Order of Operations

Much like in Mathematics, we have PEMDAS; we need something like this for SWGoH.

Factors are:
Base Stats
Mods
Unique's
Leadership

The most relevant example of this confusion is Royal Guard after his update and his spot w/ Lord Vader. (Though I think a healthy understanding of this is a good thing across the board)

Depending on the order of how these are processed will change how to best equip him.

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me on this!

Replies

• Mods will always apply before Uniques and Leads.

As for those two… I’m honestly not sure. My gut says Lead, then go down the line for each unit’s Unique, but that’s mostly a guess.
  • Very good question, I hope you get an answer on this as I would also be interested in the answer. 😀👍
  • Wrathe wrote: »
    Much like in Mathematics, we have PEMDAS; we need something like this for SWGoH.

Factors are:
    Base Stats
    Mods
    Unique's
    Leadership

The most relevant example of this confusion is Royal Guard after his update and his spot w/ Lord Vader. (Though I think a healthy understanding of this is a good thing across the board)

Depending on the order of how these are processed will change how to best equip him.

You got the right order. In Royal Guard's case, mod him with Health primaries on the circle and cross, as he doubles his health from his unique BEFORE LV's lead merges his H and P.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Wrathe wrote: »

Factors are:
    Base Stats
    Mods
    Unique's
    Leadership

You got the right order. In Royal Guard's case, mod him with Health primaries on the circle and cross, as he doubles his health from his unique BEFORE LV's lead merges his H and P.

Yep, unique applies before lead.
  • While on this topic, does anyone know if the +30% health on LV lead applies before or after his leadership converts protection to health?
  • While on this topic, does anyone know if the +30% health on LV lead applies before or after his leadership converts protection to health?

Reading through swgoh.gg it seems like the +30% happens first. (As does the Mastery increase, if that matters.)
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    While on this topic, does anyone know if the +30% health on LV lead applies before or after his leadership converts protection to health?

Reading through swgoh.gg it seems like the +30% happens first. (As does the Mastery increase, if that matters.)

Interesting. Guess it wont matter as much whether you pick health or protection primaries then (Aside from LV and RG due to their uniques).
  • Enigmatic_Potato
    796 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Wrathe wrote: »

Factors are:
    Base Stats
    Mods
    Unique's
    Leadership

In general, the start of battle order of operations is:

Mods affect stats
    Enemy Uniques in order of placement
    Player Uniques in order of placement
    Player's lead
    Enemy's Lead

BUT there are some exceptions to this so it's best to look at all interactions individually and test to confirm.

Hermit Yoda is my go-to for testing stat shares because you can use his heal to calculate in battle Health & Protection.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    There is other stuff to.
    Sometimes leads apply after uniques and can compound them other times it only applies to before battle stat.
    So the only true answer is go test it
  • Ok.My guess is Base Mods Lead unique Enemy lead Enemy unique(if any). I am sure about this lineup for conquest and i think this is for other modes too. But devs can say the accurate one.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Mi114 wrote: »
    Ok.My guess is Base Mods Lead unique Enemy lead Enemy unique(if any). I am sure about this lineup for conquest and i think this is for other modes too. But devs can say the accurate one.

Devs won't because there is no one answer
  • If only we had a development team that would add needed features like a hud display that would show the units max protection and health in battle