GAC matchmaking

BigFudge
34 posts Member
edited October 2021
With the changes to the GAC divisions, does anyone know the amount of toons included in the Div 1,2,3 (i.e. top 80 gp)?

Since getting the Executor, I find myself consistently at a GL disadvantage. Additionally, I find myself at a G13 disadvantage quite a bit as well. Ex: This round, my opponent has 2 more GLs (4 to my 2) plus 11 more G13s. While I have an overall GP advantage, it doesn't feel like we should be matched.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No one really knows, but the general idea seems to be number of toons needed for defensive placement times 2.

There are no plans to make matches based on any specific characters.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Ships also factor in somehow according to CG_SBCrumb_MINI
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    No one really knows, but the general idea seems to be number of toons needed for defensive placement times 2.

This helps. Still seems odd because GLs are exponentially higher in GP so to be outnumbered in both GL and G13s seems off but this is good to know from a general stand point.
  • BigFudge wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This helps. Still seems odd because GLs are exponentially higher in GP so to be outnumbered in both GL and G13s seems off but this is good to know from a general stand point.
    That means you have a lot of GP bloat somewhere in your roster.

Look for some combination of:
    * a lot of non-crucial zetas
    * a lot of mid-high relic characters (particularly pilots with ships that you also have powered up)
    * a lot of high powered ships

You can have a certain amount of bloat here and there but accumulate too much across the top end of your roster and you will encounter opponents with more GLs.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You seem to have several zetas you could do without. Do you have more excess zetas than your opponent?

Your opponent has more g13 characters than you, but how about their relic levels? Did your opponent take characters like Yoda and Bossk to R8 like you did? Many characters do their job in GAC just fine at R0.

Also, if you don't use Clone Sgt. and Mace Windu (and their ships) you could remove their mods to reduce their GP and crew power. Clone Sgt.'s ship doesn' t need high GP to do its job.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    BigFudge wrote: »

* a lot of mid-high relic characters (particularly pilots with ships that you also have powered up)

You can have a certain amount of bloat here and there but accumulate too much across the top end of your roster and you will encounter opponents with more GLs.

IMO, the ships part is an extremely poor on the development strategy. Ships are a part of the game and they say it is a part that will grow, but having good ships punishes you in GAC. The system should not favor those that choose to ignore or put little effort into part of the game.
  • shaun51422 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

IMO, the ships part is an extremely poor on the development strategy. Ships are a part of the game and they say it is a part that will grow, but having good ships punishes you in GAC. The system should not favor those that choose to ignore or put little effort into part of the game.

In what way does having good ships punish you in GAC?
  • shaun51422 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

In what way does having good ships punish you in GAC?

Only way is the by going for ships/relicing those toons instead of those for GLs. Unfortunately, the ship zone is the least valuable (at div 1,2,3..not sure about others). The one way they could even it out is make the north worth more or the same as the south zones. Otherwise, if I get a hold on ships but they get a hold on toons due to more gls, I lose.