Conquest 9

Legend91
2441 posts Member
Can we expect the same "cadence" here as with C7 -> C8 meaning there will be ~3 days between end of C8 and start of C9?
Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We dont have any real cadence on this set, just that all 3 were going to be in same 3 month time period.

So it could be anything that has it ending before the end of the month.
  • ClonesComm33
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    So Conquest 9 will be in October?
  • I dont know if I can handle another one in the current format...
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Conquest 9 will be the same as 8 according to Crumb. He said we can expect changes in conquest 10…..which means another 2 weeks of this nonsense….and I have to find a new guild as mine imploded due to R9….game is in a bad spot….but hey, more stun guns right….

I’m not seeing the same level of outrage for R9 as I did for conquest. Kind of bizarre since R9 has huge and lasting implications. None of them good.
  • jezmonster wrote: »
    I dont know if I can handle another one in the current format...

I am going to suffer through it. Once you fall behind on a conquest character you are permanently behind unless you want to wait forever for it to hit a node to farm. I will get maul but there is a price. I am really bored with the game at this point and I doubt I will continue at this pace for long. At least conquest 9 I can finish the BB feat reasonably quickly which will let me skip the scoundrels and another annoying 5 token feat of my choosing.
    Conquest 9 will be the same as 8 according to Crumb. He said we can expect changes in conquest 10…..which means another 2 weeks of this nonsense….and I have to find a new guild as mine imploded due to R9….game is in a bad spot….but hey, more stun guns right….

More stun guns?

I'm seeing R9 packs. Bargain!
    I'm seeing TW changes. Balance!
    I'm not seeing any gear changes. Bazinga!

I’m not seeing the same level of outrage for R9 as I did for conquest. Kind of bizarre since R9 has huge and lasting implications. None of them good.

R9 is an irritating drain on guilds, but it’s one that has some precedent (Traya, Gear 12, Wat, even R8). Those were pushed through and later lessened.

Conquest 7 was directly making something easy and fun into challenging and grindy. And then Conquest 8 just made it more so after radio silence.
  • We need a break.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We need a break.

And a beer.
  • If they ever wanted to make people hate conquest, who didn't already hate conquest, then this is the way to do so.
  • C7 I was active like 4-5 days and got the 2nd best chest. C8 I got back the better part of my motivation and played to max crate. I had to constantly play for 10 days straight. And that is only next to TW/TB, squad and ship arena, GAC and any Events.

There are still no proper mod management tools ingame, so that is all extremely time consuming. And if all of this wasn’t enough, now you’ve got to manage up to 500(!) fights for one TW. I pity the officers trying to keep an oversight of that chaos.

So what most highend guilds will do is implement more Hot Bot Tools to have even the slightest chance of keeping track. Again this means more micro management and thus even more time going down the drain if you wanna play competitive and successful.

It was fun though to finally use some of the lesser used squads again like NS or the like. But honestly it just aint worth it.

Give us a break CG. Most of the players DO have a social life as well.
  • I'm looking forward to the next Conquest. Hunting for data disks is fun and now that we know the good combinations it is easier, the grind is lessened.

I have far more of an issue with new TW guild size thresholds for r9 rewards. It screws with guilds
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    C7 I was active like 4-5 days and got the 2nd best chest. C8 I got back the better part of my motivation and played to max crate. I had to constantly play for 10 days straight. And that is only next to TW/TB, squad and ship arena, GAC and any Events.

There are still no proper mod management tools ingame, so that is all extremely time consuming. And if all of this wasn’t enough, now you’ve got to manage up to 500(!) fights for one TW. I pity the officers trying to keep an oversight of that chaos.

So what most highend guilds will do is implement more Hot Bot Tools to have even the slightest chance of keeping track. Again this means more micro management and thus even more time going down the drain if you wanna play competitive and successful.

It was fun though to finally use some of the lesser used squads again like NS or the like. But honestly it just aint worth it.

Give us a break CG. Most of the players DO have a social life as well.

Also, remember that thread where they asked what TW/TB tools officers want? Nothing came of that and they gave us more TW to manage instead, talk about listening to the playerbase...