Unbalanced Ships/Squads

DarthSkiffle
4 posts Member
edited November 2021
For some time I have had issue (I'm not alone I'm sure), with the unbalanced squads/ships so far as how many toons/ships are available for certain faction lineups. I just unlocked the Malevolence the other day and noticed a huge issue with not having enough Fighters to go with all of the Capitol Ships I have.
Here's my breakdown:

44 fighters, 9 capitol ships
means
6 full ship squads with 2 fighters remaining and 3 capitol ships remaining

mismatch squads (number of toons/faction):

6 - 501st
14 - BH
11 - Clones
22 - Empire
7 - Ewok
11 - FO
4 - Imp Remnant
11 - Imp Trooper
29 - Jedi
8 - Nightsister
9 - Old Republic
7 - Phoenix
37 - Rebels
16 - Resistance
9 - Rogue One
18 - Sith
7 - Sith Empire
3 - Tusken
12 - Un Force User

So many odd numbers of toons within factions lead to issues in synergy and mismatches, rendering those toons useless in TW as well as Raids and events. There are already a bunch of "filler" toons in Cantina, Light, and Dark side (as well as events) that could help.....Just saying. Perhaps there is a plan down the road to even things out? (You know, like how few Dark side toons there are compared to Light side total?)
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Well I think nobody will come out and say we have a very faction balanced roster. There certainly could be more toons/ships in certain factions. There are some factions, when CG created them they might have had plans to grow them but then over time deviated from their plan and other factions become more popular. Also, this is a Star Wars universe brand game, the developers can't just freely invent new characters as they wish. They have to be inline with the canon. And last but not least, CG also has to follow the way Disney develops the Star Wars franchise, if they want to stay commercially relevant.

On the other hand, factions are overrated. Personally, I like plug&play characters/ships, which work well across factions. That gives much more room for theory-crafting. This is just another aspect.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    We just need more ships, period.
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

But we domt want ships...

But some people do
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Kiaowew wrote: »

But we I domt want ships...

FTFY.
  • Kyno wrote: »

FTFY.

You left the "domt" though?
  • Kyno wrote: »

FTFY.

You left the "domt" though?

I literally was going to say that
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

But we domt want ships...

I don't enjoy ship mode either, but if I'm forced to play it, I'd Iike to have enough ships for all the caps.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    I agree there needs to be more ship content, however, I don't think that every Capital ship needs to have a full fleet.

For example, GG and the Seps don't really need anything else, they have 2 tanks between Sun Fac and HB, and plenty of damage between VD and Geo Spy, and there are only 5 non-capital separatist ships. Plus, Geo Soldier's ship really is left on the bench most of the time. Similarly, I don't feel like we should add a bunch of Galactic Republic ships to the game to make sure Mace has a full team.

Both FO and Resistance could use at least a tank, which could allow for some fun diversity in the ship meta (for GAC). But other than those 2, I think that most of the fleets are really finished, because nobody ever uses Mace, and you usually use either Thrawn or Tarkin.
  • I use Mace and Galactic Republic as defense in TW as well as GA. As far as toons, it'd be nice to have 2 squads of Sisters, maybe a revamped Tusken squad (game already has generic Tuskens as opponents in Cantina/Light/Dark wherever. My comment is based mainly on those squads that are just not full enough for a complete squad. I really don't give a frak what anyone's motivations are regarding this faction or that ship. I'd just like to see completeness, so that there are no wasted squads due to incompleteness or lack of synergy.