Road Ahead

Replies

  • zatho
    183 posts Member
    edited October 22
    Might it be that RA announces a new Conquest-Character related to the Boba Fett series and they have to wait with that information until an official movie trailer has been published? Maybe the delay ist forced by Disney and CG is as much waiting as we are to finally show us the road ahead.

    Edit: My bet is however to get a ship for Dengar: Punishing One
  • Nauros
    4785 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »
    Might it be that RA announces a new Conquest-Character related to the Boba Fett series and they have to wait with that information until an official movie trailer has been published? Maybe the delay ist forced by Disney and CG is as much waiting as we are to finally show us the road ahead.

    Edit: My bet is however to get a ship for Dengar: Punishing One

    I don't think that is likely. Besides Fennec and possibly Boba himself, who were already seen in Mandalorian, I think we will start getting characters from the show after it starts at the earliest. Also, I still think that Doja using the words "epic confrontation" in the previous RA was a tease for Boba's event. That would fit excellently with Fennec's release cadence too.
    Punishing One is a good guess, it is kinda missing from Executor lineup and it would keep the idea of "GL sidekick" for Conquest units.
  • Ally
    39 posts Member
    edited October 22
    RTS wrote: »
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Sure wasn’t a delay on R9, lol

    It absolutely was - it was originally intended to come end of August IIRC.

    I think they're pointing out a delay from the actual post, e.g. the stuff they said is going to ease the gear crunch - ergo the stuff that in theory doesn't make them money and might cost them money still isnt here, yet the stuff that makes them money from that post - R9 was in like flynn the next day.

    Cant wait for the Road Ahead to see how the shysters that run this game can find more creative ways to stick it to us, their last road ahead for this was a doozy can't wait to see if they top it. Particularly interested to see if this battle pass gives us that gear crunch easing but only if we buy the premium version, how they're gonna sell us that I'm sure is going to be a work of art.
  • Nauros
    4785 posts Member
    Ally wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Sure wasn’t a delay on R9, lol

    It absolutely was - it was originally intended to come end of August IIRC.

    I think they're pointing out a delay from the actual post, e.g. the stuff they said is going to ease the gear crunch - ergo the stuff that in theory doesn't make them money and might cost them money still isnt here, yet the stuff that makes them money from that post - R9 was in like flynn the next day.

    Cant wait for the Road Ahead to see how the shysters that run this game can find more creative ways to stick it to us, their last road ahead for this was a doozy can't wait to see if they top it. Particularly interested to see if this battle pass gives us that gear crunch easing but only if we buy the premium version, how they're gonna sell us that I'm sure is going to be a work of art.

    So far, it seems that the BP is unrelated to the gear crunch easing. I remember that part of it was supposed to be the addition of bottleneck gear to daily challenges (finally) and I think also some expansion of the daily activity crate.
    From what Kyno told us so far, it seems that you can think of the BP as yet another pack that gives stuff to those who pay for it. We already know that it won't be necessary for unlocking the conquest unit in the 3 month timeframe, the only other thing that would kinda stink to be locked behind BP are imo r9 mats. And those have a pack already anyway.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    BP seems to be made to put a larger carrot on the string of conquest with people that are fed up with it and not interested in bothering with it anymore than just a simple play through. Now they can sell a BP AND get people to waste crystals on the mode they've already run into the ground.

    Not really, because not everyone who is "fed up" is going to $$. They are making changes to Conquest, which are more likely to address some of the feelings, I hope.

    Weird, couldn't find the spot where i said everyone in my post. This is targeted and it's not for the players benefit. Obviously something must not be up to expectations if they are putting a carrot on it. But what do i know.
  • Kyno
    31980 posts Moderator
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    BP seems to be made to put a larger carrot on the string of conquest with people that are fed up with it and not interested in bothering with it anymore than just a simple play through. Now they can sell a BP AND get people to waste crystals on the mode they've already run into the ground.

    Not really, because not everyone who is "fed up" is going to $$. They are making changes to Conquest, which are more likely to address some of the feelings, I hope.

    Weird, couldn't find the spot where i said everyone in my post. This is targeted and it's not for the players benefit. Obviously something must not be up to expectations if they are putting a carrot on it. But what do i know.

    Is it obvious? Because to me it seems more obvious that this and additions like this are just layers they have probably had planned for a while and are slowly building into place.

    Things like this are likely less reactionary than people think.
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    Let's not have another gl announced and instead reintroduce fun to this game we have been gl grinding too long its time to have fun again..

    f9r0xakjblfc.png
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Sure wasn’t a delay on R9, lol

    It absolutely was - it was originally intended to come end of August IIRC.

    August, September, October…whatever. Was way to soon, therefore not delayed IMO

    What’s been delayed IMO? Gear crunch relief, bug fixes and new content.

    Except that their timeline for R9 was expressly stated so opinions don't really enter into that. Fwiw, I wasn't ready for R9 either so I don't disagree with the sentiment you're expressing, but it was in fact delayed.

    I also think that easing the gear bottleneck should have been done long ago but for all we know they're doing everything precisely according to a schedule that we are not privy to.

    That said, I'm really, REALLY ready for the road ahead post. I'm eager to hear if the measures they are taking to walk back some of the overcorrection in conquest is going to make it fun again and I would absolutely love to hear what exactly the gear bottleneck adjustments will look like. I personally haven't been feeling great about the latest changes in the game and I'd like to know if there's more 'ride it out' coming or something that makes me glad that I've ridden it out this long.
  • hope they make R8 in weekly shipments a permanent thing. that way a new player can 'catch up' as crumb put it.
  • kalidor
    2076 posts Member
    Let's hope it's next week and not today. News releases on Friday are never good.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Let's hope it's next week and not today. News releases on Friday are never good.

    Well there is a Friday next week, I think 🤷‍♂️
  • SemiGod
    2363 posts Member
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg
  • Kyno
    31980 posts Moderator
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    There is always hope......
    😢
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG
  • SemiGod
    2363 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    I don’t see the point of releasing the next road ahead when the current one isn’t finished until Monday.
  • Nauros
    4785 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    Update will probably be in the middle of the next week anyway, it doesn't matter if the RA is released today or on Monday.
  • Ultra
    8516 posts Moderator
    edited October 22
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

    Is the content update guaranteed to have the gear changes though? I thought that the economy changes were going to be explained in greater detail with the RA
  • Kyno
    31980 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

    Is the content update guaranteed to have the gear changes though? I thought that the economy changes were going to be explained in greater detail with the RA

    Nothing is guaranteed. Yes it will be explained in the RA. There is a content update also.

    That is all the information you can trust, and no this is no joke. I am sorry you feel the way you do, but they are doing nothing wrong, and you could just wait for it, since that is really the only option.
  • Ultra
    8516 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

    Is the content update guaranteed to have the gear changes though? I thought that the economy changes were going to be explained in greater detail with the RA

    sorry i should've said:

    on the 27th at the very earliest*
  • I Have a feeling it will be a good RA
  • ShaggyB
    2033 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

    Is the content update guaranteed to have the gear changes though? I thought that the economy changes were going to be explained in greater detail with the RA

    sorry i should've said:

    on the 27th at the very earliest*

    4:59pm pst right?
  • Range1974
    638 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Two problems holding up the RA release.
    1. CG has new TPS cover sheets and waiting to get the RA’s cover sheet into the new format.
    2. It’s stuck in TMT because someone did not get it out for staffing right. Why is Carrie still a mandatory approver? It’s in her in-box.

  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Well it’s definitely not today,

    qh6yjpjcx9oy.jpeg

    Lmao what a joke. Glad to see them holding out on the gear economy changes as long as possible. CG gonna CG

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

    But we would have he information early so we can digest it. I kinda expect the RA to drop on Wednesday, with the changes to the daily challenges to take place Wednesday afternoon with the update, well after most of us have done our daily challenges, so that we can be screwed out of the gear relief for that day. Then we'll get our CW Chewie shards later to say sorry for it 🤣.

    Just sucks that they can make posts to talk up their speed GAC, but they can't be bothered to give us any info on when the RA is coming other than "not today". No support for their GAC until we get our gear relief ✊
  • ShaggyB
    2033 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

    Why dont they just say sorry its coming on 27th then?

    If the release of the content is known, the post about it should be easy to deliver
  • Kyno
    31980 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

    Content update is on Wednesday (October 27th), we’ve known this since October 6th via datamine

    Even if they did RA this week, it wouldn’t change the gear economy changes on the 27th

    Why dont they just say sorry its coming on 27th then?

    If the release of the content is known, the post about it should be easy to deliver

    They did post about it, that's how we know its coming. They are not doing anything wrong, there is no need to apologize.
Sign In or Register to comment.