idea: new ability unlock event

Devian
669 posts Member
edited October 2021
Thought if it's better to post this suggestion here or at the event category, but this event influences characters so decided to post here.

Idea is simple.
  • New type of events like some legendaries (yoda or c3po)
  • In this events some characters that meet requirements will engage their mortal enemies to acquire their own unique zeta-like material that unlocks new ability (special or unique).
  • To engage in this event player will require character in question of significant relic power and additional requirements of few other characters. For example Mace Windu relic 7-8 and some jedi of r3-5-7 or something.
  • Some characters may have some additional cinematics or locations, but mostly there is not much need of it. And few dialogs to represent each moments is mandatory.
  • like I suggested above, this type of event reminds some like Yoda's are c3po's or those ones like resitanse. There is 1 or 2 waves and even thought it needs characters of fixed power, it requires really strong characters to finish it (6e mods)
Example,
new unique or special added to Anakin Skywalker(e3). but to unlock it player needs some special material that only is available from his own special event..
So, to engage it, player needs Anakin r8, JK r7, r2d2 r5, arc trooper r5. random 501st.
Then he confronts Dooku and if defeated, player gains that material and unlocks new ability.

Why such event is needed and good opportunity.
Some old characters like Tattoine Luke(for example) needs rework. But there is nothing for free so making him(iconic character) update requires compensation. Such events can help with updating old characters like Lando or non-usable characters like Kit Fisto or Mace Winduw and give compensation for the work done.

Replies

• Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    So, ults, but for non gls....
    I didn't mention any ult in this. I specified special or unique,
    Idea for semi-ultimate was in other topic and it was presented as a lot harder challenge requiring GLs and only implemented to epic characters
    This is simply a good possibility to stimulate process of reworking some characters. Making it worth the time of doing any upgrade.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I’d rather have them get a rework though…I don’t see why they need an event, and relic character requirements just to get a new ability.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Xcien wrote: »
    I’d rather have them get a rework though…I don’t see why they need an event, and relic character requirements just to get a new ability.
    If I remember correctly, reworking characters for is time consuming just as creating new ones. And reworks only good for players and won't give any profit, unless there will be some character that boosts others. And characters like Kit Fisto won't benefit from other character's upgrade because there are better ones to fill the spot. Here come question, how to make an old character profitable? And my solution is this idea - making events for such characters that boosts them.
    Also, this events can boost iconic characters with old mechanics.

Of course, we there is an option to create some small buff through one ability - but still it need time to check it's viability and influence.