Rework Wat

mariogsh
785 posts Member
edited October 2021
With the nerf, he's kinda useless now, CG should rework Wat right now, he's only use is probably boosting JML, SEE and helping a lot on conquest feats, but he's blastech? It's completely useless now lol

I understand you guys wanted to delete the "Ignore defense" part, but everywhere else, you compensated that change with something else, a little bit of defense penetration on GAS basic, more offense on Jedi Will with JKL, protection recovery on DOT's with Darth Vader, but Wat got nothing else to compensate!

At least put some defense penetration % on blastech, increased offense, something that feels worth it, now it is just a "15% TM gain every enemy turn and no revives" and seems kinda weak

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A little bit of information here, when we asked about this case, when it was rolling out, the response we were given was that the previous change to no CD in his abilities, was intended to be that, but got rolled out earlier to deal with an issue that came up previous to this update.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    A little bit of information here, when we asked about this case, when it was rolling out, the response we were given was that the previous change to no CD in his abilities, was intended to be that, but got rolled out earlier to deal with an issue that came up previous to this update.

What do you mean? I'm a little bit lost here...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There was a change to his kit to resolve a different issue, I will go look for it. It happened the month or 2 earlier. The change they implemented was meant to be the "counter part" of the changes made around defense penetration, they just bumped it up because it worked to resolve "both situations"

They removed cooldowns from all his techs.
    There was a change to his kit to resolve a different issue, I will go look for it. It happened the month or 2 earlier. The change they implemented was meant to be the "counter part" of the changes made around defense penetration, they just bumped it up because it worked to resolve "both situations"

I thought that was stated as a bug

So, are we gonna get the ability to use, let's say, 3 med pacs at the same time?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

So, are we gonna get the ability to use, let's say, 3 med pacs at the same time?

No. Each ability can only be used once, but there is no cooldown after use. This allows you to get all 3 up on consecutive WAT moves.
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

No. Each ability can only be used once, but there is no cooldown after use. This allows you to get all 3 up on consecutive WAT moves.

I'm a kinda new Wat owner (less than a year)

Are you telling me that he had CD before?

Yet... that does not solve the problem IMHO
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes he did have a CD and was subject to CD manipulation. Now he is not.

As I said, I am just sharing the information. I understand this does not resolve your issue, but they do consider this the counter point that you are saying was there for other changes but not for WAT.
  • I'm pretty sure they didn't prevent cooldown manipulation until after conquest began and Deployable Cooling Systems were reducing the cooldowns and allowing the same tech to be given multiple times. If I'm remembering that correctly, it doesn't sound like they were preemptively buffing Wat, but just fixing a bug that happened to also prevent cooldown increases.

I'm not saying you're lying, Kyno, but their explanation feels weak.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    sb_stuartj wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they didn't prevent cooldown manipulation until after conquest began and Deployable Cooling Systems were reducing the cooldowns and allowing the same tech to be given multiple times. If I'm remembering that correctly, it doesn't sound like they were preemptively buffing Wat, but just fixing a bug that happened to also prevent cooldown increases.

I'm not saying you're lying, Kyno, but their explanation feels weak.

That's sounds right, I have not had a chance to search.

Correct they were fixing that issue, but they were using the "planned update" to his kit to do so.

I'm just sharing info.