OBG's SLKR F2P farming journey that hopefully doesn't suck.

The Objective

To take a f2p account from level 1 to 85 and beyond in the most efficient way possible, while focusing on an SLKR end game result. We aren't trying to get there in the minimum time but in the most efficient and rewarding time. The idea is to try to do well in both Squad & Fleet Arenas, as well as Galactic Challenges, Assault Battles, Guild Events and GAC

Thank you to @Intimmydation for this marvelous idea to share the journey. Hopefully I can do his excellent series justice with my attempt at an SLKR focused version.

The Reason
With the latest changes the only real counters to GL's are GL's. This means the more GL's you have the stronger you are in Arena and GAC. A direct, streamlined approach to GL farming gives you more GL's for less Galactic Power and faster while sacrificing some depth to your roster.

The Path
Geos/Jedi > Padme > SLKR

Squad Plans
This is roughly in order for how I plan to farm and level the characters for the respective teams. Some things will shift around we will see how it all plays out.

Team 1: Geos/Seperatists
Geo Soldier, Geo Spy, Geo Brood Alpha, Sun Fac, Poggle.
Nute Gunray will be lead until GBA is unlocked at L83.
MagnaGuard will be tank until Sun Fac is unlocked in Guild Store/Fleet store.

Team 2: Jedis
Jedi Knight Anakin, Ashoka, Yoda, Bastilla (L), Luminara
Qui-Gon Jinn will be farmed to unlock Yoda as the 5th Jedi.

Team 3: First Order
KRU (L), OG Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, FO SF Tie Pilot, FO Tie Pilot

Team 4: Bounty Hunters/Scoundrel
Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Bossk (L), Cad Bane, IG-88

Team 5: Empire - No rebels so no Palp or Thrawn
Darth Vader (L), Royal Guard, Tarkin, Tie Fighter Pilot, MagmaTrooper

Other Useful Information
- I will want to get into a good guild that is doing 3x Heroic Raids and DS Geo TB (probably LS Hoth TB).
- FLEET IS CRITICAL - Farm early and focus here (Geos Fleet as I will already be gearing said pilots)
- Pretty much all of the characters I will be farming and leveling will be used going forward.

Geonosians
3 of the 5 are pilots for your first fleet (and endgame fleet)
Used to unlock Padme at 7*
Needed for guild DS Geo TB for the special mission to get Wat Tambor shards
Excellent GAC defensive team

Jedi Squad
- Used in one Assault Battle
- Bastilla Lead in early game is one of the strongest leads and best GW teams since that bonus protection refreshes every fight.
- Unlocks Grandmaster Yoda

First Order
- Used in one assault battle
- Pilots are used for Finalizer unlock which is the long straw in the SLKR farm.

Bounty Hunters
- Used in one assault battle
- Many are scoundrels to help with credit heist which is critical to early game

Empire
- Used in one Assault Battle
- Unlocks R2D2
- Darth Vader is a very strong solo character.

Padme
- Arguably top Non-GL team in the game (GAS, DR, and CLS are the other 3 in some order)
- Will canabilize our Jedi team but we will rebuild it with leftovers.

Replies

• For anyone who would rather listen and watch than read. I also have a youtube series documenting this journey.
  • Freedud1
    39 posts Member
    edited October 5
    I am going this route. HDB makes a huge, huge, huge difference. Speeds up this by months. With HDB I went Geos and geo ships, then Jedi to get Yoda and now working on Padme.

One bottleneck is Galactic War tokens. You need these for Poggle and Geo ships so there isn't any left for any other farms. I would drop Luminara from Jedi team and put in Qui Jon as you can use cantina to get him. Otherwise you will not get poggle or Geo ships. But then you are splitting Catina tokens between two toons. Maybe do Kaanan from arena? Get Nute Gunray up to 5* then switch to Kannan. Nute will be geo lead until getting GBA unlocked, so don't need Nute 7*.
    Post edited by Freedud1 on
  • You also didn't mention ships. Need 7* Shuttle and it is only a single hard farm. At a 33% drop rate it will take 200 days to get it to 7*. Same for most of the other ships. If farming ships is not started early it will be several years before getting them all to 7*.

Another reason that I think going SLKR without HDB isn't a realistic path. Just too much to farm. I am interested in follow your experiment though.
  • I can confirm this is a succesful f2p way, as I have been pretty much following the same path with my alt account for about 6 months. If you would like to check that out, here is the swgoh.gg profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/819664766/
  • Nice roster for six months of play. Interesting idea putting Vader into geo squad.
  • Freedud1 wrote: »
    You also didn't mention ships. Need 7* Shuttle and it is only a single hard farm. At a 33% drop rate it will take 200 days to get it to 7*. Same for most of the other ships. If farming ships is not started early it will be several years before getting them all to 7*.

Another reason that I think going SLKR without HDB isn't a realistic path. Just too much to farm. I am interested in follow your experiment though.

My back of napkin math shows it will take about 16 months to get SLKR F2P from scratch. It can be done in about a year if you go full First Order and SLKR only requirements but then you end up with a REALLY crap roster for a year (and even after you have basically one team). That's why I am trying to find that happy middle ground where you get to SLKR faster than non-focused accounts but still have a good roster along the way.

• Freedud1 wrote: »
    I am going this route. HDB makes a huge, huge, huge difference. Speeds up this by months. With HDB I went Geos and geo ships, then Jedi to get Yoda and now working on Padme.

One bottleneck is Galactic War tokens. You need these for Poggle and Geo ships so there isn't any left for any other farms. I would drop Luminara from Jedi team and put in Qui Jon as you can use cantina to get him. Otherwise you will not get poggle or Geo ships. But then you are splitting Catina tokens between two toons. Maybe do Kaanan from arena? Get Nute Gunray up to 5* then switch to Kannan. Nute will be geo lead until getting GBA unlocked, so don't need Nute 7*.

If you ever want to spend money on SWGOH, and 100 dollars is in your budget it is far and away the best investment you can ever make. Nothing else in the game even comes CLOSE to that level of return.

I am very unhappy with the Jedi farm. I have QGJ as my 5th Jedi to get Yoda but you are right. Even if you get 1200 GW tokens a day (which is unlikely) that is 11 days of tokens to get a 7 star char (22 for 2), that is a lot of tokens that need to go to Geo Ships. Cantina farms are VERY crowded with Geo Soldier, Geo Spy, KRU and JKA (not to mention all the other Cantina farms for SLKR reqs like OG Kylo, Executioner, and Veteran Han plus all the relic Mats). I just don't know if you can fit Ezra into that farm.

Maybe you just wait on General Kenobi from HAAT. Its not like the Jedi are your Arena team or your main GW Team since that is Geos/Nute. At 6 per HAAT on sim probably twice a week that means 27 weeks to 7 star which is over 6 months. That's a long time.

• Week 1 Update:

8sdzp15vtwb2.png

rw93p5eysfcu.png

Good solid first week. Hit level 43, Geo Soldier to 7 stars (technically in 8 days), Arena hit 133 as a peak.

The Arena team is QGJ (L), JKA, Ashoka, Geo Soldier and whoever in the 5th (ST Han, Jedi Consular and Poggle all sliding in at various times). Slowly transitioning into a full Separatist team as they are unlocked.

Now that the Geo Soldier farm is finished and Geo Spy isn't unlocked until Level 46 so working on KRU for a bit until Level 46.

Alternating QGJ and Ashoka in Cantina Store. Nute and Kanaan in Squad Arena

Level 1, 1 Star Geo Soldier's Ship unlocked at Level 45 from the event and started at 10k power! Can't to turn him loose in Fleet Arena at Level 60.
  • OldBaldGuyGaming
    17 posts Member
    edited October 18
    End of Week 2 Update:

q4ku94iehlwz.jpg

h4yj1ixhisan.png

The teams are starting to come together.

- Geo Soldier to 7 stars on Day 8
    - Darth Vader unlocked on Day 10
    - Geonosian Spy unlocked at 4 stars in 3 days.
    - Sun Fac FINALLY unlocked from Guild Store (man does that store hate me)
    - Bastilla Shan at 14/25 from the Hard Node. A couple more days and both teams will be complete.

Primary focus right now is gearing up the Seperatist team. This will be my Arena team for quite awhile and set me up for fleet arena as well in a few levels.

Galactic War is a REAL REAL struggle. I haven't finished one in a week and am now 3 for 11 in GW's. The loss of the health and protection regen of Phoenix squad really hurts here.

Squad Arena is getting harder as I pivot to Seperatists the other players have started to pass me with their 7 star phoenix squads and Empire squads.

The Sep's/Jedi start is definately weaker than Phoenix/Empire pre-60. We should catch up quite a bit post-60 with Fleet income and stabilizing on a complete 7 star squad that is taking us longer to get to.

Video version of all this same info on my youtube series: