Maul in Conquest

Ger4sim
92 posts Member
edited October 2021
Is it normal?
https://youtu.be/FVFn9Ek8X44

There are no critical hits, there is no damage... What did you do with your pens again?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Yep, it's working as intended. Check the modifier for that node. All Mando enemies start with 3 stacks of beskar armor. As per the armorers kit, enemies with 3 stacks of beskar can't be critically hit (among other benefits, check the armorers kit for the full description).
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    What do you explain to me about stacks of bescar?.
    The next question is a pack of Mandalorians in a minute kills the Legend?
    Is it normal?
  • Ger4sim wrote: »
    The next question is a pack of Mandalorians in a minute demolishes the Legend?
    Is it normal?

XD
  • In conquest, nothing is normal
    Is it normal?

It's conquest, not a regular game mode. So the enemies have increased stats, so yes it's definitely possible for them to take out a GL. Go into your roster and look at the kit for "The Armorer". Here second ability called 'earn your signet' explains what bonuses are gained from having 3 stacks of beskar armor on a character (as I mentioned in my original response, all enemies in that specific battle start the battle with 3 stacks of beskar armor..)
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Ger4sim wrote: »
    Is it normal?

It's conquest, not a regular game mode. So the enemies have increased stats, so yes it's definitely possible for them to take out a GL. Go into your roster and look at the kit for "The Armorer". Here second ability called 'earn your signet' explains what bonuses are gained from having 3 stacks of beskar armor on a character (as I mentioned in my original response, all enemies in that specific battle start the battle with 3 stacks of beskar armor..)

In the previous conquest, I passed it in 6-8 minutes, now it's just impossible. Why get into with crooked hands where everything worked?
  • Developers - what are you trying to achieve? Make players worse? Bury the game?
    Well, if you focus on players with a warehouse of 8 + million GM... and all the legends? So make a separate quest for them if they're bored... with an entry limit of 8 million GM...
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Developers - what are you trying to achieve? Make players worse? Bury the game?
    Well, if you focus on players with a warehouse of 8 + million GM... and all the legends? So make a separate quest for them if they're bored... with an entry limit of 8 million GM...

My GP isn’t 8M and I can easily beat hard mode conquest Maul.

Maybe just git gud?
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Maybe just git gud?

Before you write, do you even understand the essence of the question?
    Developers have made a change to the current conquest and can no longer pass the legend.
    The essence of the question - why is this done?
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    What is the reason that caused the developers to strengthen Maul?
    Why???
    I am talking about the fact that with GM 4.5 million - most players cannot have all the necessary packs and fractions. And there should be a chance to pass the conquest, albeit with losses but with other fractions, especially legends.
    And the developers deprive this chance of ordinary players.
    Post edited by Ger4sim on
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Ok. The next question: Why didn't Han shoot first?940s02fd1m98.jpg

And such a bug is observed repeatedly in this event.
  • This person. XD
    Developers have made a change to the current conquest and can no longer pass the legend.

There was no change to Maul for the current conquest, the difference between your experience is likely due to the data disks you have equipped.

As for Han not shooting first in Smuggler's Run, that is a known bug. The enemies are also getting bonus turns so in some instances can go before Player's Han.
    It only exists in that event so it is a low priority to fix.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There was no change to Maul for the current conquest, the difference between your experience is likely due to the data disks you have equipped.

As for Han not shooting first in Smuggler's Run, that is a known bug. The enemies are also getting bonus turns so in some instances can go before Player's Han.

I dont believe this has ever been stated as a bug, it is WAI with the mechanics in play.
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Is it normal?

In the previous conquest, I passed it in 6-8 minutes, now it's just impossible. Why get into with crooked hands where everything worked?

What were your data disks then what are they now?
    Did you use the same team then that you're using now?
    Did the AI target and use the same abilities in the same order then and now?
    Did you move any mods in the past month?

There are so many variables. I beat Darth Sidious' boss fight no problem last conquest, got Simple Tricks and Fall of the Jedi on the first go. Used the same team this time and barely scraped by with 1* and couldn't get Simple Tricks. Went back the next day, used the exact same team, cleared it 3* and got Simple Tricks no problem.

What's a more likely explanation here, with few variables? That CG bugged the event and I got smashed that first time, or that different abilities and targets were used and I got smashed?

Sometimes you just lose. Deal with it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I see that writing in this forum is not useful.
    You don't get a direct answer.
    Only assumptions and the answer "I think"

Which disks? What are you even talking about?
    Do you think I can't use disks?
    In the video at 1 min. 05 sec. Maul kills with one hit of the tank with 100k Health and 60k armor.
    What are you even talking about?
    I'm asking for a direct response from the developers.

Please don't write your assumptions. I have these assumptions above the roof.
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

I dont believe this has ever been stated as a bug, it is WAI with the mechanics in play.

Glory to the gods!
    Thank you so much for answering!
    But about Maul's - many cannot pass Maul's in this conquest in our guild, although they are passed.
    Can the situation with Shaak Ti in Geonosis be repeated now?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Glory to the gods!
    Thank you so much for answering!
    But about Maul's - many cannot pass Maul's in this conquest in our guild, although they are passed.
    Can the situation with Shaak Ti in Geonosis be repeated now?

No there were no changes to the characters, buy I have been reaching out for an offical response to another thread on this.

The other posters are pointing out there are many variables that change each Conquest. Discs for example are one that can really change the players experience. They are just trying to help you understand that without a lot of information on both this Conquest and the last one, what you are asking is impossible to answer.

Directly to your point, you should check out Mauls kit, he is a pretty crazy attacker and has some devastating attacks in his kit.

Saying many cannot pass him doesnt paint the full picture, there are many factors to consider. Sorry if we cant be more direct help with your troubles.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Correct, every enemy unit is taking a bonus turn, so the unit that goes first is the one that has the highest speed
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Maul in Conquest 9 is WAI and hasn't been changed from Conquest 7 / 8

Your stamina, data disks, modding between each conquest run does matter though

I'm having a hard time believing you were able to beat Maul in past two iterations and still didn't realize you are unable to critically hit him, no offense
  • I looked through the disks in the warehouse and found this:
    isj8ypji1092.jpg

Installed all consumables, such as:
    gpi3xz0nas7k.jpg

Changed the composition of the units to: SLKR, Kylo (UnMasked), Trawn, Malak, DRevan.
    And passed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LttdwKRs-vs

Every conquest I try to set the same discs.
    But the essence is the same, the pack of Maul has become much stronger...

Before this quest, I also improved modules on units... So my units also became stronger and faster...
  • Due to the disk increasing the attack from debuffs and booster overcoming defense, such was the attack:i0pnwpf5gw2x.jpg
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Maybe just git gud?

What team did you use?
  • Kyno wrote: »

That's fair. I was over simplifying. I was more trying to point out that it's unlikely not getting changed at any point soon.

I looked through the disks in the warehouse and found this:

Every conquest I try to set the same discs.
    But the essence is the same, the pack of Maul has become much stronger...

There was a change made to Defensive Formation from Conquest 7 & 8 to Conquest 9. That could be why you are struggling to survive this time.

It was restoring 5 x more protection than it was supposed to for every out of turn attack.

Weak Spot is a great disk that should get you through it, if you have "Critical Debuffs" or "Caustic Emissions" to pair with it you should be able to get through Maul.