or only a 57% increase in damage. So I don't know exactly how it would interact with his stacking Mastery, say. There could be numerous other interactions that could be reducing damage.

The best you could do is to take several videos of having neither bonus, both bonuses, and one or the other, and compare all possible factors between both situations to see if it seems to be working.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It should stack with Offense Up.

That being said, he wouldn't necessarily do double damage with 100% Offense. If he has other sources of offense on the team, he might be going from +75% (random example) to +175%, which would be 2.75/1.75 = 1.57 or only a 57% increase in damage. So I don't know exactly how it would interact with his stacking Mastery, say. There could be numerous other interactions that could be reducing damage.

The best you could do is to take several videos of having neither bonus, both bonuses, and one or the other, and compare all possible factors between both situations to see if it seems to be working.

Thanks for the response. I dont really know if its not working or its just my experience. But i did want to know if it stacked and i was reading it correctly.
    Much appreciated.