[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Replies

• Spence wrote: »
    yeah "have to" is a bit of an over-exaggeration there....

I can't imagine ever spending shard currency on omicrons. Sounds like some super late game (or whale) business to me.
  • Like imagine having to choose where you spend your resources in a *checks notes* resource management game?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

@kyno can you confirm these are accurate?

How are we supposed to win with Aurra surviving when she's already stabbed herself in the head with a huge hairpin? Come on devs!

0mlyltbg1f02.jpg
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    kalidor wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

kyno can you confirm these are accurate?

How are we supposed to win with Aurra surviving when she's already stabbed herself in the head with a huge hairpin? Come on devs!

0mlyltbg1f02.jpg

How else is she supposed to receive transmissions?
  • Zanir wrote: »
    So. Update cost many players a Wat shard because of the Aayla/QGJ mess. Par for the course on bug-ridden updates.

Tbh, I don't really care. My guild has only 1 player without a 7* Wat. Mine has been G12 for months and now I'm working on JMK, so I'm on the mk12 fusion furnace slog for the techno wizard. Sucks for that one guildie for sure.

At the same time, I'll give credit where credit is due, because the gear changes in the daily prize box and daily challenges should work out to give us 2 full mk5 stun guns, mk5 droid callers, mk3 carbantis, mk3 stun cuffs and mk8 biotech implants every month. After being starved for purple gear for so long, I feel as though I've now entered a core gear El Dorado. This frees up A LOT of energy and crystals to pour into G12+ salvage and kyrotech. This is one of the best updates SWGOH has ever received.

Just the challenges will give almost 3 a month for the added gear. So probably closer to 4 more a month on most of the gear. Carbontis were already in the challenges so it'll probably not be much increase there.
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    Now that there are feats requiring a character that isn’t farmable yet, as well as a feat structure requiring a narrower set of factions so as to force us to buy stamina refreshes, are we allowed to say there is some level of a paywall, or does that still upset semantic sensibilities?

The baits and switches are just unreal. Less emphasis on feats, but the feats will be less attainable. We think people are going through conquest too fast so we’re upping energy cost, but then selling a pack to let you go through faster.

C’mon. It’s just crappy. Like refusing to actually give a timetable for when gear changes would happen. In the grand scheme it doesn’t matter much, it’s just crappy to not give people a heads up so they could have saved challenges yesterday until the update occurred. Just try to make player enjoyment a priority. I don’t begrudge monetizing things and accept being f2p puts me on slower timelines. It’s a business. But for heaven’s sake, try to upfront letting people actually enjoy your new shiny things.

I’ve jumped through all the hoops in Conquest so far. I’ve done what they’ve wanted. I’ve done the grinding and spent crystals on consumables and energy. This new set up locks me out from max rewards, so why even bother? So less engagement, no spending for me anymore because the goal got moved too far out of reach. No point.

I agree the conquest feats are bad. Hopefully, there's enough that you can skip to make it manageable.

However, they gave warning on the update. It was posted the day before and the actual update happened at the same time it always does. If you didn't wait to do your challenges, that's on you.
  • with each road ahead the spite for the actual gamers only goes up. every design in the last couple years has been for $$ and hasnt brought anything that ive seen the average gamer ask for. we got conquest characters that they give you shards for but remove them before you get enough shards to complete so they make those chars impossible to get for average player even if they have been playing since the start of the game over 5 years ago.

galactic legends for whales only
    conquest characters for whales only
    r9 for whales only
    omnicron and cheat mode skills for certain events for whales only.

wheres the strategy and competitiveness without being a whale?

Not true. If you've played for 5 yrs you should easily be able to max crate. At max crate you get the new character in 5 conquests without spending any conquest currency on them. That is achievable ftp.
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    Spence wrote: »
    yeah "have to" is a bit of an over-exaggeration there....

I can't imagine ever spending shard currency on omicrons. Sounds like some super late game (or whale) business to me.

Agree. It's like using the shard shop for gg. Yes you can but it isn't a good use of resources.
  • What happens to the Razor Crest Shards? I went to go buy some in the Conquest Store, and it is gone. Is it moving to a node, or some place else?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What happens to the Razor Crest Shards? I went to go buy some in the Conquest Store, and it is gone. Is it moving to a node, or some place else?

It's on a rotation with CAT.

It will move somewhere else after it has hit the 1 year point from release.

No it's not going to be a node, they are looking at some type of event.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    So the devs said that older toons will be slowly recieving omicron level abilities. I can only assume that the first to recieve these will be galactic legends followed by toons like the revans and those unlocked through events. Who else will be getting them? I doubt every toon is getting this special treatment as there are too many to work with most of them bland generic unnamed ones that were around since the beginning of the game.

q3nlnb1fgw26.jpg

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021#latest
    No this doesnt seem to be a top down setup like you suggest.

The goal is to sure up factions and give underused ones some limelight. They also want to hit on some of the lesser used GL required toons.

After that its anyone's guess.

I hope they're careful with which GL requirements they put omicron abilities on. GL battles are tough enough without having to deal with a mini-GL on the same team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    So the devs said that older toons will be slowly recieving omicron level abilities. I can only assume that the first to recieve these will be galactic legends followed by toons like the revans and those unlocked through events. Who else will be getting them? I doubt every toon is getting this special treatment as there are too many to work with most of them bland generic unnamed ones that were around since the beginning of the game.

q3nlnb1fgw26.jpg

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021#latest

The goal is to sure up factions and give underused ones some limelight. They also want to hit on some of the lesser used GL required toons.

I hope they're careful with which GL requirements they put omicron abilities on. GL battles are tough enough without having to deal with a mini-GL on the same team.

Sure that is always a possibility, which is one reason they are limited to select game modes. They are also trying to bring up the leftovers not feed the GL, but obviously players will move things around the way they want.
  • BobaFettish86
    584 posts Member
    edited October 2021

q3nlnb1fgw26.jpg

Sure that is always a possibility, which is one reason they are limited to select game modes. They are also trying to bring up the leftovers not feed the GL, but obviously players will move things around the way they want.

Yeah I have no problem with them boosting the Rose Tico's or Vet Han's of the world with limited viability. Just as long as they don't include toons with more synergy like Sith Troopers and what not.

Maybe they could limit it to synergised toons that are in the leader slot.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

q3nlnb1fgw26.jpg

Yeah I have no problem with them boosting the Rose Tico's or Vet Han's of the world with limited viability. Just as long as they don't include toons with more synergy like Sith Troopers and what not.

Maybe they could limit it to synergised toons that are in the leader slot.

Probably not, the limitations they are looking for are mode specific, to make toons really strong, bit not necessarily challenge GLs as a general character. So making them great and edge into the GL range in a game mode but nowhere else.

If someone wants to sacrifice 2 teams to make one in that toons game mode, they are probably ok with that, because they know exactly where that will happen.
  • changes are okay, but ... still not enough. According to mbie, the current amount of gear falling out of the challenge should be x2, so there are carbanits in the week of 50-60 pieces, as usually 1 character needs 8x 2x more. prices in the guild store should be half that. and still waiting for assault battles to be x2. Same rally rewards improved. that there would be no full crafted g12 + for the top 10, a mockery. if the rewards in the aero cpit have been cut off, gear should be added. the changes we got really don't do anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    changes are okay, but ... still not enough. According to mbie, the current amount of gear falling out of the challenge should be x2, so there are carbanits in the week of 50-60 pieces, as usually 1 character needs 8x 2x more. prices in the guild store should be half that. and still waiting for assault battles to be x2. Same rally rewards improved. that there would be no full crafted g12 + for the top 10, a mockery. if the rewards in the aero cpit have been cut off, gear should be added. the changes we got really don't do anything.

Saying they dont really do anything, is not really accurate.

They hit the mark of getting us to g12 with less of the old pinch points. This was never meant to flood the market, just smooth the path.

Later phases will look at how things played out and I believe get into the g12+ area.
  • I'm sorry, but no, the bam upgrade itself is 250 carbonite, 200 stun digits, for whoever is awake, i.e. even a month of free time by the way, it cannot be improved. I omit the mk 8 implant, which are drastically weak, A note, the Cassian itself from g10 to 11 requires 180 pcs, which is over 3 weeks. and no drop is the ones with rajdown is bad, drop with itself is a scandal, only garbage is flying, hstr top3 and we get 20-30 pieces of g12 +. in general, the way to grow a character to g13 was not that much easier, skipping the relick. where we got the LV which just sucks. gl which solo cannot kill no GL units. mockery.
  • Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but no, the bam upgrade itself is 250 carbonite, 200 stun digits, for whoever is awake, i.e. even a month of free time by the way, it cannot be improved. I omit the mk 8 implant, which are drastically weak, A note, the Cassian itself from g10 to 11 requires 180 pcs, which is over 3 weeks. and no drop is the ones with rajdown is bad, drop with itself is a scandal, only garbage is flying, hstr top3 and we get 20-30 pieces of g12 +. in general, the way to grow a character to g13 was not that much easier, skipping the relick. where we got the LV which just sucks. gl which solo cannot kill no GL units. mockery.

I'm sorry, but no, the bam upgrade itself is 250 carbonite, 200 stun digits, for whoever is awake, i.e. even a month of free time by the way, it cannot be improved. I omit the mk 8 implant, which are drastically weak, A note, the Cassian itself from g10 to 11 requires 180 pcs, which is over 3 weeks. and no drop is the ones with rajdown is bad, drop with itself is a scandal, only garbage is flying, hstr top3 and we get 20-30 pieces of g12 +. in general, the way to grow a character to g13 was not that much easier, skipping the relick. where we got the LV which just sucks. gl which solo cannot kill no GL units. mockery.
  • For those people saying Conquest is still a totally viable game mode FtP:

I've been FtP since I joined the game January 2018. I've been in a guild for about 90% of that time, and changed guilds twice to make sure I wasn't the most dedicated player there. I've logged in for at least an hour every day since I joined; there are <30 total days that I didn't get all my dailies done.

My current roster has every legendary character except JKL, and no GL's. 5 million total power. Any GL would take me at least two years of dedicated grinding to unlock, and I've had other priorities.

For Conquests 7-9, I calculated that you would need to generate 1591 energy to get through every battle, fight each miniboss 3 times and each end boss twice, and swap out 5 data disks. At 12 minutes per energy, that takes 19,092 minutes, or 13.26 days, out of a 14 day event.

That's assuming you win every battle without ever losing a unit, and play diligently enough that the energy never caps out which resets the 12 minute timer. Even in that case, you would only have 4 extra battles of energy generated before the event ended.

I assumed that with a decently built roster that matched the recommended power for Hard mode (5 million), I would reasonably be able to achieve the top 3 crates like I did in Conquests 1-6. Instead the difficulty, energy costs, and feats were tuned so high I counted myself lucky for getting the second worst crate. It simply isn't possible for me to do better without spending premium currency (crystals) on energy and stamina refreshes.
    Even with a top tier roster that doesn't flinch at the difficulty of tuned-up relic 8 enemies, there wasn't physically enough time to generate enough energy to get the best rewards without spending crystals because of having to repeat so many battles in pursuit of feats. And a roster top-heavy enough to do that isn't possible to have FtP, even if you started grinding right at launch. I know that because if it were possible, then I would be about 4 years away from a maxed out roster, accounting for new character releases, and I'm not. I'm laughably far from it, and the gap only gets bigger with every new character, relic tier, mod tier, and gear type.

Requiring the use of premium currency, even if it is sometimes given to a player as an in-game reward, is not FtP game design.

It is literally impossible to do remotely well in Conquest as FtP anymore. Either you're spending on refreshes, or you've already spent on a roster good enough to do well without refreshes. Adding this battle pass system only makes that more true.

I've accepted that I'm never catching up. In a competitive game that has a business model based on microtransactions, there's always going to be a difference in the power curves of FtP and PtP. It's always going to be true that PtP will perform better and get better rewards; that's the point of competing. I don't even mind the PtW aspect of those power curves because CG has done a decent job of separating players into tiers.

Never mind that Conquest is PvE, and therefore not a competitive game mode in the first place.

But it bothers me how much more predatory and exploitative CG keep getting. Let's not lose perspective here! An annual subscription to a big MMO's is ~80$ a year, with additional in-game fees that are often cosmetic. CG has a tiny fraction of the content and staff that those games do. Even if we're generous about those in-game fees for the sake of this comparison, imagine ONLY spending 200$ on SWGOH a year to stay current! Instead of choosing to balance their in-game economy so that a single G12 finisher, of which you need a dozen to have even one GL, is worth 50$ US.
  • Amos wrote: »
    For those people saying Conquest is still a totally viable game mode FtP:

I've been FtP since I joined the game January 2018. I've been in a guild for about 90% of that time, and changed guilds twice to make sure I wasn't the most dedicated player there. I've logged in for at least an hour every day since I joined; there are <30 total days that I didn't get all my dailies done.

My current roster has every legendary character except JKL, and no GL's. 5 million total power. Any GL would take me at least two years of dedicated grinding to unlock, and I've had other priorities.

For Conquests 7-9, I calculated that you would need to generate 1591 energy to get through every battle, fight each miniboss 3 times and each end boss twice, and swap out 5 data disks. At 12 minutes per energy, that takes 19,092 minutes, or 13.26 days, out of a 14 day event.

That's assuming you win every battle without ever losing a unit, and play diligently enough that the energy never caps out which resets the 12 minute timer. Even in that case, you would only have 4 extra battles of energy generated before the event ended.

I assumed that with a decently built roster that matched the recommended power for Hard mode (5 million), I would reasonably be able to achieve the top 3 crates like I did in Conquests 1-6. Instead the difficulty, energy costs, and feats were tuned so high I counted myself lucky for getting the second worst crate. It simply isn't possible for me to do better without spending premium currency (crystals) on energy and stamina refreshes.
    Even with a top tier roster that doesn't flinch at the difficulty of tuned-up relic 8 enemies, there wasn't physically enough time to generate enough energy to get the best rewards without spending crystals because of having to repeat so many battles in pursuit of feats. And a roster top-heavy enough to do that isn't possible to have FtP, even if you started grinding right at launch. I know that because if it were possible, then I would be about 4 years away from a maxed out roster, accounting for new character releases, and I'm not. I'm laughably far from it, and the gap only gets bigger with every new character, relic tier, mod tier, and gear type.

Requiring the use of premium currency, even if it is sometimes given to a player as an in-game reward, is not FtP game design.

It is literally impossible to do remotely well in Conquest as FtP anymore. Either you're spending on refreshes, or you've already spent on a roster good enough to do well without refreshes. Adding this battle pass system only makes that more true.

I've accepted that I'm never catching up. In a competitive game that has a business model based on microtransactions, there's always going to be a difference in the power curves of FtP and PtP. It's always going to be true that PtP will perform better and get better rewards; that's the point of competing. I don't even mind the PtW aspect of those power curves because CG has done a decent job of separating players into tiers.

Never mind that Conquest is PvE, and therefore not a competitive game mode in the first place.

But it bothers me how much more predatory and exploitative CG keep getting. Let's not lose perspective here! An annual subscription to a big MMO's is ~80$ a year, with additional in-game fees that are often cosmetic. CG has a tiny fraction of the content and staff that those games do. Even if we're generous about those in-game fees for the sake of this comparison, imagine ONLY spending 200$ on SWGOH a year to stay current! Instead of choosing to balance their in-game economy so that a single G12 finisher, of which you need a dozen to have even one GL, is worth 50$ US.

I’m just as frustrated with cg and conquest as you. With that said, I don’t think most players will feel you should be doing better than you are. Recommended gp, imo, just means you should be able to achieve at least the first crate as the rewards are better than the best crate on normal which you did.

The expectation that you should be able to get max crate without any of the 6 gls is also a little off to me. It simply would be way too easy of a mode for too large of the player base given the rewards if this was true.

Finally, while crystals are indeed the premium currency, you can get over 1k a day. It’s hard to get to the point of 1st in both arenas as ftp but not impossible. So, while I completely accept your income level of crystals make them too valuable to use on conquest, I don’t accept that the combination of your choices over the past three years means you should be able to get max crate.
  • Just wamt to say thanks to CG.
    Its great to finally see the stun guns pouring in and the green crosses appearing
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    vqn2xdy3zj9g.jpeg

@kyno can you confirm these are accurate?

Lets see if I can get red box this time as a BH/scoundrel player lol

These teams usually wiped out before anyone gets a turn...
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »

I’m just as frustrated with cg and conquest as you. With that said, I don’t think most players will feel you should be doing better than you are. Recommended gp, imo, just means you should be able to achieve at least the first crate as the rewards are better than the best crate on normal which you did.

The expectation that you should be able to get max crate without any of the 6 gls is also a little off to me. It simply would be way too easy of a mode for too large of the player base given the rewards if this was true.

Finally, while crystals are indeed the premium currency, you can get over 1k a day. It’s hard to get to the point of 1st in both arenas as ftp but not impossible. So, while I completely accept your income level of crystals make them too valuable to use on conquest, I don’t accept that the combination of your choices over the past three years means you should be able to get max crate.

My bad! I didn't mean to complain that I'm not getting max crate, I started with my FtP details for context. I do still think that the recommended amount of power should be enough to get at least half-way to max crate? And if that isn't 5 mil then don't say that it is.

I just meant that no FtP account, anyone, ever, can get max crate in Conquest 7+. Even the heftiest PtP account has to spend crystals just to have enough energy to participate in the full gamut, and that seems like a really poor way to reward player loyalty and engagement. Conquest has become a subscription based thing, and a 20$ bi-weekly subscription to this amount of content sounds like a hyperbolic joke.

I know that even a FtP account can generate crystal income as a reward for consistently engaging with the game, so technically they can just spend that. I'm saying we shouldn't have to in an effort to overcome physically impossible time constraints. Crystals aren't required to fully participate in Territory Wars, Territory Battles, Galactic War, Grand Arena, legendary events, Assault Battles, Galactic Challenges, Raids, or even the PvP arenas. Crystals aren't even required to get the max rewards from any of those things; all you need is a good enough roster, a guild to call home, and intelligent play.

Conquest requires spending crystals, no matter how good your roster is, or how much you've already spent on the game. It goes against how the rest of the entire game is modeled, and it especially punishes FtP now with a non-crystal accessible battle pass.
  • with each road ahead the spite for the actual gamers only goes up. every design in the last couple years has been for $$ and hasnt brought anything that ive seen the average gamer ask for. we got conquest characters that they give you shards for but remove them before you get enough shards to complete so they make those chars impossible to get for average player even if they have been playing since the start of the game over 5 years ago.

r9 for whales only

Not true. If you've played for 5 yrs you should easily be able to max crate. At max crate you get the new character in 5 conquests without spending any conquest currency on them. That is achievable ftp.

This might have been true before they came up with the horrible idea of monetizing the Conquest with a battle pass. I have also been playing for about 5 years, the last 4 of them f2p, and have 2 GLs. So far I always got the max crate and was among the first players who unlocked the new Conquest characters. Now this will never happen again because even if I still manage to get the red crate again, those with a battle pass will receive additional shards and even a unique title. That takes away a lot of motivation from me to spend the same amount of time in the game as before, especially when there's not even an option to buy the pass with crystals instead of direct money.

My bad! I didn't mean to complain that I'm not getting max crate, I started with my FtP details for context. I do still think that the recommended amount of power should be enough to get at least half-way to max crate? And if that isn't 5 mil then don't say that it is.

I just meant that no FtP account, anyone, ever, can get max crate in Conquest 7+. Even the heftiest PtP account has to spend crystals just to have enough energy to participate in the full gamut, and that seems like a really poor way to reward player loyalty and engagement. Conquest has become a subscription based thing, and a 20$ bi-weekly subscription to this amount of content sounds like a hyperbolic joke.

I know that even a FtP account can generate crystal income as a reward for consistently engaging with the game, so technically they can just spend that. I'm saying we shouldn't have to in an effort to overcome physically impossible time constraints. Crystals aren't required to fully participate in Territory Wars, Territory Battles, Galactic War, Grand Arena, legendary events, Assault Battles, Galactic Challenges, Raids, or even the PvP arenas. Crystals aren't even required to get the max rewards from any of those things; all you need is a good enough roster, a guild to call home, and intelligent play.

Conquest requires spending crystals, no matter how good your roster is, or how much you've already spent on the game. It goes against how the rest of the entire game is modeled, and it especially punishes FtP now with a non-crystal accessible battle pass.

My apologies then. I agree with two competing principles with how cg has setup conquest. It is reasonable for cg to expect a crystal investment on top of all of the shard currency in order to unlock the conquest hero in 3 months. It’s also reasonable for players to expect to get max rewards without using crystals. The obvious change is to return conquest to the difficultly of 1-6 but require the purchase of 75 shards from the Jawa for crystals to unlock in three months.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    with each road ahead the spite for the actual gamers only goes up. every design in the last couple years has been for $$ and hasnt brought anything that ive seen the average gamer ask for. we got conquest characters that they give you shards for but remove them before you get enough shards to complete so they make those chars impossible to get for average player even if they have been playing since the start of the game over 5 years ago.

r9 for whales only

This might have been true before they came up with the horrible idea of monetizing the Conquest with a battle pass. I have also been playing for about 5 years, the last 4 of them f2p, and have 2 GLs. So far I always got the max crate and was among the first players who unlocked the new Conquest characters. Now this will never happen again because even if I still manage to get the red crate again, those with a battle pass will receive additional shards and even a unique title. That takes away a lot of motivation from me to spend the same amount of time in the game as before, especially when there's not even an option to buy the pass with crystals instead of direct money.

The additional shards do not allow any a player to unlock early. So while it does save them some Conquest currency to buy some gear, it is of little effect on the situation as a whole.
  • Hey sorry for an off-topic question but if I were to want to send a letter to you guys where could I send it. You have an address on google but I'm not sure if you get your mail there. The reason for the letter is for something with getting Eagle Scout. So, if you could help me out that would be the best.
  • @Kyno so Rose and Jawas got some Omicron love. Could you ask the devs if Tusken Raider will be added to this list? As of right now there's never been a need to use Tuskens for anything. Is it because most of these changes seem to be for TW? It would be great to see a couple more Tusken characters, maybe a Bantha for tanking?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno so Rose and Jawas got some Omicron love. Could you ask the devs if Tusken Raider will be added to this list? As of right now there's never been a need to use Tuskens for anything. Is it because most of these changes seem to be for TW? It would be great to see a couple more Tusken characters, maybe a Bantha for tanking?

Right now the only ideas expressed, were to sure up under used factions and also add in some required toons to help them feel less painful.

I think that anyone without a full team would be pretty low on the list, due to not really adding any value, or viability.

We have only seen one, so while this is currently 100% TW focused, I wouldn't expect that to be the norm.

I hope they round out factions like that.

I think you're making a great point here - conquest requires crystal investment to maximize payout where no other game mode explicitly does. There are some nuances that I think you might be glossing over though. All those other game modes you mentioned, while they may not explicitly state that some kind of spending is going to be required, certainly do benefit from investment of real world currency or crystals to maximize rewards.

Most people that do a daily arena climb to maximize their rewards will do a refresh to get there, and that costs crystals. Also, people often buy core gear with crystals or real world currency to become more competitive and maximize rewards in all of the game modes that you mentioned. With CG adding more core gear to the economy there will be fewer resources spent on those bread and butter items so in order to keep the financial metrics healthy, they have to make up the difference somewhere.

All they've done is moved the expenditure from one place to another. I don't get why so many people don't understand this. Increasing the availability of core gear has the effect of eliminating a large source of revenue - why on earth would they do that if they couldn't make it up somewhere else? They're in a no-win situation here - as long as they're asking people to pay for something, some players are going to be mad about it. If they stop asking people to pay for things, the corporate types are going to be mad.

As an aside, getting a day 1 unlock of a character through conquest - even if you have to spend money to get it is still far and away cheaper than getting a day one 7* marquee character. At least the f2p and low spenders get a chance at it in conquest where-as there's no way around spending hundreds of dollars for the marquee if you want 7* on day one.

Honestly, I really wish they'd have left conquest alone. They created a fun game mode and then ramped up the frustration mechanics in order to monetize it. Nearly every change that they've made since the end of C6 has been frustrating and I still haven't seen a single mention of the duplicate data disks problem that's probably a 5 minute code fix - serious bang for the buck on that one and it honestly baffles me that they can't make time to do it.

But lazy coding/bugs aside, if monetized conquest is the trade-off for the gear being more accessible (gear that helps us in ALL game modes) - then maybe it's actually a fair trade. I just dropped a stun gun on Gamorrean Guard to try to get ready for the conquest feats. I never EVER would have done that if I didn't have some faith that I could replace that stun gun in a reasonable amount of time.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.