Conquest Maximum Energy Cap

Hi All, quick question for the greater brains trust.

What is the maximum energy cap for conquest? I know it stops me from buying more refreshes after 264, but I'm sure you can horde more.

Replies

• When each Conquest starts we are all placed on 144 energy.

If you’re thinking about hoarding energy in advance of the next conquest, don’t try it - any energy above 144 will be lost.
  • When each Conquest starts we are all placed on 144 energy.

If you’re thinking about hoarding energy in advance of the next conquest, don’t try it - any energy above 144 will be lost.

That's not actually true, you can refresh over 144 and start the Conquest with more energy.

I did it for Conquest 9. Although there's no guarantee this will always work. There is always the risk it will reset in the future

The technical max you can achieve is 319 energy, once you pass 200 you can no longer refresh so if you refresh at 79 energy to get to 199, then refresh again you will be at 319.
  • Interesting - not a gamble I’d be prepared to take myself though.
  • Why would anyone hoard energy for conquest? Conquest completion speed run?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    When each Conquest starts we are all placed on 144 energy.

That's not actually true, you can refresh over 144 and start the Conquest with more energy.

I did it for Conquest 9. Although there's no guarantee this will always work. There is always the risk it will reset in the future

The technical max you can achieve is 319 energy, once you pass 200 you can no longer refresh so if you refresh at 79 energy to get to 199, then refresh again you will be at 319.

This is correct, they do not remove purchased energy between Conquest.

But as you can see it's also not a great savings, you are paying for it anyway and not holding that much, on top of "wasting" free energy build up using the above strategy.
  • Kyno wrote: »

But as you can see it's also not a great savings, you are paying for it anyway and not holding that much, on top of "wasting" free energy build up using the above strategy.

I mean, there's hardly any free energy build up if you use the energy in one go once conquest starts. I actually like to start the new conquest with around 300 energy. Gives me a headstart and makes conquest a little easier to manage.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yeah you don't actually save any crystals, the benefit is pretty minimal.

I mainly did it for this conquest to test the theory.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Why would anyone hoard energy for conquest? Conquest completion speed run?

It would probably be good to run through Conquest if there are lots of bugs so you can get to buy extra shards of whatever the new character is before they shut down the event for fixes. That’s assuming they will have to do that again after the first 2 new sets like 4 & 7.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

I mean, there's hardly any free energy build up if you use the energy in one go once conquest starts. I actually like to start the new conquest with around 300 energy. Gives me a headstart and makes conquest a little easier to manage.

12 hours of free energy (because you have to finish early), vs paying for energy, you can buy at the same price later. I know it's not much, but it is a savings to use as much free energy as possible. I always kick myself when I end up with the last half a day left and no battles needed. Min/max everything!!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Yeah you don't actually save any crystals, the benefit is pretty minimal.

I mainly did it for this conquest to test the theory.

Yeah, unless you are someone who is always dipping into the 100 refreshes at some point it is a net loss to refresh when not full to maximize next runs starting energy.

Interesting theory though.
  • All good, I figured out it's 319 energy.

I know it's not a terribly eficient strategy, but my interest isn't in efficiency, it's time. Conquest is by far the worst grind and time sink in the game and my view is to smash through sector 1 and 2 early on as fast as possible to take pressure off the rest of the next two weeks.

How anyone with family and work is supposed to fit all this stuff in is beyond me.
  • How anyone with family and work is supposed to fit all this stuff in is beyond me.

It's pretty easy, actually. I just don't treat the game like a job.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.