LV/Maul [MERGE]

Replies

  • If you mean he is intended to one-shot other GLs, then no, he is not working...
  • SemiGod
    2405 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Something the Devs are really strong towards is rewarding the player for investing more into characters and units in game.

    The nerfpocalypse derived off of the fact that CG wants characters of the same investment to be able to beat each other and units with lower investment to struggle / not be able to beat them.

    With this being said, they haven’t followed through on practically any of their intentions of rewarding investment.

    JMK & LV:

    Since it’s clear all GLs aren’t equals (Sith Eternal exists) that argument doesn’t really matter anymore.

    Lord Vader has currently been a fairly underwhelming and disappointing unit. Considering he’s the most expensive unit in game:
    kymlmbk0h9ik.png
    (Requires 2x more R8s & 4x More Kyro-heavy marquees than JMK)

    It would be expected that he would be amazing and have the best team in game (Especially since Maul is the hardest conquest unit to get while CAT was the easiest conquest unit to get upon their releases)

    However that’s not the case, on offense, he’s solid and can usually get the job done. But on defense it’s just laughable. JMK can auto him & can get full 60 banner wins, JML isn’t having too much trouble with the right comp and the top guilds have found a Rey comp that can auto LV & Maul squads. (Can’t disclose this info yet since they want a competitive advantage for PVP). While JMK can do it on both ends while being miles cheaper than LV.

    Lord Vader currently isn’t worth his massive investment and gives players who invest into him a large disadvantage as they’ll have less resources for the next GL who will be the top GL in arena.

    It’s clear he needs to be buffed like JMK was because the difference is just too large between investment & performance.


    Executor:

    2 main issues with this ship:

    1. Upgrading the ability “We only need to keep them from escaping” makes the ship much worse and people who don’t have the ability upgrades are given a competitive advantage because they didn’t fully invest into the ship.
    2. A lower geared / demodded BAM is superior for the Razor Crest because a slower RC can cleanse itself while keeping the enemy RC breached. Again, penalizing players who invest more into their team.

    Side note:

    CRancor: With the equalization of R8 mats, there’s no longer a reason to post the most damage in the raid. Because the lower ranks give much better gear rewards than the higher ranks. Which rewards the player for doing less.

    KAM - Lots of people argue the taunt omega makes him worse which again, shows that underinvesting in a character provides a competitive advantage.

    It’s kinda funny how CG goes against their word with this. Especially since it shows that investing less (spending less in some instances) just gives players a much stronger advantage in the game. Hopefully some of these can be addressed (Mainly Lord Vader / Executor) because it’s annoying to the player & hurts CG financially as well.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Now, Maul turned out not being the meta-breaking LV-side-kick everyone was hoping for (or concerned about). With the perspective able to climbing in Arena against walls of JMK/CAT (and soon LV/Maul) still comfortably with my JML and Rey (as I did the past months), even me as a FtP is wondering what's the next thing I should chase after? At the moment at least it looks like I hoarded all the resources for nothing (at least nothing worth spending on immediately). Hope the next Road Ahead will bring clarify.
  • zatchy wrote: »
    Vader / Maul suck. Not worth the investment folks. If you were planning on grinding them, don’t. Just that simple.

    I’m end game player so of course I got him and maul, but yea when I think of all the relic mats I used for him it is very disheartening.

    I mean he is a gl and he beats stuff, but like with see, his kit is intended to sacrifice everyone else just long enough until he ramps up damage and can kill everything.

    Boring GL and easy to counter for pvp; he is fun in pve however.

    Same boat. If they are going to do this release cadence where they drop 1 GL first then 3 months and another, but the second shiny new toy is basically useless in the main game modes, it’s going to be easy to determine to save materials and just skip one. I’m end game too, with all the GL’s and hours wasted grinding for Maul with the awful new conquest….not worth it.

    If you are a player who has to make a choice on which GL you farm, just don’t bother with Vader. Over the top requirements for a underwhelming GL. I think he’s honestly 6th of 6.
  • Xcien
    2249 posts Member
    Completely agree. Well said.
    One may learn a great deal about a people by the stories they tell of others.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback has been noted.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Now, Maul turned out not being the meta-breaking LV-side-kick everyone was hoping for (or concerned about). With the perspective able to climbing in Arena against walls of JMK/CAT (and soon LV/Maul) still comfortably with my JML and Rey (as I did the past months), even me as a FtP is wondering what's the next thing I should chase after? At the moment at least it looks like I hoarded all the resources for nothing (at least nothing worth spending on immediately). Hope the next Road Ahead will bring clarify.

    I wouldn’t say spending them would be wise, but JMK is worth the resource spend depending on where you are at. Good in every game mode.

    Lord Vader? Don’t bother. He’s probably the worst GL. Maybe SEE is worse, but they are neck and neck. For the insane requirements for Vader, to make him so bad, is kind of sad.

  • SemiGod
    2405 posts Member
    zatchy wrote: »
    zatchy wrote: »
    Vader / Maul suck. Not worth the investment folks. If you were planning on grinding them, don’t. Just that simple.

    I’m end game player so of course I got him and maul, but yea when I think of all the relic mats I used for him it is very disheartening.

    I mean he is a gl and he beats stuff, but like with see, his kit is intended to sacrifice everyone else just long enough until he ramps up damage and can kill everything.

    Boring GL and easy to counter for pvp; he is fun in pve however.

    Same boat. If they are going to do this release cadence where they drop 1 GL first then 3 months and another, but the second shiny new toy is basically useless in the main game modes, it’s going to be easy to determine to save materials and just skip one. I’m end game too, with all the GL’s and hours wasted grinding for Maul with the awful new conquest….not worth it.

    If you are a player who has to make a choice on which GL you farm, just don’t bother with Vader. Over the top requirements for a underwhelming GL. I think he’s honestly 6th of 6.

    Nah nothing can stop SEE for being the worst GL tbh.
  • SemiGod
    2405 posts Member
    edited October 26
    zatchy wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    Now, Maul turned out not being the meta-breaking LV-side-kick everyone was hoping for (or concerned about). With the perspective able to climbing in Arena against walls of JMK/CAT (and soon LV/Maul) still comfortably with my JML and Rey (as I did the past months), even me as a FtP is wondering what's the next thing I should chase after? At the moment at least it looks like I hoarded all the resources for nothing (at least nothing worth spending on immediately). Hope the next Road Ahead will bring clarify.

    I wouldn’t say spending them would be wise, but JMK is worth the resource spend depending on where you are at. Good in every game mode.

    Lord Vader? Don’t bother. He’s probably the worst GL. Maybe SEE is worse, but they are neck and neck. For the insane requirements for Vader, to make him so bad, is kind of sad.

    Yeah plus DS GLs are already placed at a disadvantage compared to LS GLs since DSGTB is a cakewalk as opposed to LSGTB. So that just bumps up JMKs value even more compared to LV.
  • It's much easier to climb using JMK than with LV... I only have R7 on Maul and LV but not going higher unless it is a definitive win.

  • SEE, LV, and to some extent Maul are setup characters. The longer they go, the better they do. Which is all well and good, but every other GL is excellent immediately. Especially JMK CAT.
  • Really? 2 more R8 toons, yeah tough. But Wat Tambor is a locked gate for many. And Nego, and GK. LV is whale unlockable with no gates like those in the way. Yes GAS is a tough event, but you end up with GAS too. True GAS does have some GET2 required but no where near the time lock of Wat plus nego.

    Yes really as I also consider the gear (for ex mk7 kyrotech) of toon required before relic levels. By the way all the locked gates you mention were also available in the weekly shipment.
  • it's very disappointing that Lv with Maul is so weak. His defense is a tragedy, not enough that JMK has a longer tenure in the arena but LV is not a meta. If they don't get the buff, the only option left is to end the game. Toughest requirements of all GLs, waiting extra months for Maul and one of the first GLs came out. This is not how I pictured this "monster" as Crumb said....
  • SemiGod
    2405 posts Member
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    it's very disappointing that Lv with Maul is so weak. His defense is a tragedy, not enough that JMK has a longer tenure in the arena but LV is not a meta. If they don't get the buff, the only option left is to end the game. Toughest requirements of all GLs, waiting extra months for Maul and one of the first GLs came out. This is not how I pictured this "monster" as Crumb said....

    JMK & Rey are capable of autoing him it’s sad.
  • They need to rework LV because right now hes straight up Garbage. His abilities and ultimate does nothing since he doesnt ramp up his dmg quick enough before Maul either kills the enemy team or youre already beaten. He just stands there and applies DOTS 80% of the games. He was already weaker than GL without CAT and Maul, while a decent dmg dealer, cant compete with CATs instakill and gamechanging uniqie.
  • I think expecting LV to hold vs kenobi is unrealistic.

    Although not released at exactly the same time JMK and LV are a pair of GLs released in the same batch. I would expect them to beat each other, and beat older GLs.

    Asking for the ai to be made tougher is crazy. They could make many teams that you beat right now with various things suddenly unbeatable with just a small tweak to the general ai.

    Making certain toons priority is bad too in the long run. Look at GAS. Many newer toons have an ai that prefer to target him as a huge threat. So now we give him health and protection to absorb attacks without even taunting, and we use him that way.

    Don't expect your new shiny to hold against the just about as new shiny. Be glad he can beat JMK and everything else when under your control.

    JMK can auto LV whereas LV is at a decent risk of timing out against JMK on manual. Considering the wait people had to get through to get Maul and make LV even useable in arena thats absolutely ridiculous.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    zatchy wrote: »
    zatchy wrote: »
    Vader / Maul suck. Not worth the investment folks. If you were planning on grinding them, don’t. Just that simple.

    I’m end game player so of course I got him and maul, but yea when I think of all the relic mats I used for him it is very disheartening.

    I mean he is a gl and he beats stuff, but like with see, his kit is intended to sacrifice everyone else just long enough until he ramps up damage and can kill everything.

    Boring GL and easy to counter for pvp; he is fun in pve however.

    Same boat. If they are going to do this release cadence where they drop 1 GL first then 3 months and another, but the second shiny new toy is basically useless in the main game modes, it’s going to be easy to determine to save materials and just skip one. I’m end game too, with all the GL’s and hours wasted grinding for Maul with the awful new conquest….not worth it.

    If you are a player who has to make a choice on which GL you farm, just don’t bother with Vader. Over the top requirements for a underwhelming GL. I think he’s honestly 6th of 6.

    Nah nothing can stop SEE for being the worst GL tbh.

    TBH I think SEEs kit might be better than LVs, even if a SEE team isnt as good and a LV team. SEEs lead is absolute garbage, but at least once he hits ult you can start doing things even if his team is dead. LV, meanwhile, does nothing until you hit your ult at least 3 times and if your teams is dead you cant gain mastery and are just flailing helplessly until the enemy kills you or the timer runs out. Evens SEEs "massive damage" and 20 turn cd AoE is more impactfull than that.
  • Answer: Lord Vader has generated a sufficient amount of revenue. This would demonstrate he is indeed functioning as he was designed.
    Query: Did you expect otherwise?
  • CG messed up when they both say that GLs should be balanced but at the same time increase relic levels as requirements for new GLs. Of course there’s a dissonant of expectations for players, and CG has chosen a strange and arbitrary solution where’s there’s no balance but at the same time not matching GL team strength to the cost of them. If they’d at least be consistent.
  • Bladegunner
    211 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Traya, Gas etc specifically say in their kit that cooldown increases can't be resisted but it absent in Mauls kit.

    Does this mean it can be resisted? An oversight? Or is cooldown increase like tenacity down whereby it lands no matter what?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    SEE, LV, and to some extent Maul are setup characters. The longer they go, the better they do. Which is all well and good, but every other GL is excellent immediately. Especially JMK CAT.

    LV is a snowball, but he is more streamlined than SLKR who grows exponentially. Which in and off itself wouldn't be a bad thing, if it weren't for how long he takes to start snowballing. I blame it on how long it takes for Underestimated to stack to 60 and the fact it has a cap in and off itself.
  • DelCastles
    71 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Not sure I’m using this team correctly. Using LV, Maul, DV, Piett, RG. I’m not having much success in arena, I’m getting worked by JMK teams. Lord Vader without maul is completely worthless, Lord Vader with Maul is possibly just as bad. Please help i invested tons of time unlocking these two characters. I hate to say it but LV is by far the weakest GL by far, and adding Maul doesn’t seem to change this. I have to be doing something wrong. Please help.
  • Use lv maul and 3 tanks; don’t spam maul second special just keep it close to 5 stacks to constantly increase cool downs; make your squad more tanky lv is basically see 2.0; you just need to make it to second ult and then he Kills everything even if it’s like 3/4 vs him
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    zatchy wrote: »
    zatchy wrote: »
    Vader / Maul suck. Not worth the investment folks. If you were planning on grinding them, don’t. Just that simple.

    I’m end game player so of course I got him and maul, but yea when I think of all the relic mats I used for him it is very disheartening.

    I mean he is a gl and he beats stuff, but like with see, his kit is intended to sacrifice everyone else just long enough until he ramps up damage and can kill everything.

    Boring GL and easy to counter for pvp; he is fun in pve however.

    Same boat. If they are going to do this release cadence where they drop 1 GL first then 3 months and another, but the second shiny new toy is basically useless in the main game modes, it’s going to be easy to determine to save materials and just skip one. I’m end game too, with all the GL’s and hours wasted grinding for Maul with the awful new conquest….not worth it.

    If you are a player who has to make a choice on which GL you farm, just don’t bother with Vader. Over the top requirements for a underwhelming GL. I think he’s honestly 6th of 6.

    Nah nothing can stop SEE for being the worst GL tbh.

    TBH I think SEEs kit might be better than LVs, even if a SEE team isnt as good and a LV team. SEEs lead is absolute garbage, but at least once he hits ult you can start doing things even if his team is dead. LV, meanwhile, does nothing until you hit your ult at least 3 times and if your teams is dead you cant gain mastery and are just flailing helplessly until the enemy kills you or the timer runs out. Evens SEEs "massive damage" and 20 turn cd AoE is more impactfull than that.

    I’ve never hit the ult 3 times; battle is always win by the second for me
  • Use lv maul and 3 tanks; don’t spam maul second special just keep it close to 5 stacks to constantly increase cool downs; make your squad more tanky lv is basically see 2.0; you just need to make it to second ult and then he Kills everything even if it’s like 3/4 vs him
    Make more Tanky as in add more tanks? What is your setup?
  • Kyno
    32057 posts Moderator
    Traya, Gas etc specifically say in their kit that cooldown increases can't be resisted but it absent in Mauls kit.

    Does this mean it can be resisted? An oversight? Or is cooldown increase like tenacity down whereby it lands no matter what?

    From my understanding the only CD increase that can be resisted is Nute. I will check with the team, but it should not be resisted.
  • Vendi1983
    4832 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Kyno wrote: »
    Traya, Gas etc specifically say in their kit that cooldown increases can't be resisted but it absent in Mauls kit.

    Does this mean it can be resisted? An oversight? Or is cooldown increase like tenacity down whereby it lands no matter what?

    From my understanding the only CD increase that can be resisted is Nute. I will check with the team, but it should not be resisted.

    From what I found on .GG, Revan and Maul don't include the text "effect is unresistable"

    However; Nute and JML both do.
  • Sewpot
    1790 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Increase his stealth to last 3 turns, undispellable. On open moves.
    After that he can’t gain stealth again.
  • MaricSkywalker
    146 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Such a massive resource sink- and just a mediocre GL. Prob my favorite character going into swgoh, and I’m left with a awful feeling. Weeks without Maul- he wasn’t even used in arenas. Maul drops and it barely improved.

    Can beat jmk- but rare to see max banners- and it’s a full 5 minute fight. Just meh into JML. But it beats Rey! Woo hoo.

    Lesson learned - highest resource cost of any GL and just left with a pit in my stomach after playing him all yesterday.

    Yes it’s my opinion. Curious if anyone else feels the same
  • Legend91
    2066 posts Member
    edited October 26
    While I still struggled against one of the toughest shard JMKs and his nearly full R8 god modded JMK team on manual (my LV team being R7 on avg), I just beat another JMK that's on similar relic levels on full auto (after the CDI on CAT) in about 1.5 minutes. That was even with DV who, tbh, doesn't really add much in the hands of the AI because it, for whatever reason, uses the AoE first instead of going into MM and feed LV with underestimated stacks and spread ability blocks. Shore might be the much better choice here - unfortunately LV is a "mastery" GL who wants all your chars to be on high relics to feed off them.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
Sign In or Register to comment.