Massively unreasonable pvp

So, after spending a fair amount, I'm about to rage quit this game. In pvp, I get losing to a stronger team based on tactics or strength. But my immunity hits at what seems like 66% or less than opposing sidious'. I also frequently get 2x stunned by opposing dooku's while mine almost never hit. And I seem to get only 1/2 to 2/3 the number of attacks of all my opponents. It's insanely frustrating. Is it supposed to be like this or do I just have terrible luck in my last 25 battles since the last update??? I've been as high as 13 on my server, but can't get above 20 now even refreshing with crystals and fighting lower powered opponents higher up the ladder. I just had a battle where my sidious was 0/3 immunity and the opponent was 4/4. He had 500 less power. Insane!!!!

Replies

• Just fought #22 from #27. He was 14.5k power, I was 16k. I hit 2/7 immunity with sidious, he hit 3/3 before I killed him. His dooku hit stun with 2/3 lightning attacks, 1 for double. Multiple ability blocks hit as well. I lost 2 guys since almost none (~1/3) of my specials hit, when I shouldn't have lost any. It kind of feels like there's something in the code to cripple your team and/or boost other teams for a while (or longer) once you make it past a certain rank.
  • I've noticed this as well. Something in the code is definitely putting the attacker at a disadvantage, and with certain teams it is nearly impossible to overcome. Especially the stun combos
  • Even if this is true, you do realize that when other players fight your squad (when you are defending your rank) those players are experiencing the same biased RNG as you are experiencing right?

However I doubt any bias based my own experience of handily beating players in arena that I should be losing to without question.
  • Power levels are a pretty vague measurement in regard to individual character stats. Remember that tenacity plays a large role in resisting negative effects. It could be that the cpu is targeting characters on your team with less tenacity than the characters you are targeting. You're rank 20 something? What the hell. Maybe they should just implement a data card with a cost 70,000 crystals that places you at rank 1 of your ladder.
  • Evaluating a teams strength in this game is difficult and like many said, there are anomalies that can occur, although they affect the attacker and defender similarly so in the end, there is no advantage.....
  • You guys may be totally right, but it still seems insane to me and keeps happening. For example, I just fought level 20 from 25, 17k vs 16.5k for me. I got 1 turn to his first 5, and it was my sidious who missed his. All 5 of his landed with effects and killed one of my guys. Then my next attack against his sidious was resisted and the 3rd missed. None of his missed or were resisted. My leader is luminara so should help dodge, whereas his was barris. I lost all 5 and he lost 0. Idk, it just seems to have changed in the last week and I can no longer make any sense of how my battles go. They all used to make sense to me and seem reasonable. I don't know if it's the patch or some nerf after you make top 20 to make it harder for a week or whatever, but it's definitely different. I also get attacked every day down to 60 or so and have to do a 50 crystal refresh to fight my way back up. I won't post any more updates since they seem to annoy people, this was more hope for a mod to look into it anyway. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Noticed the same in Arena and GW.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @GlobeMaster
    After the last update Sidious got boosted to avoid 35% of Jedi attacks. Also the AI get's a slight boost on defending since it suc-ked badly pre update. It's bad luck combined with a bit harder AI. Now Dooku really is becoming a problem in Arena and GW (tho I still don't think he is OP).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I feel like the defending ai has a much higher chance to proc their stuns, crits, bonus attacks way more often than when they are user controlled. I don't really have any solid evidence that it is true but that is the way it seems with my experience with the game so far. It can be pretty annoying sometimes but I still enjoy the game.
  • I agree, it does feel like there's a boost to the AI...
    Also... 16k power? My team is almost 18k and I'm still not even in the top 200...