TW defensive placements and MM 10-17 [MERGE]

Replies

• JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited October 2021

The matchmaking should have fixed before Linking relic 9 rewards to it!

What it seems like, they had a deadline and released broken content.

Which is honestly a huge sign of disrespect to anyone that plays the game.

The excuse, these things take time, is a lame duck argument.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are making changes to the system parameters each time to dial it in, but this will not happen in one move. It takes time and iterations.

Not for nothing but wouldn't a quick scan of closest number of GL's followed by a matching of closest GP solve the whole thing? Not landing people on the moon here. Don't think we need to pretend it's more difficult than that.

They have no intentions I am aware of in doing anything based on specific character counts.

Then they need to roll back the nerfs and restore the non-GL counters. They can't nerf counters then not take number of GLs into account in matchmaking. If 80 GLs vs 80 GLs is too hard for them to code, which I would legit believe given their utter incompetence in the past several months with basic QA, then they need to return the nerfed characters to their previous power.

It really is that simple. One or the other. That they simply don't want to do either would be a much more honest argument to make.
    They are making changes to the system parameters each time to dial it in, but this will not happen in one move. It takes time and iterations.

Not for nothing but wouldn't a quick scan of closest number of GL's followed by a matching of closest GP solve the whole thing? Not landing people on the moon here. Don't think we need to pretend it's more difficult than that.

They have no intentions I am aware of in doing anything based on specific character counts.

Yes matchmaking is more difficult than that.

care to expand on how it can be more difficult than that? It should be very simple.

Unless the person in charge is one of those types that come up with crazy formulas that really just equals 1+1.

And on the GL thing, pretty sure CG was the one that ruined counters to make GL's "Raid Boss" caliber. I may have missed the petition by the player base to have this change and waste our resources we used and spent money on to have. So back to the original question, how can MM be difficult. Especially if they are just using GP as the denominator. .
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

care to expand on how it can be more difficult than that? It should be very simple.

Unless the person in charge is one of those types that come up with crazy formulas that really just equals 1+1.

And on the GL thing, pretty sure CG was the one that ruined counters to make GL's "Raid Boss" caliber. I may have missed the petition by the player base to have this change and waste our resources we used and spent money on to have. So back to the original question, how can MM be difficult. Especially if they are just using GP as the denominator. .

They are no longer using just GP. In fact, it seems they are not using much of anything.
    Cocnerning GLs, they should definitely be counted separately. If they are supposed to have a special place in the game, give them a special place in the matchmaking too. No picking and choosing when they are special and when not.
  • Well nothing much to say about this one.

39 squads per territory as well. We have 48 people participating.

11436.png
  • Guilds- GL counts are a big part of how we judge our matchups chances. A large discrepancy is considered a mismatch.

Developers -

Official Forum - like omg, they can't be like factoring in "specific characters" lol
    where will that end?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There are many factors to look at and some of which are in place to fight against unwanted activities.

Even if all you want is a closer average player GP there are many factors involved to dial in on how you get there, because one has to have a priority over the other, that can switch as you dial it in, or even in specific cases.

It's just not simple, and there are many ways to get there, and also things they may want to weed out.
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Watch my mighty defense ... I set it for GLORIOUS PURPOSE :)

Screenshot_20211020-215424920.jpg

edit: see compare picture from @Herodis4
    edit2: oh no is this public, can the enemy see my defense now? deng it ...
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • CG really need to ajust their new matchmaking system.. it is totally absurd... lets take a look at their intention :
    " Additionally, the system takes loss streaks into account during matchmaking."
    The consequence of this is is that 2 time out of 3 your guild will be outmatch by the other guild or you will outmatch the other guild depending if you are in losing strike or a winning strike... THIS IS NOT FUN AT ALL. The fun in pvp is a fair competition between 2 opponents. The devs here are just removing the fun part of it by making the majority of the tw matches a sure win or a sure lost..
    Come on CG what are you thinking???
    fix this ASAP !
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG really need to ajust their new matchmaking system.. it is totally absurd... lets take a look at their intention :
    The consequence of this is is that 2 time out of 3 your guild will be outmatch by the other guild or you will outmatch the other guild depending if you are in losing strike or a winning strike... THIS IS NOT FUN AT ALL. The fun in pvp is a fair competition between 2 opponents. The devs here are just removing the fun part of it by making the majority of the tw matches a sure win or a sure lost..
    fix this ASAP !

A few points of reference, not all streaks are created equally, winning and losing are not equal.

They have some general ideas in mind, but there is no reference to 2/3 of matches either way.

The end goal in a sense is to have players winning facing harder enemies, which isnt necessarily not fair, and I think most competitive guilds would appreciate. (I am not speaking about any current matchups, I am talking about the theory)

They are working on dialing things in, hopefully we start to see more matches that are less of a sure thing. Between here and reddit, we do see less posts with wild numbers so maybe that is a sign we are seeing things moving in the right direction.
  • This match for us is probably the most I would accept for "course correction". We won two in a row against doormats, and as such got a stronger guild that has about a 20% edge in meaningful parameters. While it is a likely loss, it isn't a certain one and should keep both sides engaged until the end.

Anecdotal and small sample size, but if they are making changes, it does seem better so far...
    CG really need to ajust their new matchmaking system.. it is totally absurd... lets take a look at their intention :
    fix this ASAP !

A few points of reference, not all streaks are created equally, winning and losing are not equal.

They have some general ideas in mind, but there is no reference to 2/3 of matches either way.

The end goal in a sense is to have players winning facing harder enemies, which isnt necessarily not fair, and I think most competitive guilds would appreciate. (I am not speaking about any current matchups, I am talking about the theory)

They are working on dialing things in, hopefully we start to see more matches that are less of a sure thing. Between here and reddit, we do see less posts with wild numbers so maybe that is a sign we are seeing things moving in the right direction.

Or maybe it's a sign of players having quit the game and are less "ENGAGED" and don't care to give give feedback/reviews?

Both options are just speculation and equally valid..

The Great Nerf
    CONQUEST Grindfest
    MatchMaking Debacle for R9 materials

and still no sign of Phase 1 "gear changes"

😂😁🤣
    0-3 and losing the PR battle still?!
    😳
    How embarrassing...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    BeralCator wrote: »
    This match for us is probably the most I would accept for "course correction". We won two in a row against doormats, and as such got a stronger guild that has about a 20% edge in meaningful parameters. While it is a likely loss, it isn't a certain one and should keep both sides engaged until the end.

Anecdotal and small sample size, but if they are making changes, it does seem better so far...

We lost our last 2 matches so now (thanks to the losing streak factor I assume) we got this:
    fsxk3j9tcodw.png
    Will surely be a fun engagement for the other guild.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Will surely be a fun engagement for the other guild.

It's really hard to wrap your head around. This new "fix" seems worse than the old way. The "dialing it in" excuse is absurd as well. It's a company that makes millions upon millions of dollars a year. And can't figure out something so simple. I'd be embarrassed if this was something I produced.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    The fix is so easy and obvious.
    Simply hire the person who made the bot for discord. Apparently they are a genius and can make a worth while programs that help us so much.
    It wont hurt your ego devs to ask them privately for help.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sewpot wrote: »
    The fix is so easy and obvious.
    Simply hire the person who made the bot for discord. Apparently they are a genius and can make a worth while programs that help us so much.
    It wont hurt your ego devs to ask them privately for help.

A bot that grabs data and has a great display graphics, doesn't have anything to do with matchmaking.
  • This must-have changed. What is the new algo.? We have 49 players and the requirement per territory is 37. There are still only 50 players max per guild. Active GP for our side is 267,282,905
  • Migz wrote: »
    This must-have changed. What is the new algo.? We have 49 players and the requirement per territory is 37. There are still only 50 players max per guild. Active GP for our side is 267,282,905

ivl28g9240ca.png enjoy doing math!!
  • I have to report what may be the most egregious TW matchmaking I have ever seen. My guild signed up 49 members with a total of 333m GP in the battle, ranking in the 320-340m division. We are paired up against a guild that signed up all 50 members with 398m GP and well above the BIGGEST DIVISION. There are 3 divisions between us, this isn’t just crossing a boundary for similar guilds. This isn’t sandbagging where the GP is the same in the war but rosters different. How the hell can this happen? Even the opposing guild leader reached out to me to acknowledge how broken this is.t3tb5bhx7avk.jpeg
    cx4bgsxyua5b.png
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI god forbid a guild wins 2 TWs, is this what happens when someone has a “winning streak”? Will nobody be allowed to win more than 50%? This system needs to be corrected ASAP because I know we’re not the only ones
  • Brotherius
    201 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Then you dangle relic 9 mats, the only source in the game, and expect people not to exploit matchmaking. Come on. Fix it CG. Punish the people that don’t have full tw participation and reward the guilds that do encourage everyone to sign up and play.

I can’t believe it’s even still a thing. Simplest of changes would fix it all.

This just happened to us as well, about same size as you. Thing is-they didn’t sandbag. All 50 signed up on their end total 398m GP. It’s just THAT BROKEN
    fix this ASAP !

Check my recent post in General Discussion. It’s worse than I’ve ever seen before. 49 vs 50, 333m vs 398m across 4 different divisions
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    How many defenses are you setting?

What is the opposing guild name? What is your guild name?
  • Ultra wrote: »

Mighty Chlorians United, setting 40 teams each
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

is that your guild name or your opponent's?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

is that your guild name or your opponent's?

Opponent, we are The Bad Batch CF99
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I spoke with someone on the guild, and yeah, they had 50 people join