[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

  • For the most part I think this outline of updates looks fantastic, assuming it goes as well as most of us are hoping it well.

    The only downfall I find in this is that the first thing they decided to bring out with this is Relic 9. Literally no one is asking for relic 9 atm and everyone is asking for the gear crunch help.

    Why would you bring out the thing no one wants first?

    I'm going to do my best to stay positive with all this, lets hope it doesn't take them months like they are saying to roll out the part of this that everyone actually wants.
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    For crying out loud, play. your. own. game.
    Aeromagnifiers aren't the problem.

    Other changes are good, but I swear, every single post from CG includes something that they apparently think we should throw a party about, but anyone who's spent 5 minutes on this game can see is not the case (remember kryos were supposed to alleviate the gear crunch? ahahahahahahah)

    They dont expect anyone to throw a party, although Doja and Crumb to deserve one.

    The changes listed are only phase 1. They are aware there is more to all of this.

    They deserve sod all. They're doing nothing positive for the community.

    If this is how you feel, then you may little to understanding of what the job is they do.

    I run several businesses mate, if I was as obscure as them I wouldn't have any of them still running.

    Yet they are a billion dollar business (with millions of players) and we don't know who you are.
  • I am supportive of everything except the introduction of r9.

    On the other hand, while many people are both complaining about r9 and complaining that they won't have access to r9, I'm of the opinion that if they're going to introduce r9 the best way to do it is to make it so rare that no one has to worry about getting an r9 toon to compete.

    And if they're rare but required for the next GL? Fine. That just means that no one will be able to get that GL.

    In other words, if you're going to roll out r9, you might as well make it literally almost impossible to get, then r9 can comfortably exist in theory without me ever having to pay attention to it at all.
  • Lol at cg. We’re easing the gear crunch and adding r9 that no one wants that doesn’t really give enough of a bonus for all the gear required AND we are locking it behind being in a 300 million signed up for tw guild and win. It’ll be ignored until the next gl ship or character that’ll require it naturally.
  • It would be nice if you actually expanded the ability to obtain aeromagnifiers to people unable to run challenge pit if you're bringing in a new relic level.

    Finally, you are doing something to address the God awful grind fest that is gearing. You mentioned addressing G13 so I assume that means you are doing something about Kyros? It already requires 100 of them for each relic toon, but now newer toons need them for lower levels such as the insane amount needed for beskar trashadorian.

    The cynic in me questions why it has taken you this long to address something that was clearly wanted far more by players than trying to make every character irrelevant aside from GLs?

    Another suggestion for you would be to either lower the amount of crystals required to buy gear or reduce the cost of these crystals in your store. There is no real justification for the current pricing model other than pure greed. Nobody should be actively encouraged to spend such excessive amounts on a mobile game.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    pånøs wrote: »
    thanks for tempting me to leave my guild, guild I play with my friends because we lack 25m gp to reach R9 materials while in GAC your algorithm doesn't consider anything related to that. Half way solution again

    Many things are being handled in many steps. There are discussions around GAC going on also, just have to release things one step at a time.

    No you don’t.
  • It would be nice if you actually expanded the ability to obtain aeromagnifiers to people unable to run challenge pit if you're bringing in a new relic level.

    Finally, you are doing something to address the God awful grind fest that is gearing. You mentioned addressing G13 so I assume that means you are doing something about Kyros? It already requires 100 of them for each relic toon, but now newer toons need them for lower levels such as the insane amount needed for beskar trashadorian.

    The cynic in me questions why it has taken you this long to address something that was clearly wanted far more by players than trying to make every character irrelevant aside from GLs?

    Another suggestion for you would be to either lower the amount of crystals required to buy gear or reduce the cost of these crystals in your store. There is no real justification for the current pricing model other than pure greed. Nobody should be actively encouraged to spend such excessive amounts on a mobile game.

    But are they doing anything for the grind really? It’s obvious the next gl will require r9 on one probably more characters. The mats you can salvage for require 650 r4-9 salvage just to go from r8 to r9 plus the cantina mats and everything else.
  • Kyno
    32060 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.
  • Can we implement "sort by relic level" in game sometime soon? It's hard to figure out which toons I have might qualify for R9 when "sort by gear level" returns toons in a random order.
  • I swear, I hate all of these game updates because it just rewards the whales out there, makes it impossible for free to play players to even have a chance. Captial Games, your updates suck! Make this game enjoyable again!
  • First off, I want to say I really appreciate adjustments to TW matchmaking, it has been my least favorite gamemode for years, and this should at the very least help. I also think any moves to ease the sub-g13 gear crunch are super important, and creating a better supply of stun guns, cuffs, carbantis, and kyros is a good step in the right direction.
    I'm going to ignore r9 for now, I don't have the energy to worry about that, but this part of the post here I don't like. r8 requires 2 materials, aeromagnifiers and impulse detectors. Anyone who is not completing CPit and is only getting r8 materials from conquest will not benefit from this change. Anyone who is doing CPit has more than enough aeromagnifiers, even if they are placing 50th every single raid.

    Here is my concern. With the introduction of characters and ships like Razor Crest, Commander Ahsoka Tano, and Maul to conquest scavenger nodes, there is no way anyone in their right mind would choose to not get shards of those characters, and spend their currency on Impulse Detectors as well. Because of that, the only source of Impulse Detectors is relegated to scrapping high-value gear in the scavenger. Given how valuable that gear already is on other characters, and how absurdly expensive it is to create even a few salvage, r8 is, even for those not doing CPit, gated primarily behind Impulse Detectors and the painful choice of scrapping very difficult to obtain gear in large quantities for 2 salvage.
    Because of that, this message is pretty insulting, as it states the intention of making r8 more accessible while in reality doing nothing. All this means is that people placing lower in CPit will be able to get 80 aeromagnifiers in the time it takes to get 20 impulse detectors instead of 60. As someone who is currently in need of r8, places at best top 30 in CPit, and still has 49 aeromagnifiers and only 2 impulse detectors, I don't see how this could possibly be helpful.

    ^^^ This guy gets it.

    I'll be thrilled if I don't keep seeing matchups with 2x or 3x difference in the # of GLs between teams.
    But it remains to be seen if these changes do that or not.

    The locking of Relic-9 behind 300+ mil guilds is a big slap in the face, and I don't use that term commonly like I've seen around here, but it felt appropriate after seeing the 300 mil block. It really is. We clear C-Pit at 280m & have quite a few Relic-8's already but no way we will suddenly hit 300 mil of SIGNED UP members for T-War anytime soon. So yeah, its an insult.

    What would have been good if it went down to 240 the first bracket that was over the old max & if you got 1 for a loss & 3 for a win and went up 1 for winners every 2 brackets or so and kept losses at 1 regardless of size.
    You'd still end up around 5-6 at the 380 figure but it might not cause a giant exodus of players to get into the highest GP guild possible like appears to be coming now.

    My guild is only 2 months into finally clearing C-Pit & the writing is already clear that Aero's isn't the issue, its the freaking G12 gear conversion so till they stop with the insane conversion rates & calling for in demand pieces instead of the one's we have hundreds of that don't get used much this is basically a "meh" change.

    And can we get a definition of exactly what "Gear" v/s "Core Gear" entails?

    Thanks CG for another half solution after a year of waiting. Another reason I'm glad I stopped spending.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.

    I am sure you are ready to back this up with links and sources. I somehow get the feeling that you wont. If you still do thanks in advance.

  • Just saw the datamine $150 to go from r8 to r9 for one character. It’s so bad I can only laugh. Sadly people will pay it.
  • Kyno
    32060 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.

    I am sure you are ready to back this up with links and sources. I somehow get the feeling that you wont. If you still do thanks in advance.

    Please feel free to search yourself, you are saying its false, you can prove that with links, right?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.

    I am sure you are ready to back this up with links and sources. I somehow get the feeling that you wont. If you still do thanks in advance.

    Please feel free to search yourself, you are saying its false, you can prove that with links, right?

    By all means, you have the constraint of proof here, not me. You said you saw near-identical posts to this so I challenge your argument for proofs.

    If you want me to support my own argument i can just link any threads, and there wont be any.
    But you know this way better than I do, dont you.
    .

  • I think it's a step forward. Just that for others, it is a giant leap.

    Pro:
    - Purple gear increase (Yet not specified how much??)
    - CRancor flattening of rewards
    - Update of shard Shop
    - Sort of solve sand bagging in TW


    Cons:
    - Relic crunch made worse with R9
    - And by Relics, I mean all Relic materials (Relic is a huge topic on its own)

    From what I'm seeing, the new and top tier players are covered. But those in the middle are taking the biggest hit.

    My suggestion:
    - G12 and G13 Gear increase for players to reach Relics faster
    - Increase the relic rewards (NOT drop frequency) of mats up till R5. This is in view that we need R5 / R8 toons for GLs.

  • It would be nice if you actually expanded the ability to obtain aeromagnifiers to people unable to run challenge pit if you're bringing in a new relic level.

    Finally, you are doing something to address the God awful grind fest that is gearing. You mentioned addressing G13 so I assume that means you are doing something about Kyros? It already requires 100 of them for each relic toon, but now newer toons need them for lower levels such as the insane amount needed for beskar trashadorian.

    The cynic in me questions why it has taken you this long to address something that was clearly wanted far more by players than trying to make every character irrelevant aside from GLs?

    Another suggestion for you would be to either lower the amount of crystals required to buy gear or reduce the cost of these crystals in your store. There is no real justification for the current pricing model other than pure greed. Nobody should be actively encouraged to spend such excessive amounts on a mobile game.

    Wait until you start trying to gear your badbatch squad =p It's something like over 1k total kyros to get them all to G13

  • Is the additional reward structure for TW going to be expanded on soon? All I've seen up to now is the contents of mystery boxes but nothing that relates to what you actually receive for a win.

    Currently seeing, for example, 15 bronzium wiring or 10 zinbiddle as a reward.
    Is it both?
    If not, is it based on chance?
    If so, what % per piece?
  • Kyno
    32060 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.

    I am sure you are ready to back this up with links and sources. I somehow get the feeling that you wont. If you still do thanks in advance.

    Please feel free to search yourself, you are saying its false, you can prove that with links, right?

    By all means, you have the constraint of proof here, not me. You said you saw near-identical posts to this so I challenge your argument for proofs.

    If you want me to support my own argument i can just link any threads, and there wont be any.
    But you know this way better than I do, dont you.
    .

    I'm sorry if you have not been here for each event release you mentioned, but yes players spoke about it destroying their guild, because players will move to better guilds who can get it, or get it faster.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.

    I am sure you are ready to back this up with links and sources. I somehow get the feeling that you wont. If you still do thanks in advance.

    Please feel free to search yourself, you are saying its false, you can prove that with links, right?

    By all means, you have the constraint of proof here, not me. You said you saw near-identical posts to this so I challenge your argument for proofs.

    If you want me to support my own argument i can just link any threads, and there wont be any.
    But you know this way better than I do, dont you.
    .

    I'm sorry if you have not been here for each event release you mentioned, but yes players spoke about it destroying their guild, because players will move to better guilds who can get it, or get it faster.

    Internet slang names this as "source: trust me dude.". Sure thing.

  • Relic 9 doesnt matter for 99% of us, so most of us should just ignore it.

    I am seeing a lot of complaints about Relic 8/9 in this thread.

    Until recently I was not able to acquire the aeromagnifiers for Relic 8. I was the leader of a guild that had a good small core group of players trying to push for C Rancor and better LS TB.

    However, after a while I realized that with out destroying the guild it was never going to be what I wanted, we didn't have enough people dedicated to gearing required toons to help the guild progress vs their own desires.

    So I made the hard choice to leave the guild I have been apart of for nearly 5 years. We were a 240m GP guild that could not complete C Rancor due to 2/3rds of the guild being laid back players.

    A buddy invited me to join his guild, which thankfully was already completing the C Rancor and in return I bring a KAM ready squad to help them with KAM shards.

    Long story short, I had to join a guild where the players were more of the mindset I am which is how to help guild over myself. Many I think will realize this is how they play but the vast majority of players do not.

    Relic 8 is likely meant to be for the top 20% of the players in game who are willing to dedicate their rosters towards a guild goal over personal goals of which characters/squads you want to gear up. I think them making the changes to aeros is a nice change on C Rancor raid.

    If you are worrying about relic 8 then you should be able to turn all your GW currency into shards for shard shop currency in which you can buy pieces for the salvage for R8.

    R9 you shouldn't even be worrying about unless you are in like a top 100 guild.

    The rest of this gear crunch relief is something we've all be begging for and now that it's here people are wanting kyros and R8 materials to be apart of it.

    CG still has to make money, and if we can stop spending crystals on things like stun guns and stun cuffs etc we will be in a drastically better position then we've been in for the past 3 years or so. Kyros and Relic 8 and now Relic 9 mats are going to be where they make their money.

    Look at it this way, with spending less crystals on things like stun guns/cuffs etc we'll be able to spend those crystals on things like signal data or kyros to help speed up our gearing to a point that is still much faster than what we currently have.

    I didn't expect the gear crunch relief to have anything to do with relics period. However even in TW now we will get some relief with Relic 1-7.

    There is a lot more positive in what these updates are going to bring than negative. The only thing I wish they'd of done differently here was worry about the gear crunch release first then bring out R9.



  • I love how they STILL have not given us a use for Mk 12 ArmaTek Tactical Data for Relics but R9 now requires some of the most heavily demanded G12 pieces of all.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.

    I am sure you are ready to back this up with links and sources. I somehow get the feeling that you wont. If you still do thanks in advance.

    Please feel free to search yourself, you are saying its false, you can prove that with links, right?

    By all means, you have the constraint of proof here, not me. You said you saw near-identical posts to this so I challenge your argument for proofs.

    If you want me to support my own argument i can just link any threads, and there wont be any.
    But you know this way better than I do, dont you.
    .

    I'm sorry if you have not been here for each event release you mentioned, but yes players spoke about it destroying their guild, because players will move to better guilds who can get it, or get it faster.

    Internet slang names this as "source: trust me dude.". Sure thing.

    Sith raid: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1602467#Comment_1602467

    HAAT: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1091247#Comment_1091247

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1193764#Comment_1193764

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1091077#Comment_1091077

    I’m too lazy to find more but rest assured that people have been whining about XYZ destroying guilds since guilds were added to the game. Not new and will likely be a regular thing until the servers are shut down.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

    With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

    Can you specify the bad parts for them?

    Your fundamental misunderstanding of the very game you moderate absolutely amazes me. These gear changes aren't anywhere near significant enough to bring mid tier guilds up to CPit level, at least not any time soon - by any measure whatsoever.

    Gating just about anything in a collection game behind end game guilds only is already a reasonably disgusting move to begin with. This is a multiplayer game. MP games are meant to encourage play with friends. CG has done nothing but encourage me (and thousands of others) to leave a guild because I (we) am completely and utterly shut out of any upcoming meta. That is a resounding issue for many. I shouldn't be forced to leave company I like because of CG's incompetence. The community is one of the prime reasons players play. People like people.

    Continuing to gate like this is going to cause many to quit. Why this is such a difficult concept for CG and co. to grasp is beyond me. SWGOH has already flopped to the lowest level in years with the nerfs and conquest changes. Many have quit. Many will continue to quit.

    We are all well aware next to no one working for CG play the very game they work on. It would be decent of you all to at least make it appear as if you're aware of the issues.

    You have two major issues with relic 8 - aeromagnifiers being gated behind end guilds, and impulse detectors requiring such an unbelievable amount of high end materials that those who even do have access to magnifiers are a complete wash and wasting away with said magnifiers. So CG's idea is "oh hey, let's continue to gate magnifiers, flatten out the rewards in CPit, leave them inaccessible every well else still (especially due to the conquest changes), and impulse detectors... nah who cares about those. Oh yeah and here's relic 9, another gear level that is even further gated behind even deeper end game guilds."

    At this point it's absolutely comical the decisions CG has made this year. It's one of the single biggest troll jobs in gaming history. Oh but hey you're giving players a couple dozen extra stun guns a week. That totally solves gearing issues.

    At least I can thank CG for working on the matchmaking with TW. That is definitely something that has been needed.. Naturally they haven't gotten around to fixing GAC's hilariously broken matchmaking but I'll reserve judgment there as I do believe that will happen sooner or later.

    Tl;dr CG has done next to nothing to help mid tier guilds and their players, in any way shape or form. They've encouraged us to quit the game. Crap is still disgustingly gated to end game guilds oknly. We get a few more stun guns. TW matchmaking is getting a fix.

    Wow, solid stuff here.

    Ever time a guild event is added or changed this happens. This is not a goal set out to be a "kick in the teeth" as some put it. It is a natural by product of a system where development is a goal.


    Absolutely not true. Not every guild event induces an earthquake. Granted, we cannot know for sure at this point IF this will induce an earthquake, I am just betting that it will, and it will be the biggest so far.
    If you want to bring a relavant analogy, you can come with the DSTB. In the DSTB (not quoting, paraphrasing) we had an arbitrary, 80M GP limit for participating. Aaaaand we had an official reason for that: smaller guilds would just bang their head against the wall, we wont allow that. I think someone CG-related even said that guilds around the bar should hope to score 1-2 stars. Then first TB started, and guilds around 95 million scored 10+ (12) stars. So the argument seemed to be a little bit... flawed, shall we say. That was the first time we got an arbitrary bar which actually did not serve the community as per the reason it was created in the first place. The only difference is that 80 million (back in the days) was still a relatively low league, average of GP 1.6M.... not that high to be honest. So it might have caused an uproar in the lower regions, and probably did induce some player movements, it was nowhere near this scale.

    LSTB had a similar bar, but again, by the time it was introduced the bar was set to be relatively low.

    ChPit is NOT a good example, because while it contained an arbitrary bar (r5) it is an individual restriction, not a guild restriction. If you cannot participate in ChPit, you can move wherever you want and still wont be able to participate. Jumping to a higher guild to get carried.... rewarded you 1-2 Aero and while some players might have done this, probably there was no mass exodus.

    Using guilds as institutions to prevent players from playing endgame content is a horrible idea, and while it did already happen with the GeoTBs, the bars were low. To put it in another perspective: guilds that were 80M GP at the start of DSGeo could have bee roughly at around 150M+ at the start of the LSGeo, or close enough. Those people were keeping up with the game. There is zero chance that a guild of 150M back then is around 300M now. The math simply doesnt add up, I have.... medium sized sample of statictical data, how much weight a guild gains over time.

    So I will sum it up for you: first of all it is not a natural byproduct, it is pretty much ann artificial byproduct and it doesnt happen every single time. Now, i will give you that we still dont know if it will happen this time, but I feel that it will, and I find it really sad.

    I have not seen a single guild event come out and this not get posted. Yes that is 100% true.

    Each time, they come out, guilds get broken up, and or shifted, and players have an issue that bigger players are going to leave smaller guilds. Yes this was the same for each event you are listing, no this is not bigger, sure it is different, just like each other time.

    You cannot have a progressive system that gives everything out to "everyone". Yes this is a natural byproduct of that system, which is the game and many other games out there. Sure they could have moved the line, but it would cause the same issue just in a different spot.

    I am sure you are ready to back this up with links and sources. I somehow get the feeling that you wont. If you still do thanks in advance.

    Please feel free to search yourself, you are saying its false, you can prove that with links, right?

    By all means, you have the constraint of proof here, not me. You said you saw near-identical posts to this so I challenge your argument for proofs.

    If you want me to support my own argument i can just link any threads, and there wont be any.
    But you know this way better than I do, dont you.
    .

    I'm sorry if you have not been here for each event release you mentioned, but yes players spoke about it destroying their guild, because players will move to better guilds who can get it, or get it faster.

    Internet slang names this as "source: trust me dude.". Sure thing.

    Sith raid: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1602467#Comment_1602467

    HAAT: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1091247#Comment_1091247

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1193764#Comment_1193764

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1091077#Comment_1091077

    I’m too lazy to find more but rest assured that people have been whining about XYZ destroying guilds since guilds were added to the game. Not new and will likely be a regular thing until the servers are shut down.

    Fair enough, I stand corrected. I also salute your simping, well done. Maybe things will turn out just great. We shall see.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Things to keep in mind:

    This is the first phase of addressing the gear economy, not the final phase.
    The TW MM changes are meant to create more competitive match-ups and discourage sandbagging.

    Being less secretive about the full plan might help...

    If the MM algorithm were known to the public, then the concern is it would be easier to exploit. So, we're not gonna elaborate on it more than a high-level view.

    This is understandable, but also doesn't show much confidence that it is really any good, if you are concerned about it being exploited.

    Matchmaking is algorithm, and every algorithm can be exploited

    I mean, I doubt any top software company can be confident about their product if their source code was leaked
    Never heard of open source software? Linux, Firefox, Python etc.
Sign In or Register to comment.