Zealous ambition broken

Prev13
DarthKelin
48 posts Member
edited October 12
Zealous ambition data disk is broken this conquest. CG has yet to address it and cancel this conquest. So what’s up @CG_SBCrumb_MINI. Why are more data disks broken. Do y’all just like kittening off your customer base?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

  • Ultra
    8462 posts Moderator
    How is it broken?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    How is it broken?

    I didn't feel like I saw any offense boost at all after equipping it, toons like Tarkin, R2, and GMY had been hitting like trucks with that disc before. But I've also only fought a few battles with it so far so I'm not totally sure it isn't just a matter of mechanics (high defense toons, buffs/debuffs etc). Also worth considering if maybe in the past the OP had the blue disc and now have the gray, the difference is pretty large.

    Now that I've seen someone else say they see issues I'll try to keep an eye out.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    How is it broken?
    Gmy does not get any boosted offense. Hits the same with or without the disk equipped.
  • Ultra
    8462 posts Moderator
    There was a content update recently to update ZA to reflect how it should be:

    qn7ag4o15je1.png
  • Acymetric
    184 posts Member
    edited October 12
    Huh. When did that get announced? The only update to ZA I remember recently is this one from 10/7, but supposedly it was just changing the description to match the behavior (although I didn't see any description change).

    r0yicmc8hlly.png

    That would definitely explain the change in behavior though. Glad I'm going to get my GL during this Conquest, with this change I'm going to need her!
  • Ultra
    8462 posts Moderator
    Looks like the ZA change happened on 10/7
  • Ultra
    8462 posts Moderator
    edited October 12
    Acymetric wrote: »
    So it wasn't just a description change then.

    I don't mind the change in behavior because honestly the way it was before that disc was broken (in the "makes this too easy" kind of way although it was certainly to my benefit), but that is a pretty huge change to behavior...I do mind that change not being clearly announced. I certainly would have picked a different disc had I known.

    Fair, and I agree
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    So it wasn't just a description change then.

    I don't mind the change in behavior because honestly the way it was before that disc was broken (in the "makes this too easy" kind of way although it was certainly to my benefit), but that is a pretty huge change to behavior...I do mind that change not being clearly announced. I certainly would have picked a different disc had I known.

    Fair, and I agree

    Is it possible that all (or just some) of the other updates in that post that mention being description only updates were actually functionality changes?
  • Ultra
    8462 posts Moderator
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    So it wasn't just a description change then.

    I don't mind the change in behavior because honestly the way it was before that disc was broken (in the "makes this too easy" kind of way although it was certainly to my benefit), but that is a pretty huge change to behavior...I do mind that change not being clearly announced. I certainly would have picked a different disc had I known.

    Fair, and I agree

    Is it possible that all (or just some) of the other updates in that post that mention being description only updates were actually functionality changes?

    I'm not sure, the people behind swgoh.gg shared the change with ZA, and I haven't asked about the other description changed data disk if they were modified too beyond the description
  • I have equipped Zealous Ambition (grey one with 34% bonus). Tested with Old Daka in Galactic Challenge and after that in Conquest (other used disks are Weak Point, Crit Debuffs, Vitality, these ones may affect results).
    In Challenge (first picture) she hits for around 5,5k (on g11 toon).

    My Daka had 83k health (lower stamina, dropped from 89k). With math, 34% of 83k is around 28k. Her offense was 4,2k, so by just this comparison she should hit approximately 7,5 times harder, but she doesn´t. She still hits for around 4k in Conquest (second picture), after also stacking offense from debuffs.

    I also have seen drop of damage on other support characters like Piett (pretty much ITs) or Thrawn.

    To be fair, defenses are very different between teams and such, as well as taking into account modifiers like over prepared.
  • Good point. Although there is influence of sector bonuses (Overprepared doesn´t increase defense afaik), it still just doesn´t seem to be working correctly, I don´t have any screenshots of last Conquest with Nightsisters but almost definitely Daka hits were much stronger from the beginning. Also I don´t know if this affects only some rarities of disk or all of them.
  • It does look to me like (even considering the change) the disc may not be functioning properly. Recognizing that screenshots would be preferred (but phone has a huge lag between when I tell it to take the shot and when it takes it which makes catching damage totals impossible even on 1x), here's what I'm seeing.

    I'm seeing a damage boost to Bastilla (crit for 78k against zombie with her basic, which is clearly above her usual at G11).

    I don't feel like I'm getting a boost to GMY, who was hitting about the same as Bastilla (usually he hits way harder than her, which makes it seem like maybe she's getting buffed and he isn't). When I have more energy I'll take the disc off to see how he compares without it, I'm not super confident about this one.

    I'm definitely not getting a boost to G11 Jolee, who still only crits for 5k with the disc equipped (all damage numbers were in the same battle and against Zombie).

    I'm not 100% sure that I'm not making a mistake or failing to consider some mechanic, but I'm feeling like maybe something with the disc is bugged after all.
  • Reptile
    103 posts Member
    edited October 12
    I was wondering what was going on with that disk. Daka used to hit hard with it, now there is no change to her damage with or without the disk equipped. It still seems to work on IG-11.
  • Reptile wrote: »
    I was wondering what was going on with that disk. Daka used to hit hard with it, now there is no change to her damage with or without the disk equipped. It still seems to work on IG-11.

    The damage difference is huge, it is definitely pretty obvious whether it is working or not.
  • Ultra
    8462 posts Moderator
    edited October 12
    the team at CG is looking into it
  • I wonder if this has anything to do with the whole Shaak-Ti-is-a-Tank thing. The disk isn’t looking for Supports and Healers, it’s looking for non-Attackers + non-Tanks.
  • Ultra
    8462 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the whole Shaak-Ti-is-a-Tank thing. The disk isn’t looking for Supports and Healers, it’s looking for non-Attackers + non-Tanks.

    Shaak Ti is only a tank as a PvE unit within DSTB
  • People all over discord are saying opportunisc support and defense formation are broken too. I have also noticed weak point disc works against some enemies but not all its buggy
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    People all over discord are saying opportunisc support and defense formation are broken too. I have also noticed weak point disc works against some enemies but not all its buggy

    I’m pretty sure Opportunistic Support and Defensive Formation was changed, because it sure seemed like it was restoring more than 6% last time. Is it broken as in restoring less or broken as in not activating all the time / at all?
  • It's all broken and they won't fix it, keep on playing
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Natgmn wrote: »
    People all over discord are saying opportunisc support and defense formation are broken too. I have also noticed weak point disc works against some enemies but not all its buggy

    I’m pretty sure Opportunistic Support and Defensive Formation was changed, because it sure seemed like it was restoring more than 6% last time. Is it broken as in restoring less or broken as in not activating all the time / at all?

    Yeah, they did change the behavior for those (it was in the announcement).
  • I use two ZA, and my supports hit significantly harder than my attackers. Even harder than characters like GAS.
  • I've pinged the devs and they are looking into what's happening. I'll hopefully have more of an update for ya tomorrow.
  • I have the same mods equipped as previous conquest. I managed to clear sectors quit easily last time. Now, every battle that I don't field a GL I'm struggling to clear it with a full team standing. No matter what they say, a lot of the discs aren't working. They definitely won't fix it. They'll just defend it by saying "it's working as intended now".
    My Sith Empire team with Maul + Savage can't even kill Mandalorians in sector 3 anymore.
  • Im doing normal conquest and strongest team is shaak led clones. Echo in previous conquests hits like a truck but there is definitely something wrong as his crit has gone from hitting for 120k to 15k. Definitely no boost in damage for my GMY either and now getting beat by Geos in sector 2.
  • I've pinged the devs and they are looking into what's happening. I'll hopefully have more of an update for ya tomorrow.

    It genuinely feels SOOOO good to read a response like this. I wish there was more of them where this came from.
Sign In or Register to comment.