Megathreads are lame

Nightlores
1608 posts Member
edited April 2016
I can understand moderators don't want to have duplicate threads, but just combining totally different topics seems a bit overkill to me... what do you think?

Megathreads are lame 20 votes

Yes (I love reading ****)
35%
ElinadbenacrowMurderholeDaddyngo007LaLiamNightloresQuantifier5485 7 votes
No (like I am gonna read 244 new messages)
45%
DarthbaneNonemoSmithieOlleEibbor_TharthJaquizz1616OpreichLMYYYKSKobi 9 votes
Don't care (now move along)
20%
Manicmousedano7591SNAKEMANzerizut 4 votes

Replies

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Oeps I mixed the description of Yes and No. And no idea how to change a poll :smiley:
  • No (like I am gonna read 244 new messages)
    I don't read megathreads.
  • Good as it stops too many multi threads happening and bloating the forum
    Bad cos once you post in there your comments/replies can get lost very quickly
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Megathreads are Megabad
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    No (like I am gonna read 244 new messages)
    No, mega threads are not lame. They're the MO for any good forum. Because I'm tired of wading through dozens of Dooku threads to find content that helps me. Joining threads is the way to keep the first page shiny.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    I can understand moderators don't want to have duplicate threads, but just combining totally different topics seems a bit overkill to me... what do you think?

This is inaccurate. It wouldn't make sense to "just combining totally different topics" together. Combining similar topics into a megathread, on the other hand, would benefit those looking for the information they are looking for instead of seeing similar topics over and over again.

Closing. If you feel Megathreads are counter-productive, please send a PM to EA_Jesse.

FashionFett.
This discussion has been closed.