[MEGA] Road Ahead: October 2021

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

How?

By making it much easier to get max crate and thus, in fact, affecting the unlock cadence. Which is something they specifically said won't happen.

No it doesn't. You need to read what it does before making embarrassing posts.

If anything it makes getting the max crate faster but not easier. Nothing in the pass makes the battles easier.

Battle pass+ is for people who want to complete conquest in a few days rather than the whole 2 week period.

Faster is easier for some people.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Should have added just the regular pass and stopped there, the pass+ really craps on ftp.

How?

By making it much easier to get max crate and thus, in fact, affecting the unlock cadence. Which is something they specifically said won't happen.

If anything it makes getting the max crate faster but not easier. Nothing in the pass makes the battles easier.

Battle pass+ is for people who want to complete conquest in a few days rather than the whole 2 week period.

you missed the math that was done for how much faster, didn't you? as it is, you'll pay and still spend crystals to finish conquest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »

How?

Really?

So 50 battles in one amount of time, is easier in less time?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

How?

Really?

If they can't log in as often then yes
  • Overall, really like everything announced, just with a couple concerns, and one specific critique.

So, we'll start with the Critique.
    I don't think the first Omicron character revealed should've been one related to PVP.
    I think the overall reaction to this would've been a lot more positive if the first reveal was something like a TB or Raid option. Or if there was at least a PVE option revealed alongside it.

So, now to the concerns.
    Login Calendar: With no details on what the paid for ones are going to look like, I have a lot of concerns for what this could eventually end up doing to the viability of pure F2P, as well as what this could end up doing to future balance overall - If it's just basic stuff like more credits, basic gear, older non-premium shards, etc. then it's w/e.
    But if there ends up being no crystal option and it's stuff like "here's 100 of each bad batch characters' shards for $5 so long as you login every day" or something like that...

Similar concerns with the conquest pass, especially with the screenshots showing no crystal option. If it's just minor stuff, then eh, w/e, but some of this stuff could have huge repercussions if there's "too much" value in them - Particularly regarding stuff like Omicrons, Zetas, "premium" shards/materials/etc.

Again, I REALLY like most of this, these are some great changes, there's just very little to be gained from any party in talking about the very obvious specifics for why some of these look great - More gear income? Finally. GL-power levels on non-GL characters to potentially improve roster viability, make GL investments feel better, and push groups into clearing higher content? Great. Better seasonal events in the future from calendars? Great. There's just... not much "discussion" to be had regarding the positives - They're positive, and the "why"s for them being positives are... pretty self explanatory in most cases.

My final note.
    Moving past the clone wars "to something you'll never expect" - To me, this sounds like it's going to be neither a movie era, nor something like the high republic that's being pushed.
    To me, this sounds like something along the lines of: The Old Republic, both the era and the game. We're missing tons of stuff from KOTOR2 as well as literally anything from SWTOR, or something like Visions, which would be completely different designs, rather creative choices, and most would be pretty plug and play within their factions, seeing as there'd realistically be no specific team for them.
    Or... something like game characters or legends content - Fallen order, the jedi knight series, Legends Luke and associated characters, stuff like that.

Sure, there's a chance that it's just something like SW: Resistance (never did get anything from that show), High republic despite it being pushed just because it has zero shows, movies or games as of now, or something... even weirder, like a lego cross-over (ok, seriously, I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. I know the licensing and stuff would be a serious pain compared with any other choice, but it would be absolutely hilarious to have a Lego Faction lol.), but... aside from the very unlikely lego crossover, those just feel more like things that would be "expected".
    Which is also why I'm excluding the missing Mandalorian, Skywalker Saga, etc. characters. They're... expected.
    ...unless someone finally saw my posts about why Jar-Jar and the gungan faction should be added >.> Which might be "unexpected" purely because people weirdly hate gungans for some... reason.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

How?

Really?

Pretty sure 50 battles takes the same amount of time, only need to log in once. :wink:
  • Alright, I have to say, I am liking a lot of what I’m seeing.

I do wish Boba Fett would have not been a conquest exclusive since I know that means I’m not getting him for a long time.

The biggest thing here for me personally is the omicron ability materials. I love the idea, and I love that they’ll be a bit more accessible at launch than the likes of omega or zeta materials were, or are, but as much as I like it, I have to say my biggest thing with this is that I worry it’s going to mean that a lot of older characters are going to get just these new mode specific abilities, while I’m personally more of a general rework/touch-up kind of person. I like the characters I’m using to be able to tackle all manners of content rather than be focused on just one type, you know?

I’m hoping that I don’t sound ungrateful here, because I really do like that the new Boba Fett is coming, and the new omicron upgrades, but to me, in a way if feels a bit like a double-edged sword. Other than that, I appreciate a lot of these changes like the login calendars, though I couldn’t really care about the conquest pass, or paid login calendars since I already know I’m personally not buying those. All power to you if you really want to though, and looking forward to the puzzle and watching other people solve it since I know I can’t.
  • After the client update we are getting a lot of “missing buttons bug”. Many players at my guild reported it. I got it 2 times in a row on TB battles. Are you guys aware of it?
  • Just wondering is the conquest pass the $10 or $30 option for each time a conquest starts or more like a flat payment?
  • celsogbj wrote: »
    After the client update we are getting a lot of “missing buttons bug”. Many players at my guild reported it. I got it 2 times in a row on TB battles. Are you guys aware of it?

I just got it right now. In Phase 4 of a combat mission.
  • At what date will the gear changes roll out? To me it seems I just got a new loading screen(nice one) but no changes in game.

Of course the TB seems to be broken again, is it for the third time?
    So no positive changes and a broken TB, at least a date when the changes will take place would be nice.

For the changes I think they look quite nice, just please stop rolling out new versions with this many bugs.
  • celsogbj wrote: »
    After the client update we are getting a lot of “missing buttons bug”. Many players at my guild reported it. I got it 2 times in a row on TB battles. Are you guys aware of it?

Just happened to me.. This is not good
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited October 2021

How?

Really?

Pretty sure 50 battles takes the same amount of time, only need to log in once. :wink:

You can do 50 conquest battles at one time as ftp?

I am just saying some days I work 15 hours other times I have the day off. Days off will be nicer to know that my energy recharges a bit faster. So that will make my life easier from a time management standpoint.

And no matter how you want to argue, conquest is about energy. So if they allow you to earn energy at a 25% faster rate they are allowing you to complete conquest 25% faster. And if I can get done with conquest in 7 days what used to take 10 or 11, that to me makes my life easier. Doesn't mean it makes it easier for you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

How?

Really?

I am just saying some days I work 15 hours other times I have the day off. Days off will be nicer to know that my energy recharges a bit faster. So that will make my life easier from a time management standpoint.

And no matter how you want to argue, conquest is about energy. So if they allow you to earn energy at a 25% faster rate they are allowing you to complete conquest 25% faster. And if I can get done with conquest in 7 days what used to take 10 or 11, that to me makes my life easier. Doesn't mean it makes it easier for you.

Different yes, but it doesnt make the game easier.I wouldnt mind at all for this game mode to be less taxing on my day to day.

And to the original point, no this doesnt change the cadence.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are aware of an increase in crash reports from Territory Battles. We are investigating the issue and will update you when we have more information.

Thank you for your understanding.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250698/territory-battle-issue-increase-in-crashes#latest
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

How?

Really?

Different yes, but it doesnt make the game easier.I wouldnt mind at all for this game mode to be less taxing on my day to day.

And to the original point, no this doesnt change the cadence.

We disagree. Less time to manage makes it easier for me. Again, not speaking for you. You don't need to argue about how something makes me feel.
  • Nick_74 wrote: »
    At what date will the gear changes roll out? To me it seems I just got a new loading screen(nice one) but no changes in game.

Of course the TB seems to be broken again, is it for the third time?
    So no positive changes and a broken TB, at least a date when the changes will take place would be nice.

For the changes I think they look quite nice, just please stop rolling out new versions with this many bugs.

@Kyno can we get a response from the devs on this? It said gear updates would be available with the update but I haven't seen any change to the daily challenge gear or shard store.

• That is not a paywall.

Paywall Conquest would mean you cannot play without money. You can play Conquest for free, and get more by spending. I am fairly certain that is one of the driving promises of this game. Play for free, $$ gets you more stuff, than just your time will.[/quote]

Yes it is. They had a great hot dog, for free. Then they hid it behind a paywall. Introducing the new free ****-sandwich before doing that does not change the fact you now have to pay for the hot dog…
  • Paying for extra rewards is not the issue. Making players pay for quality of life is the issue! Sure we can make an enjoyable game, just not for free… and the audacity of then sending mods into forums claiming its a “free to play” game… yeah and a bike is a free to play race car…
  • That’s not what a paywall is though. A paywall is when you need to pay to get whatever’s behind. You can still get Max rewards, including Boba, without it.

In this case, Free Disk Swaps are behind a paywall. The ability to beat Conquest, gain the type of rewards in the Battle Pass, and unlock Boba as soon as possible, are not.

It is creating a problem and selling a solution (manufactured demand?), which is an irritating if all too common practice, but that’s a whole other thing.
  • Gear crunch :
    - Login calendar : not enough detail to know how if it will improve gear crunch
    - Daily Quest Changes : good but not a revolution
    - Weekly Gear Challenges : not enough detail to know how if it will improve gear crunch (how many by Weekly Gear Challenges?)
    - Galactic Challenge Rewards : not enough detail to know how if it will improve gear crunch

Mode Specific Characters and Abilities :
    - Sounds good but a simply reworks should be better for this toon
    - New economy system for CG $$

Conquest :
    - Less Feat more batlle : good change
    - Crystal purchases added to Wandering Scavengers for Boba => change economy system for CG $$
    - Special Event Passes : New economy system for CG $$
    -> Conquest Pass : not enough detail to pronounce
    -> Conquest Pass + : 20$ more than normal pass for little advantage

Galaxy of Heroes Turns 6 Years Old :
    - Box seems good this years
    - Double drop

Conclusion
    - No revolution in gear crunch with phase 1 (these changes should have done 3 years ago)
    - 2 New economy system for CG $$ who seems come in game to balance the improve for gear crunch which still not have a revolution with phase 1

• Just want to comment on the word “paywall”, there are different kinds of paywalls. People claiming that this isn’t a paywall are thinking of hard paywalls, it’s all-or-nothing. However there are soft paywalls as well where you have limited access, like fewer attempts at conquest per day. So you’re both right depending on which definition you want to use.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

How?

So you never ran into issues with energy and stamina? Teach me your secrets!
  • Just want to comment on the word “paywall”, there are different kinds of paywalls. People claiming that this isn’t a paywall are thinking of hard paywalls, it’s all-or-nothing. However there are soft paywalls as well where you have limited access, like fewer attempts at conquest per day. So you’re both right depending on which definition you want to use.

But conquest is the same, there is no paywall at all, I do hope overall conquest will become less of a pain with all the grinding, the Conquest pass is nothing but a glorified pack, and we've seen those packs since the launch of the game, nothing new here.

I do believe tho, that Conquest pass+ has a really bad value, it gives no real benefit for it's price.
  • Is the pass for all Conquest, 3 in a row or only for 1?
  • Kalino wrote: »
    Is the pass for all Conquest, 3 in a row or only for 1?

You made me laugh a lot, now I am just sad
  • Nightmara
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Updated the game, got the daily account reset.
    No phase 1 gear changes to be found. I thought this was included with the title update? Please respond and advise, thank you.

Also, I think the majority of the update is good and has me pretty excited for the future. More positive updates like this please!
  • Kalino
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Coran_Horn wrote: »
    Kalino wrote: »
    Is the pass for all Conquest, 3 in a row or only for 1?

You made me laugh a lot, now I am just sad
    Why?