Fix your broken GAC matchmaking!!!

I am 3.6m gp, non GL, got matched against players that have GLs 3 times. Only one of them placed his GL on defense. Either give us way to counter GLs with non-GL team, or fix your **** matchmaking. You made this game unenjoyable, and I hope the community stand up against this nonsense. Don't even wanna mention conquest. Does anyone know way to contact Capital Games?

Replies

• GAC matchmaking works the same way it has for over two years now. Fix your roster.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    GAC matchmaking works the same way it has for over two years now. Fix your roster.

This is always the solution. Do not blame the matchmaking for YOUR own roster decisions. GP bands is honestly the fairest way to do it. If you don't want to be on the backfoot, improve your roster meaningfully.
  • I got hate messages because my opponent had 1 GL while I had 3.......his gp was higher than mine.

It's based on GP, which is how it should be.
  • nottenst
    405 posts Member
    edited November 9
    iMacedon wrote: »
    I am 3.6m gp, non GL, got matched against players that have GLs 3 times. Only one of them placed his GL on defense. Either give us way to counter GLs with non-GL team, or fix your **** matchmaking. You made this game unenjoyable, and I hope the community stand up against this nonsense. Don't even wanna mention conquest. Does anyone know way to contact Capital Games?

You would think that it would only be logical for non-GL rosters to be matched against non-GL rosters after they took away non-GL counters to GLs. Unfortunately, CG is not logical (except when it comes to trying to monetize their game). Still, be careful about what you wish for, because after many complaints about the matchmaking in TW, they did change it and it looks to be even worse than it was before. People complained about how they changed Conquest and made it more of a grind and they just made it worse.

It is very unlikely that they will change the matchmaking in GAC in any positive way from your viewpoint. Most of their actions have been pointed towards forcing people to get GLs one way or another.

The one positive thing they did do is make it easier to get some of the gear that you need in order to gear up the required characters that a GL needs. Previous to that they did increase the drop rate of shards of some of those characters. This way you will be able to get some of the GLs faster than those who were around when they were first introduced.

So, it seems that best thing you can do to improve your roster is to pick a GL you like and go full force into getting it. (Of course wrt the GAC matchmaking, as soon as you get one GL you will probably be matched against someone with 2 and so on.) Also, keep an eye on your GAC history and look at that of your opponents. Get some ideas from them about squads that are good blocks. Check the GAC meta page at https://swgoh.gg/gac/
    Talk to people in your guild.

As far as communicating with Capital Games. The only thing that seems to get any attention is leaving a review for the app at the Google Play Store or the Apple equivalent.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • nottenst wrote: »
    You would think that it would only be logical for non-GL rosters to be matched against non-GL rosters after they took away non-GL counters to GLs. Unfortunately, CG is not logical (except when it comes to trying to monetize their game). Still, be careful about what you wish for, because after many complaints about the matchmaking in TW, they did change it and it looks to be even worse than it was before. People complained about how they changed Conquest and made it more of a grind and they just made it worse.

Why? No seriously, why? Why should people flourish in a PVP environment in a game where there is a clearly defined meta when they do not work towards that meta?

Why should people who are laser focused on achieving that meta being almost punished by ONLY going against people with the same focus?

Why should those who made bad or uninformed roster decisions be rewarded by ONLY going against those who made similarly bad choices?

This line of thinking makes no sense in a COMPETITIVE environment and only serves as an excuse, and a bad one at that.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »

Why? No seriously, why? Why should people flourish in a PVP environment in a game where there is a clearly defined meta when they do not work towards that meta?

Why should people who are laser focused on achieving that meta being almost punished by ONLY going against people with the same focus?

Why should those who made bad or uninformed roster decisions be rewarded by ONLY going against those who made similarly bad choices?

This line of thinking makes no sense in a COMPETITIVE environment and only serves as an excuse, and a bad one at that.

It must be too hard for you to comprehend, but it is because CG changed the rules. Those people who went after the non-GL counters to GLs were NOT making a bad or uninformed roster decision at the time. There was no way to know that CG would nerf all those counters.
    It must be too hard for you to comprehend, but it is because CG changed the rules. Those people who went after the non-GL counters to GLs were NOT making a bad or uninformed roster decision at the time. There was no way to know that CG would nerf all those counters.

No I would argue that it was a bad decision to chase a counter as opposed to getting the OP unit itself. Why wouldn't you want to put yourself at an advantage? I repeat, this is a competitive game. Either move with the competition and strive to be on top in all game modes or fall behind. It's the exact same in any competitive environment.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »

No I would argue that it was a bad decision to chase a counter as opposed to getting the OP unit itself. Why wouldn't you want to put yourself at an advantage? I repeat, this is a competitive game. Either move with the competition and strive to be on top in all game modes or fall behind. It's the exact same in any competitive environment.

Building a known counter to one GL while working on another GL is not a bad decision in the game unless CG pulls the rug from under you and nerfs that counter. GAC is not the whole game. I doubt that people who are solely focused on GLs are on top in all game modes. There are many valid reasons for building non-GL squads in other aspects of the game. By ignoring GLs in the matchmaking process, they are making GAC and TW a worse experience than what they've done to Conquest.

Ideally when you see who you are matched up against you should think that you have a chance to win the match. If your opponent somehow has 2 or 3 more GLs than you do, you know right away that the odds are remote that you can win. The point of matchmaking should be that the matches are competitive and not an outright laugher on one side or the other.
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

Hard to disagree with that. Still, how many now-useless-characters that are not prerequisites for GLs or Executor did you relic to build those counters ?
  • nottenst
    405 posts Member
    edited November 12
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with that. Still, how many now-useless-characters that are not prerequisites for GLs or Executor did you relic to build those counters ?

I don't think any of them are useless right now. [Actually, looking at my relics, my only relic characters that are currently not requirements for GLs or Executor are CAT, Malak, JKR, Jolee, DR, Bastila, BastilaF, and Brood Alpha. Can't recall whether 501st clones are reqs for requirements. ]

But in any case, even if you are going up against someone with 5 GLs and you only have 2 GL, you can win if the guy with 5 GLs never attacks. :)

I did manage to clear him (he placed 2 GLs on defense) with only one battle taking 2 attacks that was in his lower rear. My GL vs GL battles somehow went a lot easier than expected. Since he didn't attack I don't know whether I would have won anyway. I also really have no clear idea how he kept his GP down so low while getting 5 GLs. You never know.
    Post edited by nottenst on