GLs and GA = GA no longer fun

JollyBrandX
42 posts Member
edited October 2021
I can’t be alone in this, Grand Arena officially sucks now.

I’ve given it time and the benefit of the doubt but CG has ruined yet another part of the game due greed and short sightedness.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t GA meant to be a test of ones roster depth?. Now it’s a test of how many GLs one has in their roster.

CG should do one of two things, revert the God like status of GLs(lol!) or fix match making so that the number of GLs are taken into account.

Now I understand the usual people will just claim to get good or whale harder 😁 but! GA is based on the pwr of your top 80 toons, however only 6 toons count anymore and the rest of them are simply massacred by the GLs regardless of the collective GP of the cannon fodder toons that make up your top 80.

Now I normally win in the 1v1 GL match ups and do pretty well when I’m up against 2 GLs vs my 1 (number 2 about to arrive for me), but 3v1!? Not sure the great TVF could fight his way around that.

I don’t mind losing, but I hate that theory crafting and the thrill of beating a GL without a GL has been taken away and replaced with “if you want to win you HAVE to farm what WE tell you to farm”.

Instead of looking at how to make the game more enjoyable CG gave us Relic 9 and said “we listened and you’re welcome!”
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• GA is a test of GL roster depth

If you have 2 GL and opponent has 1, place 1 GL on each front and the other guy can’t break the GL wall
  • Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t GA meant to be a test of ones roster depth?
    You are wrong. If it was a test of roster depth then we would still be matched on full roster GP, as we were in early GA.
    Now it’s a test of how many GLs one has in their roster.
    No, it is a test of player skill and part of that is effectively managing your roster. If you consistently find yourself outmatched at the roster level then you are failing to maintain a balanced roster.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

Now I understand the usual people will just claim to get good or whale harder

Git Gud & whale harder, smh my head.

• You should know better than to think there will be a game mode that isn't fully monetized. Buy more GLs or lose. Remember, whales get a direct line to cg. Their complaints are heard and acted on. The rest of us are along for the ride.

As for GAC, it is stupid. I don't bother. What do you really get for putting the time and effort in to winning? At least with conquest, as awful as it is, I am getting a premium character. GAC is just the exact same teams over and over and CG goes out of their way to squash anything outside the GL meta. Hard pass.
  • Wrong.

I had two GLs in round 1 vs my opponents 4.

I won.

Quite often last season I was having 2 GLs vs 3 or 4 my enemy had. I won 10/12 rounds.

Just because they can't be one shotted so easily you can still take most down in two battles.

If your opponent is stupid enough to put all 4 on defence chances are he won't have the firepower to get past your defence.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Hello
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH