Shaak Ti Geonosis Territory Battle Update - affected players?

2Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    RezaTorin wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Roombya wrote: »
    What makes you an "affected player" to receive extra Wat shards and GET2?

Reached out to the devs. The items will be received by everyone in a guild that reached phase 3 of the affected Geo TB.

Sorry, how does this make any sense? The post was said to be justifying the compensation because the issue existed in Zone 3. Ok, but then how do you explain acknowledging the issue while Phase 1 was still going on? I’m not much of a detective but this doesn’t add up. Shaak was completely broken the entire TB. Why can’t that just be acknowledged? What is being done to fix it next time? Feels like all we want is an explanation of what happened. I don’t think I’m alone in feeling like the issue caused other guilds (including my own) from missing an additional star in P4 - are we seriously trying to say there was no issue in P1 special mission, and no issue in P4 Dooku, but something affected P3 and everything else was just *really really bad RNG*?

Sorry, but I don’t buy it.

How many DSTB stars and Wat shards did you get last month, and this month?

Normally 31, partial to 32. Missed 31 by 4 million this time. Definitely affected the awards we got. Not really worried about Wat shards - that didn’t seem to be an issue.

What's your guild?
  • Afected players i guees it means all players who participate in Geo DS, dont forget about Hoth DS
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Reached out to the devs. The items will be received by everyone in a guild that reached phase 3 of the affected Geo TB.

Sorry, how does this make any sense? The post was said to be justifying the compensation because the issue existed in Zone 3. Ok, but then how do you explain acknowledging the issue while Phase 1 was still going on? I’m not much of a detective but this doesn’t add up. Shaak was completely broken the entire TB. Why can’t that just be acknowledged? What is being done to fix it next time? Feels like all we want is an explanation of what happened. I don’t think I’m alone in feeling like the issue caused other guilds (including my own) from missing an additional star in P4 - are we seriously trying to say there was no issue in P1 special mission, and no issue in P4 Dooku, but something affected P3 and everything else was just *really really bad RNG*?

Sorry, but I don’t buy it.

How many DSTB stars and Wat shards did you get last month, and this month?

Normally 31, partial to 32. Missed 31 by 4 million this time. Definitely affected the awards we got. Not really worried about Wat shards - that didn’t seem to be an issue.

What's your guild?

ser040gg36e5.jpeg
  • Roombya wrote: »

By Phase 3, you mean zone 3? Phase for me is a time measurement and everyone get to Phase 3.

No phase 3 of the CM/SM, most CM/SM have 4 phases, some 2 phases and some just 1. Since P3 of the fights had Shaak-Ti, they will be compensating players that reached P3.
  • I miss the days that cg would compensate everyone even if a significant bug didn’t harm you specifically. I mean why do the work to discover who it impacted and not just compensate everyone?

Otherwise you get people who were impacted, like me, in that we couldn’t play a specific mission (chimera mission) but were not impacted by our reward amounts. Cg still screwed up in a way that prevented me from playing the mission which I actually enjoy.

The small amount of get currency and crystals for these make good rewards don’t meaningfully change things for anyone. They do act as a way to foster good will and trust. Instead we know cg would rather waste their resources identifying players who lost rewards instead of saying my bad here is a gift to everyone for our mistake.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I miss the days that cg would compensate everyone even if a significant bug didn’t harm you specifically. I mean why do the work to discover who it impacted and not just compensate everyone?

Otherwise you get people who were impacted, like me, in that we couldn’t play a specific mission (chimera mission) but were not impacted by our reward amounts. Cg still screwed up in a way that prevented me from playing the mission which I actually enjoy.

The small amount of get currency and crystals for these make good rewards don’t meaningfully change things for anyone. They do act as a way to foster good will and trust. Instead we know cg would rather waste their resources identifying players who lost rewards instead of saying my bad here is a gift to everyone for our mistake.

Carrie was really good at understanding user pain points and empathizing with the player base. It really felt like there were humans on the other side of the glass. Now, the announcements read like they were written by a bot.
  • Have you guys considered that those guilds probably couldn't reach Zone 3 thanks to Shaak Schwarzenegger? Those guys got royally screwed by her.
    "You get, NOTHING! You LOSE! Good day, sir!"
  • ZaKent wrote: »

By Phase 3, you mean zone 3? Phase for me is a time measurement and everyone get to Phase 3.

No phase 3 of the CM/SM, most CM/SM have 4 phases, some 2 phases and some just 1. Since P3 of the fights had Shaak-Ti, they will be compensating players that reached P3.

I'm pretty sure these are called waves

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I miss the days that cg would compensate everyone even if a significant bug didn’t harm you specifically. I mean why do the work to discover who it impacted and not just compensate everyone?

Carrie was really good at understanding user pain points and empathizing with the player base. It really felt like there were humans on the other side of the glass. Now, the announcements read like they were written by a bot.

And the player base recognised that and treated her with respect and empathy.

Oh. Hang on...
  • I'm disappointed that only PLAYERS who reached wave 3 but could not co.plete will get the reward. Rewards are shared for an ebtire GUILD. Why is my buddy getting compensated and not me when we both missed the same rewards from their failures?
  • Budgernaut wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that only PLAYERS who reached wave 3 but could not co.plete will get the reward. Rewards are shared for an ebtire GUILD. Why is my buddy getting compensated and not me when we both missed the same rewards from their failures?
    I think (hope) you’ve misunderstood the statement.

I’m pretty sure that every member of a guild that reached phase 3 of the TB will be compensated
  • I think it is stated that way to differentiate players who moved to a guild that had the bug but their last did hoth or didn't reach that territory and those that moved from a guild who did to one who did not.
  • Anyone actually receive the “compensation” yet or know when it’s paying out? Need those wat shards!
  • Binksy831 wrote: »
    Anyone actually receive the “compensation” yet or know when it’s paying out? Need those wat shards!

It should be with the next update this week. No word on the date yet.
  • LSTB is almost over and we still don’t have the make good from the last TB, how is this a thing?