When will CAT be farmable?

2Next

Replies

• jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I have guild mates that desperately want CAT but they aren't close enough at the end of this conquest, going to be painful to farm her for 600 crystals for 5 shards and/or tickets. It feels like they will perpetually be behind on the conquest characters.

The only way to get behind is if you spend your Conquest currency to buy the last toon rather than the current one. That's a bad idea.

If not, getting to the top 2 crates keeps you on track (second best is just a slower track).

So no not perpetually, just temporary.

Surprised people have not figured this out yet. If you can't max crate you need to skip characters and focus. You shaft yourself by trying to do more than 1. Pick the one you want and make sure you get it because it may vanish and be unobtainable for a while.

If you can max crate you get them all. If you can't max crate you will have to pick.

And if you are spending conquest currency on gear shame on you. If you have been playing this game for a while you should know better.
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not doing a good job explaining myself. Again with raids, as with the GET shop, the toons you're getting are static. With those, the only thing you lose by being at a lower level is time.

Because the conquest toons rotate, and different toons synergize with different squads, missing out on the toon you need for *your* roster will set you back until that toon becomes farmable.

In my case, I'll be starting hard mode next conquest, but the shards I'll be earning for conquest toon #4 likely won't be anywhere near as valuable for my roster as CAT shards would be. The character rotation aspect makes this different than all of the other examples being given IMO.

I can see that being annoying. Unfortunately, there's no way they can rotate characters and make sure that no one gets a less than ideal situation. You can still use you conquest currency to mitigate this to an extent though. And the good news is once you can beat hard mode the issue goes away so you'll only have a couple of toons to catch up on.

And in a way, cat is farmable for conquest currency. I think rc is still in there as well. It may not be as fast as you'd like but you'll still make progress if you focus.

Thank you for picking up what I was putting down, glad my gibberish made some sense to someone 🙂. Agreed that in the long run it will all sort itself out, but it's going to be pretty annoying going up against a bunch of DS rosters with Maul in GAC in like 3-6 months (I do not feel like doing the math on that farm right now).
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    It’s to reward the player for actually playing conquest and giving them a competitive advantage over players who chose to ignore / aren’t strong enough to complete it.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    SemiGod wrote: »
    It’s to reward the player for actually playing conquest and giving them a competitive advantage over players who chose to ignore / aren’t strong enough to complete it.

Totally unrelated to what I'm talking about.

Edit: By the time Maul has finished his run as the secondary in the prize box, I'll have as many (most likely more) Maul shards than CAT shards, even though I've been buying extra CAT shards with tickets. Presumably other people around my progression level will be in a similar boat. That is great news for people who have DS rosters, less great for LS rosters (me).

Edit: By the time Maul has finished his run as the secondary in the prize box, I'll have as many (most likely more) Maul shards than CAT shards, even though I've been buying extra CAT shards with tickets. Presumably other people around my progression level will be in a similar boat. That is great news for people who have DS rosters, less great for LS rosters (me).

I was referring to op not u : p
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »

I was referring to op not u : p

yoda-star-wars.gif

• Slightly disappointed that CAT shards are only 1 day...

I understand that unlocking certain characters will always depend on a players journey and progression. However as someone who's maxed out the red crate on normal mode each conquest the shard rewards become a bit trivialised when you never get to the finish line. I wouldn't expect to be able to get Maul or even CAT but after 9 conquests a 7* Razercrest should be obtainable.

Admittedly I didn't go as hard as I could at farming the shards when they were on the ship mode nor do I buy all the 600 crystal for 5 shards offer so I stand corrected if it's technically possible.

9 conquests at normal with a meaningful catch up compared to a 3 conquests at hard (both maxed) seems a reasonable ratio.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Slightly disappointed that CAT shards are only 1 day...

I understand that unlocking certain characters will always depend on a players journey and progression. However as someone who's maxed out the red crate on normal mode each conquest the shard rewards become a bit trivialised when you never get to the finish line. I wouldn't expect to be able to get Maul or even CAT but after 9 conquests a 7* Razercrest should be obtainable.

Admittedly I didn't go as hard as I could at farming the shards when they were on the ship mode nor do I buy all the 600 crystal for 5 shards offer so I stand corrected if it's technically possible.

9 conquests at normal with a meaningful catch up compared to a 3 conquests at hard (both maxed) seems a reasonable ratio.

You realize even people who get the red crate on hard still have to buy shards from the nodes right? Otherwise it would take 5 conquests at red crate hard mode to get the character. So no, 9 conquests at normal is not really reasonable.

If you are not keeping up because you are gated out I feel for you. If you are not keeping up because you chose not to that is on you.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Tier 5 crate on hard gave 50 shards and is easy to get. Additionally you can buy 20 shards in each conquest. Now there's going to be bonus drops for her on LS hard nodes tomorrow and I guess not too soon in the future she'll move to a farm spot.

Stop whining.

I understand the question is arbitrary but you don't have to be mean. It could have been a genuine question.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Well she’s farmable for USD right now ;)
    9ldwu5vfn8us.jpeg
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    that's hilarious. A one-time $39.99 buys you 1/11 of some imaginary character and doesn't include any real amount of gear to help upgrade the character to a usable level.

i have jmk and it's pretty useless for me without cat in squad arena and mirror matches in gac against cat/jmk. I'm super annoyed they changed grindfest and reduced cat shards while simultaneously making it twice as long and expensive in crystals.

i think it's also laughable how long it takes to get through grindfest. how anybody has time for it and is willing to spend that many crystals is unbelievable. having to play matches over and over is a bore, and a chore, and matchups don't make much sense. it's just another cash grab but the cash doesn't even give you much in return.

bring on your solution cg to your self made mess once again - battlepass. yay so excited
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    f82bd wrote: »

bring on your solution cg to your self made mess once again - battlepass. yay so excited

Not sure what you think BP is going to change, but it's not going to touch any of the issues you stated you have.
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2021

Not sure what you think BP is going to change, but it's not going to touch any of the issues you stated you have.

you seem to know more. i had seen speculation that battlepass could provide some advantage in conquest, what i was referring to as grindquest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

you seem to know more. i had seen speculation that battlepass could provide some advantage in conquest, what i was referring to as grindfest.

Most likely just more rewards, no changes to feats.
    Maybe I'm not doing a good job explaining myself. Again with raids, as with the GET shop, the toons you're getting are static. With those, the only thing you lose by being at a lower level is time.

Because the conquest toons rotate, and different toons synergize with different squads, missing out on the toon you need for *your* roster will set you back until that toon becomes farmable.

In my case, I'll be starting hard mode next conquest, but the shards I'll be earning for conquest toon #4 likely won't be anywhere near as valuable for my roster as CAT shards would be. The character rotation aspect makes this different than all of the other examples being given IMO.

I can see that being annoying. Unfortunately, there's no way they can rotate characters and make sure that no one gets a less than ideal situation. You can still use you conquest currency to mitigate this to an extent though. And the good news is once you can beat hard mode the issue goes away so you'll only have a couple of toons to catch up on.

And in a way, cat is farmable for conquest currency. I think rc is still in there as well. It may not be as fast as you'd like but you'll still make progress if you focus.

Thank you for picking up what I was putting down, glad my gibberish made some sense to someone 🙂. Agreed that in the long run it will all sort itself out, but it's going to be pretty annoying going up against a bunch of DS rosters with Maul in GAC in like 3-6 months (I do not feel like doing the math on that farm right now).

We'll have to see what the lv maul counters end up being. It may not be jmk and cat anyway. From Paul's kit he seems to be a counter to jmk or any kenobi. Whether he'll be meta or not remains to be seen.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited October 2021

We'll have to see what the lv maul counters end up being. It may not be jmk and cat anyway. From Paul's kit he seems to be a counter to jmk or any kenobi. Whether he'll be meta or not remains to be seen.

Well I can tell u this, Mauls AI with Mandalorians in conquest against JMK cat sucks.

So unless Maul hard targets CAT against JMK lineups under LV, it should be a tad more doable. Although probably still relatively hard with the fast ult charge.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Well I can tell u this, Mauls AI with Mandalorians in conquest against JMK cat sucks.

So unless Maul hard targets CAT against JMK lineups under LV, it should be a tad more doable. Although probably still relatively hard with the fast ult charge.

From what I saw so far he makes Vader's ult charge much quicker but jmk is still better overall. That's just from videos and what's been said in my shard chat though so take it for what you will.