Replies

• StewartH wrote: »
    1. Dash Rendar
    2. Kyle Katarn
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Darth Malgus

What are your predictions?

Kyle Bush and Kyle Larson. JK.
    Although I am going to point out that Mara Jade has been discussed previously on the forum, and it was pointed out that Timoth Zahn (her creator) has made her off limits without his express consent. I don't recall the details, perhaps someone from that conversation with a better memory (or better forum search skills) than mine can chime in.

Interesting and I wonder why he took that stance. Zahn also created Thrawn and hes now in everything which makes the stance on Mara unusual. Its probably about money, like most things.
    There's been rumors that Mara would/will show up in the Ashoka show but those are just internet rumors as far as I can tell. Here's hoping.

Zahn still writes star wars books for cannon. The new thrawn books are really good btw. And Mara was used a lot by other authors in the EU as well in older video games. So I don't think it'd be too hard to get permission.

Most like just a provision in his contract to get some royalties for the use of a character he created.
  • StewartH wrote: »
    1. Dash Rendar
    2. Kyle Katarn
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Darth Malgus

Although I am going to point out that Mara Jade has been discussed previously on the forum, and it was pointed out that Timoth Zahn (her creator) has made her off limits without his express consent. I don't recall the details, perhaps someone from that conversation with a better memory (or better forum search skills) than mine can chime in.

Interesting and I wonder why he took that stance. Zahn also created Thrawn and hes now in everything which makes the stance on Mara unusual. Its probably about money, like most things.
    There's been rumors that Mara would/will show up in the Ashoka show but those are just internet rumors as far as I can tell. Here's hoping.

Zahn still writes star wars books for cannon. The new thrawn books are really good btw. And Mara was used a lot by other authors in the EU as well in older video games. So I don't think it'd be too hard to get permission.

Most like just a provision in his contract to get some royalties for the use of a character he created.

From what I recall in that conversation, Zahn was insisting that Mara had a good story arc in whatever she appeared in. Which is pretty much relative to his interpretation. I don’t know what his thoughts would be on a non-story-based game like SWGOH, but I doubt releasing Mara Jade solely as a requirement for a completely unrelated character would go over well.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »
    1. Dash Rendar
    2. Kyle Katarn
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Darth Malgus

From what I recall in that conversation, Zahn was insisting that Mara had a good story arc in whatever she appeared in. Which is pretty much relative to his interpretation. I don’t know what his thoughts would be on a non-story-based game like SWGOH, but I doubt releasing Mara Jade solely as a requirement for a completely unrelated character would go over well.

I mean I'm sure he does care about his character. But I'm not sure her coming to a mobile game would be a big deal. End if Mara is required, we don't know what teams she would work on. So it may be more than just her being a requirement for starkiller.
    1. Dash Rendar
    2. Kyle Katarn
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Darth Malgus

I mean I'm sure he does care about his character. But I'm not sure her coming to a mobile game would be a big deal. End if Mara is required, we don't know what teams she would work on. So it may be more than just her being a requirement for starkiller.

Maybe. But I think it’s the story that he values. A cinematic-esque event is probably the closest we’ve come to that, and even that’s not much.

Plus, CG would still have to convince Zahn that that’s the reason, and not because they’re trying to deflect from their own disasters by bringing in a popular character to use to get another popular character, which is what we all know this is about.
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    1. Dash Rendar
    2. Kyle Katarn
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Darth Malgus

Maybe. But I think it’s the story that he values. A cinematic-esque event is probably the closest we’ve come to that, and even that’s not much.

Plus, CG would still have to convince Zahn that that’s the reason, and not because they’re trying to deflect from their own disasters by bringing in a popular character to use to get another popular character, which is what we all know this is about.

I'm sure they'll spin it. They are great at that. And unless he actually plays the game, I doubt he'd look into it that much.
  • Proxy...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    If they are "Legends" characters (and not just vide games) I hope they release Darth Bane, one of my favorites other than Darth Revan. The Bane books are awesome

I would argue Darth Bane deserves his own legacy event rather than a pre-req for Starkiller

Agree! But either way would be nice to have him in game
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    1. Dash Rendar
    2. Kyle Katarn
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Darth Malgus

I'm sure they'll spin it. They are great at that. And unless he actually plays the game, I doubt he'd look into it that much.

Also, they used Mara Jade in the old playstation SW fighting game Teras Kasi and that wasn't that great lol
  • Crumb said not all will be video game characters..
  • I liked Mara Jade in SWCCG. Alas, all my local players stopped playing after Decipher lost the contract.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm sure they'll spin it.

2qh5qfuynr21.png
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I liked Mara Jade in SWCCG. Alas, all my local players stopped playing after Decipher lost the contract.

I used to play that. It was fun. I just had the death star 2 packs though with a few others but not many cards outside of those packs made the cut. Never had a Mara jade though. I still have my old cards. May teach my kids to play someday.
  • 1. Dash
    2. Mara Jade Skywalker
    3. Darth Bane or Talon
    4. Talon Karrde

Would be definitely interesting if they added something like Red 5….. or another ship.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    1. Kyle Katarn (Dark Forces game)
    2. Jarael (KotOR comics)
    3. Cade Skywalker (Legacy comics)
    4. Ben Skywalker (books)

I think maybe they'll put 4 LS legends characters for the DS Starkiller and then 4 DS legends characters for LS Starkiller a few months after... Something similar to LS/DS Revan.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    2. Jarael (KotOR comics)
    4. Ben Solo (books)

I think maybe they'll put 4 LS legends characters for the DS Starkiller and then 4 DS legends characters for LS Starkiller a few months after... Something similar to LS/DS Revan.

Ben solo isn't legends.

Did you mean Ben Skywalker?
  • Now that they said not necessarily video games I'll update my predictions.

1. Dash rendar (helps scoundrels)
    2. Mara Jade (jedi faction)
    3. Vestara Kai (Sith Faction)
    4. Darth krate (tuskin leader. Remember he was a tuskin for years).

2. Jarael (KotOR comics)
    4. Ben Solo (books)

Ben solo isn't legends.

Yeap, my bad!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
    MilHanso wrote: »
    2. Jarael (KotOR comics)
    4. Ben Solo (books)

Ben solo isn't legends.

Yeap, my bad!!

I'd rather have ben Skywalker to ben solo any day. I always liked his character more anyway.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I'd be down for Corran Horn.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

My favorite character after the OGs.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2021

I totally forgot about him... Now I have to update my predictions:
    1. Kyle Katarn
    2. Jarael
    3. Cade Skywalker
    4. Corran Horn

Well, where is the information that was supposed to be released today??

1. Kyle Katarn
    2. Jarael
    3. Cade Skywalker
    4. Corran Horn

We know there’s only 4, and we need them at R5. But the event’s permanent like a GL.

1. Kyle Katarn
    2. Jarael
    3. Cade Skywalker
    4. Corran Horn

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251416/lucasfilm-50th-anniversary-and-upcoming-legends-characters#latest
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lmfao…R5 to participate with marquees. $$$$$ grab bby
  • Kyle Katarn
    Mara Jade
    Talon Karrde
    These are the ones I’m hoping for the most. I think Kyle seems most likely
  • Kyp Durron? :#
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lmfao…R5 to participate with marquees. $$$$$ grab bby

End of year, you not see the conquest packs, calendar packs, character and gear packs? Got to get their profits up for the end of the year and their investors.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lmfao…R5 to participate with marquees. $$$$$ grab bby

End of year, you not see the conquest packs, calendar packs, character and gear packs? Got to get their profits up for the end of the year and their investors.

Hopefully people show self control and don’t drop 1k plus on these characters. I doubt it though.