Update Notes

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I'd bet on the BP giving 20 shards of the newest character. Non-buyers can still get the extra 20 shards from the Jawas each Conquest, but the purchasers are freed up to use their conquest currency on gear / relics. I'd also bet progression is through conquest energy spend, and hitting the max rewards on both the F2P and Paid tracks will require a decent amount of refreshing to further incentivize engagement with conquest among those who are just using the normal energy generation and getting however far they can get.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

I guess comquest 7-9 didn’t bring in enough $$$ lol

as long as you can get max crate without purchasing anything, I don't see the issue

If battle pass becomes a thing, max crate will have crappy rewards for f2p and good rewards will only be acquired by people who buy the pass. That's how it works in other games I've played.
    Example: next op toon only appearing in the pass, shard shop currency for people without the pass.

I have never been in a game while a battle pass was introduced, but any game I have seen with a battle pass, they just give extra stuff, on top of the normal stuff.

The game mode itself is based on character release, and from my understanding any sort of BP will not lock or allow for faster access unlock to Conquest toons.
    I wanted to avoid names, but now I have to give you an example: Looney Tunes World of Mayhem. With Premium Battle Pass, you get shards for Countess Penelope. Without it, you only get shards for the other members of the aristocrat team, which were already in the game.
    If you say that SWGOH will be different, I'll have to believe you. But please understand my fear.

From my understanding this system will not interrupt the f2p path to the Conquest character, but does have additional stuff for the BP path.

So no it doesnt sound like it will be like that.

I know some may disagree, but this game has gone through some pretty good measures to not make things p2w, every character release or game mode is "equally" accessible to both sides of the coin. By no means does this mean everyone can get there or that it is easy to get there, but they have avoided any structures like what you mention there. In the end Conquest seems to be a character release structure and they are keeping that and its cadence (obviously things can change later) the same and looking to build on this to add more layers for players to get more out of it if they choose, without changing the core of what it is.

Alright seems pretty clear then, they intentionally made the last 3 Conquests as miserable as possible so we will praise our saviors when they release a BP that will ease the grind. Either that or they up the grind even more so we either have to buy even more refreshes or the BP to get the max crate.
  • Options
    I know at this point it’s only rumors, but if it’s found in the data leaks it’s 90% confirmed. First off I personally love the idea for the payed version and free version. I don’t spend a lot at all but if they added a battle pass (of course not at a ridiculous price like $50) I would buy it. We need more gear flow and for me personally shard flow. Don’t just limit it to conquest give us malak shards, GAS shards, stun guns, kyro tech, energy, good mods, zetas ect. CG says they read these so here’s to hoping.
  • Options
    I'm also looking forward to the Battle Pass, but tbh, CG being CG, I expect a ridiculous price indeed... But we'll have to wait and see
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Options
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

as long as you can get max crate without purchasing anything, I don't see the issue

If battle pass becomes a thing, max crate will have crappy rewards for f2p and good rewards will only be acquired by people who buy the pass. That's how it works in other games I've played.
    Example: next op toon only appearing in the pass, shard shop currency for people without the pass.

I have never been in a game while a battle pass was introduced, but any game I have seen with a battle pass, they just give extra stuff, on top of the normal stuff.

The game mode itself is based on character release, and from my understanding any sort of BP will not lock or allow for faster access unlock to Conquest toons.
    I wanted to avoid names, but now I have to give you an example: Looney Tunes World of Mayhem. With Premium Battle Pass, you get shards for Countess Penelope. Without it, you only get shards for the other members of the aristocrat team, which were already in the game.
    If you say that SWGOH will be different, I'll have to believe you. But please understand my fear.

From my understanding this system will not interrupt the f2p path to the Conquest character, but does have additional stuff for the BP path.

I know some may disagree, but this game has gone through some pretty good measures to not make things p2w, every character release or game mode is "equally" accessible to both sides of the coin. By no means does this mean everyone can get there or that it is easy to get there, but they have avoided any structures like what you mention there. In the end Conquest seems to be a character release structure and they are keeping that and its cadence (obviously things can change later) the same and looking to build on this to add more layers for players to get more out of it if they choose, without changing the core of what it is.

Alright seems pretty clear then, they intentionally made the last 3 Conquests as miserable as possible so we will praise our saviors when they release a BP that will ease the grind. Either that or they up the grind even more so we either have to buy even more refreshes or the BP to get the max crate.

The BP does nothing to the feats or tickets rewarded, so no this will do nothing to make it less of a grind. So no BP has nothing to do with that, it seems to just be an additional PO to people who $$.

Nope, max crate can be achieved without BP.

They are making changes to Conquest that I believe are done to help address some of the feeling we have had in the recent run.
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    14fndj065ndc.jpeg

The BP does nothing to the feats or tickets rewarded, so no this will do nothing to make it less of a grind. So no BP has nothing to do with that, it seems to just be an additional PO to people who $$.

Nope, max crate can be achieved without BP.

They are making changes to Conquest that I believe are done to help address some of the feeling we have had in the recent run.

Have you been told this or is this more speculation?

I’m itching for the actual Road Ahead. Datamines are cool but I want to see the official version before I get too invested.
  • Options
    In Star Trek Timelines they have a similar thing to a battlepass that every month a premium toon is available to get 4/5 stars in the premium track, or evolutions in other similar games, and the free track has a lower rarity toon that you get 4/4. The pay track is 10 bucks and in addition to all the free track and the legendary toon, you get pack pulls and all kinds of other mats. The track is based on current dailies so it required no additional effort to get free stuff, or even better stuff for a very reasonable price.