JML base protection calculation post update

Prev1
mesa176750
663 posts Member
edited September 2021
hue0ty2g1pmk.jpg

I love this change, but I want to make sure this is WAI. You can see my Hoda assist dealing almost 100k damage from JML lead. This is great, it gives a huge boost to JML, but I want to see if this is a bug.

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Clearly something has changed on how his base protection is calculated and he's now dishing out waaay more damage. While I was able to do about 80k bonus damage with Inherited Teachings before, it's now a whopping 143k.
    This can't be WAI right?

lw4f4qgrtz2h.jpg
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Clearly something has changed on how his base protection is calculated and he's now dishing out waaay more damage. While I was able to do about 80k bonus damage with Inherited Teachings before, it's now a whopping 143k.
    This can't be WAI right?

lw4f4qgrtz2h.jpg
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Interesting
  • lifeisagame007
    99 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    yeah I noticed increased damage as well, not complaining as climbing vs JMK became a lot easier :)
    before I was doing 57k, now over 90k!
    Post edited by lifeisagame007 on
  • I think it now considers protection after the 10% boost per relic level. Mine did with 100k protection about 60k damage (60% from the ability). Now I do 101k which is exactly 100k x 1.7 x 0.6 so seems like before it was (correctly?) just using base protection. Should be a bug then or a highly welcomed buff to JML B)
  • Sweet
  • So with R9 and this bug/buff he is back to the top of the meta?
  • I'm enjoying the roller coaster of this character while I've been farming him, I'm sure by the time i sort the last 3 toons out he will be back down again.
  • It's now including the GL unique. I have asked if it's a bug or intentional, but they are not awake yet.

Will certainly make JMK counter easier if not reversed right away.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Side note: Anyone know if the change is effective in the current GAC?
  • it will make JML a beast on defense as well, not anymore easily stomped by SEE
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Side note: Anyone know if the change is effective in the current GAC?

A change like this will be active in the current GAC.
  • Its harder to kill with Rey too
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    DEATHER wrote: »
    Its harder to kill with Rey too

Oh, her lifeblood is including her unique too and previously didn't I guess? I would say this is WAI but JML is not
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Can confirm this is live in GAC and makes JML extremely strong.

This is also happening in conquest, but a bit differently. I think what is happening is that JML gets 2 modifications to his max HP after the start of battle: disks like leader resolve and the GL unique. The game seems to be confused and is using both of those to trigger damage. I’m probably wrong about this though since I can’t recreate it outside of this screenshot.

e2jzuyeq6ss9.jpeg

My normal damage is ~55k, so 94k is ~70% boost for the GL unique bonus and 112k is ~ 100% boost for my 35% vitality and 65% leader resolve disks.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    DEATHER wrote: »
    Its harder to kill with Rey too

Oh, her lifeblood is including her unique too and previously didn't I guess? I would say this is WAI but JML is not

You mean Rey is the bug and JML is not.
  • Based on JKL's "base speed" taking into account mods and leadership/unique at the start of battle, then JML's "base protection" should include his mods, mastery-boosted protection, and GL unique at the start of battle. Maybe he's been underperforming this whole time!
  • I feel that recently all other GLs have been buffed except JML, so this feels fair. Honestly JML should be dealing more if it were to take into account leadership and jedi legacy, but I guess not...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    We have reached out for further clarification, hopefully we can get a decisive answer on this subject today
  • So get your GAC battles in before any patch folks!
  • ozwz4vrpgjwm.jpg
    I'll take this hold
  • CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    520 posts EA Community Manager
    edited September 2021
    We have reached out for further clarification, hopefully we can get a decisive answer on this subject today

I pinged devs. They are aware and investigating. It is not WAI.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Thanks Doja!
  • I just hope JML is well benefited as intended.
    All the other legends were given loved, but GAS and JKL were nerfed.
    RyanFitz
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    FrankFitz wrote: »
    I just hope JML is well benefited as intended.

JML is too strong though (every Jedi hitting for 180k+)
  • Ultra wrote: »

Sad day.

I can confirm that it's the unique being added in. I was just trying to calculate what the R9 damage would be, little did I know I was confirming a bug.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/pyoaqp/for_your_consideration/
    FrankFitz wrote: »
    I just hope JML is well benefited as intended.

JML is too strong though (every Jedi hitting for 180k+)

😕 am hoping he's still awesome once it is working as intended.
    RyanFitz

Bummer…this was fun…why do you hate fun?

But really, why *shouldn’t* this ability include the GL unique? Besides the fact that it’s obviously overpowered? Maybe keep the unique inclusion but scale the percentage damage back? Greater reward for higher relic level.