I am happy that guilds are here but why do raids have gear?

So. I am not a fan of guilds. I've done my wow raiding time, did my random assorted fps clans, but I do this game for solo fun. I really appreciate the inclusion of ingame content. I really appreciate the new communications this will allow. However, my personal preference should not dictate others not having theirs. I'm just asking to continue the grind without reliance on a guild for raiding.

I do not appreciate the raiding aspect of gearing. That is not to say that I don't thing raising deserves gear. But I dislike that raiding is thus far the only listed location for this gear. I'd personally prefer it to be something akin to challenges, where gear can be gotten en masse, but only if one wants to complete the challenge.

And double my distaste if the gear rewards are based off of competitive raiding. That is probably the fastest way to turn off a lot of moderate spenders very quickly. Yes, this can build community through competition, but it can very easily alienate a large portion of the player base if rewards get too skewed.

I'm not saying I don't want guilds. I'm not saying raiding shouldn't give rewards. I am saying that if appreciate ways to get that gear outside of raiding.

Replies

• Llewella
    400 posts Member
    +1

• HelloHey
    186 posts Member
    Raiding basically means grinding

Don't expect easy gear drops

I'm guessing maybe 1 per day
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I had the same thought. I hope raiding can be made into an optional challenge rather than a required aspect of progression.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Just think, now we are only 1 "waiting to fill", 2 false starts, 1 familiarization Total Party Wipe, and 1 completion away from relying on RNG to determine who gets the one loot drop.
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Just think, now we are only 1 "waiting to fill", 2 false starts, 1 familiarization Total Party Wipe, and 1 completion away from relying on RNG to determine who gets the one loot drop.

Your forgot the someone has to randomly go and the alternate outside has gone afk without telling anyone.
  • Completely agree! I did my painful WoW raiding time. I don't want to have to rely on other to keep progressing..... I'm fine with raiding people to process faster seeing as they are spending more time playing. But why make the gear exclusive to raiding.....
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I think it will follow Heroes Charge

Raiding is technically solo

It'll be exactly like Ls/Ds node. Only the enemies will deal same amount of damage but have 100x more health. The boss will be at end of node, being something with 1000X more health than the average character

You will take turns battling with your guild, and be rewarded based on a "take a number" system, and also rewarded for the damage you did

After you fight, the enemies do not regain health (and enemy healers cannot heal), and then the next person tries to fight. It's meant for you to lose the battle but progress through it slowly and cooperatively

By "take a number", you claim which item you want, and if that item drops when a battle ends, whoever is first in line gets it.

So, still it is solo play

If a dev wants to claim this raid feature is not copy paste from Heroes Charge, then I dare you to say it
  • SandmanSlim
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Am I way off base to think that the announcement of raids is separate from guilds ( "Is your roster ready" or what have you ) and hopefully contains a challenge for a more broad starter/bench from a 1p only perspective? It seems that a challenge put forth to test the depth of one's roster that gives loot rewards those who have put the time and effort into getting many strong characters would satisfy many players.
    I have not played any games with "raids" before, so I guess I just need clarification...
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    I agree with original post. I am very disappoint that guild raids are the only means for critical gear peices. Guess I have to chat with geeks to keep playing.

I haven't even seen force awakens yet. But I like this game for the most part, although that is true less and less