Update Notes

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

I guess comquest 7-9 didn’t bring in enough $$$ lol

as long as you can get max crate without purchasing anything, I don't see the issue

If battle pass becomes a thing, max crate will have crappy rewards for f2p and good rewards will only be acquired by people who buy the pass. That's how it works in other games I've played.
    Example: next op toon only appearing in the pass, shard shop currency for people without the pass.

we don't know that

i am waiting to reserve judgement on BP until we get more information

Right now i have zero information on what it does, how it works, and how much it costs, and what changes they will do in the game etc
  • A BP? Why don't they just give us that monthly crystal pack again. It was about 11.99$ or 12.99$, gave you 400 initial crystals and 200 everyday for a month, about 6,000 crystals. One of best deals, jusy had to be patient and log in everyday. probally why they got rid of it
  • Ultra wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

as long as you can get max crate without purchasing anything, I don't see the issue

If battle pass becomes a thing, max crate will have crappy rewards for f2p and good rewards will only be acquired by people who buy the pass. That's how it works in other games I've played.
    Example: next op toon only appearing in the pass, shard shop currency for people without the pass.

we don't know that

Right now i have zero information on what it does, how it works, and how much it costs, and what changes they will do in the game etc

If only there was an RA that was recorded last week to explain all this…
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

we don't know that

Soon
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

we don't know that

Soon

Should’ve been “already” lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wow, a battle pass for a game mode that has already been thoroughly ruined. I'm beginning to wonder whether it is some sort of scheme to make the game fail without seeming intentional.
  • 😬 you‘ll need a battle pass now to run hard mode conquest
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Taroonga wrote: »
    😬 you‘ll need a battle pass now to run hard mode conquest

Don't worry, you will be able to run it all right. You will just need a battle pass to get the rewards.
  • Mohrg
    199 posts Member
    I'll wait and see but every game that has dropped a battle pass that I have played it has been pay or you get no rewards from anything. I'm expecting Conquest characters to be locked behind it, maybe those without it can get some shards but it will be impossible to unlock them.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Mohrg wrote: »
    I'll wait and see but every game that has dropped a battle pass that I have played it has been pay or you get no rewards from anything. I'm expecting Conquest characters to be locked behind it, maybe those without it can get some shards but it will be impossible to unlock them.

Maybe with battlepass, you can halve the feat counters?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

I have never been in a game while a battle pass was introduced, but any game I have seen with a battle pass, they just give extra stuff, on top of the normal stuff.

The game mode itself is based on character release, and from my understanding any sort of BP will not lock or allow for faster access unlock to Conquest toons.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A BP? Why don't they just give us that monthly crystal pack again. It was about 11.99$ or 12.99$, gave you 400 initial crystals and 200 everyday for a month, about 6,000 crystals. One of best deals, jusy had to be patient and log in everyday. probally why they got rid of it

No it's not. The layout/pattern was not allowed, due to an agreement.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I have never seen a pass work that way. So your expectations on this may be a little off.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

I have never been in a game while a battle pass was introduced, but any game I have seen with a battle pass, they just give extra stuff, on top of the normal stuff.

The game mode itself is based on character release, and from my understanding any sort of BP will not lock or allow for faster access to Conquest toons.

What is your understanding based on? If it's more than just a guess, it could help remove one of the big fears surrounding the BP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

The game mode itself is based on character release, and from my understanding any sort of BP will not lock or allow for faster access to Conquest toons.

What is your understanding based on? If it's more than just a guess, it could help remove one of the big fears surrounding the BP.

Dojas parrots last words before I took him from his cage.
    😉
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

😉

He seems to have some interesting things to say, maybe you should let him post on on the forum. Well, assuming he isn't using Doja's account already.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

😉

He seems to have some interesting things to say, maybe you should let him post on on the forum. Well, assuming he isn't using Doja's account already.

Hes a slow typer, the arm gets in the way.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

😉

Maybe he could record his words on video then
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zatho wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

😉

Maybe he could record his words on video then

I checked, he doesnt have a phone. I didnt want him calling for help, until we see the RA.
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

Today you can get Maul without Battle Pass. Lets see if that changes after this.

I will lay any amount of money you want that the character drop will be gated behind Battle Pass and that is a dramatic change even if "you can still get max grate without purchasing anything" is still technically true.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StewartH wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

Today you can get Maul without Battle Pass. Lets see if that changes after this.

I will lay any amount of money you want that the character drop will be gated behind Battle Pass and that is a dramatic change even if "you can still get max grate without purchasing anything" is still technically true.

From my understanding the character unlock cadence of 3 runs is not changed by the BP.

You can send me all the money, thank you. J/K.

Wanna bet a crisp internet high five? Be warned, I "know" you are incorrect.
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

From my understanding the character unlock cadence of 3 runs is not changed by the BP.

No need to wait - you're clearly from the future.

9e6j2ej0oxjy.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

Wait, saying that the cadence is not changed doesn't actually contradict shards being in the BP. It could also mean that we have to spend crystals for the BP on top/instead of energy refreshes to get them. The cadence (timeframe) would stay the same, only the way to get there would change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

Wait, saying that the cadence is not changed doesn't actually contradict shards being in the BP. It could also mean that we have to spend crystals for the BP on top/instead of energy refreshes to get them. The cadence (timeframe) would stay the same, only the way to get there would change.

I can only explain my understanding at this time.

Yes there is a possibility that shards could be in the BP structure, but not in an amount that allows a player to unlock early.

From my understanding you do not need the BP to stay within the 3 month cadence.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

Yes there is a possibility that shards could be in the BP structure, but not in an amount that allows a player to unlock early.

From my understanding you do not need the BP to stay within the 3 month cadence.

Thanks for the clarification, that sounds good. If I get it right, that would mean substituting the currency purchases at most, which sounds like a reasonable return of investment for those who get it.
    Hopefully we get the RA soon and get to know the full details.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

Thanks for the clarification, that sounds good. If I get it right, that would mean substituting the currency purchases at most, which sounds like a reasonable return of investment for those who get it.
    Hopefully we get the RA soon and get to know the full details.

Yes that sounds like the general idea being expressed.

I hope so too, I'm just trying to walk the line as best I can to help reduce any anxiety.
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

The game mode itself is based on character release, and from my understanding any sort of BP will not lock or allow for faster access unlock to Conquest toons.
    I wanted to avoid names, but now I have to give you an example: Looney Tunes World of Mayhem. With Premium Battle Pass, you get shards for Countess Penelope. Without it, you only get shards for the other members of the aristocrat team, which were already in the game.
    If you say that SWGOH will be different, I'll have to believe you. But please understand my fear.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    So I looked at AhnaldT's video of a battle pass implementation in another game, and screenshots of other games that implement BP and this is what I learned

there is a free2play track, and pay2play track

Both give you free stuff, p2p gives you more

Which is fine, its no different than buying another pack. Nothing exclusive is locked behind p2p and f2p are getting more stuff than they currently are

I still think its too early to make decisions on battle pass without seeing the details, but like everything in this game that you can purchase, we can choose not to buy it if price per value is not good or the pricing is too high for your individual budget

As long as nothing is gated behind BP (like say marquee unlock is no more and its BP exclusive unlock that requires p2p route), I don't see any problems

Its no different than any other pack in the game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

I wanted to avoid names, but now I have to give you an example: Looney Tunes World of Mayhem. With Premium Battle Pass, you get shards for Countess Penelope. Without it, you only get shards for the other members of the aristocrat team, which were already in the game.
    If you say that SWGOH will be different, I'll have to believe you. But please understand my fear.

From my understanding this system will not interrupt the f2p path to the Conquest character, but does have additional stuff for the BP path.

So no it doesnt sound like it will be like that.

I know some may disagree, but this game has gone through some pretty good measures to not make things p2w, every character release or game mode is "equally" accessible to both sides of the coin. By no means does this mean everyone can get there or that it is easy to get there, but they have avoided any structures like what you mention there. In the end Conquest seems to be a character release structure and they are keeping that and its cadence (obviously things can change later) the same and looking to build on this to add more layers for players to get more out of it if they choose, without changing the core of what it is.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

I have never seen a pass work that way. So your expectations on this may be a little off.

My experiences from a pass, limited for sure, have been in MSF and Zombieland. Both games gave "good" rewards for ftp and "great" rewards for purchasers. Not sure how Zombieland introduced their BP, but is MSF it was with a new game mode. This worked perfectly because there wasn't a "we used to earn this" argument to be made.

It will definitely be interesting to see what SWGOH does with it. If it reduces the current rewards for ftp that would be bad. But until that happens there is no reason to assume it will. No reason except this is what people do on the interweb.