Knocked from rank #5 to rank #16 in one fight?

How is this even possible? I'm never allowed to attack #5 from the #16 position. And yes I am positive it was one fight, I was refreshing.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    After that I attacked from #16 to #8 and won, with less than 3 minutes to go. Somehow, in that short period of time, someone managed to find me, attack me and beat me, all in less than 3 minutes, so I ended up in #16 again.
    There's something VERY annoying and weird going on here, and it's making me not even want to bother with PvP any more.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I've been given the option to attack #4 from #12, so 16->5 seems probable. I think only the top 3 are out of limit if you're not in the top 6.

    And with less than 3 minutes to go, you probably have the largest number of people looking for snipes.

    Seems like an unfortunate outcome for you, but not broken.
  • It is not possible for me to attack more than 10 places up from within the 11-20 bracket. I am 100% certain of this. The maximum is always 9, always has been. I don't know what's going on here, but it smells bad.
    As for the 3 minute thing, yes, it's possible someone found me and beat me that fast. (My team is good but not great.) I'll concede that. Just seemed bizarre given what happened before (the 16 to 5 thing).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    [comment removed.]
    waahhh my character got nerfed! waaahhh everything is op nerf it! waaaaahhh I made the wrong character choices
  • In the last 5 minutes it's the luck of the draw, dust off tomorrow will be here soon.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    BentWookie wrote: »
    In the last 5 minutes it's the luck of the draw, dust off tomorrow will be here soon.

    That's not the point here. If there is no way for me to jump from 16 to 5, there should be no way for anyone else to do it either. There wasn't enough elapsed time for two fights to have occurred from the time the screen said #5 to the time it said #16.
    @CG_AaronNemoyten Aaron, any ideas on this? Am I missing something?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    BentWookie wrote: »
    In the last 5 minutes it's the luck of the draw, dust off tomorrow will be here soon.

    That's not the point here. If there is no way for me to jump from 16 to 5, there should be no way for anyone else to do it either. There wasn't enough elapsed time for two fights to have occurred from the time the screen said #5 to the time it said #16.
    @CG_AaronNemoyten Aaron, any ideas on this? Am I missing something?

    did you really report me? I'm going to start reporting your comments too.
    waahhh my character got nerfed! waaahhh everything is op nerf it! waaaaahhh I made the wrong character choices
  • Unless you force(pun intended) close the app, hitting refresh is not accurate. This game is buggy.
  • No I have had fights with ranked 4 when I was 16 before. I've refreshed alot on the 3rd time this happened and I can only attack the three ahead of me, except after a couple the number 4 would show back up. I did this a couple more times as well after this and always s same. Only the three ahead of me except for one person that's a couple ranks ahead of me.

    Best thing I could think of, is the person shows up as a type of revenge battle, maybe it's the guy took the spot from me, and after a few people jumped last me I still have a chance to get my old spot back. Just a threoy is all.

    As far as winning in 3 minutes. I can win 99% of my matches in 2 minutes now. Which almost cost me my #1 slot today as I went into battle to hold my spot not thinking about it and won with almost 4 minutes left. So I kept a carefull eye on it to see. At 6 was still #1, collected my winnings, checked arena again wasn't even a minute after yet and was dropped to 3rd.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    It's important to note that peoples reward times can be different. So this means #1 arena rewards are given out multiple times in a day.

    I am also fairly certain that the game does not actually keep track of what position players are every hour, so it is your game that issues the rewards. This means battles fought right up to 6pm could award both players the no 1 reward depending on data sync scheduling.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »
    It's important to note that peoples reward times can be different. So this means #1 arena rewards are given out multiple times in a day.

    I am also fairly certain that the game does not actually keep track of what position players are every hour, so it is your game that issues the rewards. This means battles fought right up to 6pm could award both players the no 1 reward depending on data sync scheduling.

    Are you sure about this and if so, do you know of an official statement on this?
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Actually I'm thinking the servers do have different reward times as well reason why is because what I see on my server.

    About 1 1/2 before rewards come out for me I see then same 4 people everyday start battling it out and always comes down to who gets the last snipe. Then 1 hour before rewards they completely stop. ( this is when I start my jump ) Then I have the same 2 guys battling with me for the top spot ( luckily they have yet to snipe out of top spot at rewards time but they are getting closer each day)
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    After that I attacked from #16 to #8 and won, with less than 3 minutes to go. Somehow, in that short period of time, someone managed to find me, attack me and beat me, all in less than 3 minutes, so I ended up in #16 again.
    There's something VERY annoying and weird going on here, and it's making me not even want to bother with PvP any more.

    It isn't hard to find people since the game gives you them. It also isn't hard to beat someone in 2-3 minutes. My recommendation is to fight someone at the 5 min mark before rewards are sent out and you usually will be safe from getting knocked further down the list.

Sign In or Register to comment.